Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Spatial Tears
(03-21-2018, 09:06 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Hrmmmm. What if instead of one, long, map dividing wall... There were several, small, rapid walls created haphazardly activating in sequence?

Would keep the spirit of tears mechanics while making it kid frustrating

that would be far better, allowing for someone not in crit to find a new way around
What if they were actually passable? As in you can walk through it, but while walking over a tear you move at maybe 1-3% of your normal speed. Think "walking with no legs while your body temperature is absolute zero" slow.
What if crossing the tear teleported you to some void plane ( a safe but very large, barren z-level of some sort) that you have to cross entirely to re-enter reality? have it maintain whatever coordinates you enter and exit by too, so say theres a tear along y=150 and you enter it at x=100, you enter the void at y=1 x=100 and go from there. You travel the plane and exit from the other edge, say at y=300 x=115? you exit at y=151 x=115.
This can be used for good or for evil. Or can put you in a wall / crusher / space / whatever.
This sounds incredible, a shadow version of the station or something. Might be alot of work though.
The behavior of full-edge z-level warps exists, the behavior of movable portal exists, and obviously the spacial tear exists.
It should just be a matter of hotgluing the 3 together and figuring out what happens to poor souls who don't make it out of the void before the tear closes.
or it could yknow just send them to the actual void area we got or hell a random adventure zone even, give people an excuse to do some rescue missions
Remember, it goes across the ENTIRE Z-level, these are decent ideas for their own events but I'm pretty sure sending half the staff to a random Z level would cause plenty of problems
(03-26-2018, 06:11 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Remember, it goes across the ENTIRE Z-level, these are decent ideas for their own events but I'm pretty sure sending half the staff to a random Z level would cause plenty of problems

thatsthejoke.jpg
[Image: ve-made-a-damn-fool-of-myself-31362860.png]
(03-21-2018, 09:06 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Hrmmmm. What if instead of one, long, map dividing wall... There were several, small, rapid walls created haphazardly activating in sequence?

TBH I'd just rather see people fantastically force themselves to undergo mutations to cross the gap.
(03-26-2018, 02:24 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:

TBH I'd just rather see people fantastically force themselves to undergo mutations to cross the gap.

That does sound really fun. 

Maybe... don't give anyone rads with it, but whenever you cross over the tear you have your name and apperance randomized. That includes giving you mutations that only change your apperance and voice, like lizard/roach mutations and accents
Crossing has a chance to yee you
(03-26-2018, 04:02 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 02:24 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:

That does sound really fun. 

Maybe... don't give anyone rads with it, but whenever you cross over the tear you have your name and apperance randomized. That includes giving you mutations that only change your apperance and voice, like lizard/roach mutations and accents

I like it, perhaps for every spatial tile you cross you have a chance to have one random thing changed
Shamelessly stolen from the Polymorphism thread! What about the following after going through a tear:

UNSTABLE POLYMORPHISM: You change involuntarily, and at random.

Perhaps this with a time limit somehow?
how about infecting people with teleportitis