Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Bartender's Shotgun is Contraband
I'm not sure if this a bug or not, but I don't recall this happening prior to the update of shotguns taking up two hands. Basically, it seems that the bartender's riot shotgun is considered contraband now, because the last few rounds where I played barkeep, beepsky and some of the other secbots lost their shit when they saw me with it on mybelt.

It seems kind of odd to spawn the bartender with a riot shotgun if he's also not allowed to use it.
If memory serves it's always been counted as contraband because the bartender doesn't have a weapon permit. The medical director has a similar situation with the tranquilizer rifle, they start with it but since they don't have a weapon permit by default then harner goes nuts with it.
Feature imo
Huh. I'm fine with it being a feature, but that's actually odd. I've literally never had Harner or Beepsky get upset about it before yesterday, and I've played bartender somewhat regularly for ages.
Keep in mind that Beepsky, Harner, and the rest of the jackass robot patrol are kinda dumb. They see a gun-shaped thing and an ID that doesn't specifically state that the holder is above the law and they flip out. This is why Sec is around; while they're not much smarter, they can use their (usually) better judgement to tell if the Barman really shouldn't be using that thing.

Personally I'd take this up with the manufacturer.
The shotgun should be contraband. It's definitely more dangerous than a taser, which is also contraband. Plus, getting beepsky'd as the bartender is a time honored tradition of ss13.
I've always thought that the shotgun and tranq rifle we're things that the Barman and MD respectively smuggled on.

The Barman because they've been tending bar long enough to know they'll need it, and Big Game hunting is the MD's hobby
Big game hunting...
Explains why the captain is a giant cucumber
Yeah, nothing I've changed with weapons recently should have effected their contraband level.
(05-08-2018, 03:18 PM)Eibel Wrote: Big game hunting...
Explains why the captain is a giant cucumber

I figured that's why they get Safari gear as their special item
Not a bug.