Goonstation Forums
What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: What keeps you coming back to Goon? (/showthread.php?tid=10225)

Pages: 1 2 3

What keeps you coming back to Goon? - AlphaMoon - 03-24-2018

For me Goon is special as it was the first server that I joined in SS13. Even though I have played for a couple of months now, I still do not have a clue on what is going on, sometimes. However this is what has drawn me to Goon, that endless madness each and every round.

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Salami Sam - 03-24-2018

Balance and atmosphere. No catpeople or racist idiots. An expectation to have fun, with a good crowd of people willing to teach others. A mix of little quirks unique to this sever without being overloaded with a million features.

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Gannets - 03-24-2018

We have a good revolving cast of characters.

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - New525 - 03-24-2018

I love the community, everyones nice and plays well. I questioned some of the rules of conduct when I first played but they have obviously work to foster a better comunnity than any other server ive tried.

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Vitatroll - 03-24-2018

Autism.

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Dieting Hippo - 03-24-2018

There's other servers?

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Triacontakai - 03-24-2018

community is wildly better than other servers, and i really really like the depth of all the features

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Ed Venture - 03-24-2018

Admin Rounds, ass day, events and the community.

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Weavel - 03-24-2018

Community, and codebase.

Other stations are interesting, some RP servers can be kinda fun, but it’s always nice knowing the Goon staff and players are genuine, nice people, all with a bit of passion for their silly spaceman game. Makes it so much less stressful to jump back on.

Places that aren’t goon are such a mixed bag of power tripping, unspoken rules, cliques and tryhards. At least here, it’s consistently fun, accessible and generally fair.

Idk whatever it’s not like I like you guys or anything

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - shotgunbill - 03-24-2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlYo8EYTWI

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Wisecrack34 - 03-24-2018

I tried TG for a bit but have paid dearly for it in mental scaring

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Technature - 03-24-2018

People are just fun to play with. The server has rules I agree with, and I just have fun teaching people about things.

Also I started on Goon, learned its control scheme, and can't get into other servers because of it. Thanks you assholes.

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - AlphaMoon - 03-25-2018

(03-24-2018, 05:48 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Admin Rounds, ass day, events and the community.

Yeah, Ass Day is truly something special. I invited a friend to the game on the 13th but I forgot that it was Ass Day, so things were a little chaotic for him to say the least.

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - Wisecrack34 - 03-25-2018

(03-25-2018, 12:44 AM)AlphaMoon Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 05:48 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Admin Rounds, ass day, events and the community.

Yeah, Ass Day is truly something special. I invited a friend to the game on the 13th but I forgot that it was Ass Day, so things were a little chaotic for him to say the least.

That's a tad odd, how come so many new people try and join on ass day? Some of them have played other servers before but the majority have never played before

RE: What keeps you coming back to Goon? - robertGN - 03-25-2018

It's the goon community mostly, for me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love some of the ideas and features in other servers, but I can't get around some of the toxicity and drama I hear from the other codebases.