Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Spatial Tears
They suck ass and don't bring anything new to the table, with no way to counter or any thought put into dealing with them other than "Wank in the closet till it goes away"
suggestion - Keep spatial tears, but replace the impassable function with severe genetic mutations - i.e. travelling through the warp/40k lore
I cannot say they particularly bother me. But I do see a reasonable point here; the tears are quintessentially a double bird to the player. A rework seems preferrable to a removal though.
(03-16-2018, 12:25 PM)Recusor Wrote: replace the impassable function with severe genetic mutations
The idea itself is fine, but there are already two radiation based random events.
Why not make the tears have a chance to spawn some critters (hostile or not) or random items. It is after all a tear in space. I imagine it being like a one-way portal from another dimension.
Questionable idea: Touching the spatial tear teleports you to a random tile on the station z-level like the spatial anomalies event, but with a small chance to send you to the void instead.
Well, they do have at least one natural enemy: the quark loaf.

Birb's got the word. I like the word, b-b-b-birb.
High chance of losing a limb when passing through the tear
Click on a spatial tear to pass through it. High chance of random mutations or to be turned into a random critter.
(03-16-2018, 05:22 PM)locusts Wrote: Click on a spatial tear to pass through it. High chance of random mutations or to be turned into a random critter.

I like this idea.
I'm with Tombi on the radiation part, id recommend something not entirely devastating (Birb's idea but limited to touching the tear?) as to make up for the fact that it's freaking massive
(03-16-2018, 05:22 PM)locusts Wrote: Click on a spatial tear to pass through it. High chance of random mutations or to be turned into a random critter.

Would make more sense to randomly mutate and teleport to a random location when walked through
(03-16-2018, 10:55 PM)Rocket Wrote:

Would make more sense to randomly mutate and teleport to a random location when walked through

Much of your items and active chems are teleported randomly about the station and\or turned into critters. You also contract teleportitis.
going through the tear should spawn a hostile ghost where you crossed it, and make you take some brute as part of your soul is ripped from you
God I hate those stupid tears. I remember one time I was beating down an antag, they were deep crit, cog2, between chapel and the mini-medbay, and a damned tear opened in the ONE SPACE BETWEEN US as he crawled away.
Ive had it inverse where I was a few steps away from a med pack and died because I couldn't reach it, my body forgotten by the time the tear closed
Hrmmmm. What if instead of one, long, map dividing wall... There were several, small, rapid walls created haphazardly activating in sequence?

Would keep the spirit of tears mechanics while making it kid frustrating