Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What keeps you coming back to Goon?
For me Goon is special as it was the first server that I joined in SS13. Even though I have played for a couple of months now, I still do not have a clue on what is going on, sometimes. However this is what has drawn me to Goon, that endless madness each and every round.
Balance and atmosphere. No catpeople or racist idiots. An expectation to have fun, with a good crowd of people willing to teach others. A mix of little quirks unique to this sever without being overloaded with a million features.
We have a good revolving cast of characters.
I love the community, everyones nice and plays well. I questioned some of the rules of conduct when I first played but they have obviously work to foster a better comunnity than any other server ive tried.
Autism.
There's other servers?
community is wildly better than other servers, and i really really like the depth of all the features
Admin Rounds, ass day, events and the community.
Community, and codebase.

Other stations are interesting, some RP servers can be kinda fun, but it’s always nice knowing the Goon staff and players are genuine, nice people, all with a bit of passion for their silly spaceman game. Makes it so much less stressful to jump back on.

Places that aren’t goon are such a mixed bag of power tripping, unspoken rules, cliques and tryhards. At least here, it’s consistently fun, accessible and generally fair.

Idk whatever it’s not like I like you guys or anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlYo8EYTWI
I tried TG for a bit but have paid dearly for it in mental scaring
People are just fun to play with. The server has rules I agree with, and I just have fun teaching people about things.

Also I started on Goon, learned its control scheme, and can't get into other servers because of it. Thanks you assholes.
(03-24-2018, 05:48 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Admin Rounds, ass day, events and the community.

Yeah, Ass Day is truly something special. I invited a friend to the game on the 13th but I forgot that it was Ass Day, so things were a little chaotic for him to say the least.
(03-25-2018, 12:44 AM)AlphaMoon Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 05:48 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Admin Rounds, ass day, events and the community.

Yeah, Ass Day is truly something special. I invited a friend to the game on the 13th but I forgot that it was Ass Day, so things were a little chaotic for him to say the least.

That's a tad odd, how come so many new people try and join on ass day? Some of them have played other servers before but the majority have never played before
It's the goon community mostly, for me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love some of the ideas and features in other servers, but I can't get around some of the toxicity and drama I hear from the other codebases.