Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosts shouldn't be able to examine beakers
I'm gonna agree with the "Don't want it? Don't have it." crowd. If something can be abused and exploited and is pretty much only there to grief the userbase, don't have it in the game. For example: Initro.

I always felt that chemistry recipes should do more creative things anyway. Don't just have shit that auto-ignites, or heart attack juice, or acid. Make recipes with wacky effects, like making you grow an extra arm, or make you glow in the dark, or spawn an item that attracts NPCs and such.
Initro isn't even lethal anymore or if it is, not one person outside of the admins has the recipe. Moreover, none of the admins ever use it, making it utterly redundant. Although someone at one point griefed people with the fake initro to spectacular effect.

I just think that there should be a probabilistic base for chemical making. I mean, for example, say everyone knew the recipe for initropidril. However, there's one ingredient that is incredibly rare, difficult to obtain. This ensures that only the very lucky or the very very determined get it. Then, you see it on occasion and it can't be abused (sort of like bath salts)
I like chem just the way it is right now, stop fucking with it mad
Sundance Wrote:I got a warning pm from an admin for giving away the recipe for stabilizing agent on mentorhelp, so uhh..
I definitely would not recommend giving out recipes over Mentorhelp. I've given hints before, but giving out full recipes for anything not available on the wiki is not really appropriate.
Also, initro is sometimes the random chemical that you get from ordering a bottle of traitor poison. I've gotten it before.
Wydamn Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:I got a warning pm from an admin for giving away the recipe for stabilizing agent on mentorhelp, so uhh..
I definitely would not recommend giving out recipes over Mentorhelp. I've given hints before, but giving out full recipes for anything not available on the wiki is not really appropriate.

I've had a problem with this, considering that a scientist traitor, having no clue how to use his grenade kit, asked for a little help over Mentorhelp.

As much as I wanted to tell them how to at least make smoke, I could not. frown
This thread was about fixing something that felt like an exploit, not the moral obligations and tribulations of a chemist with recipies

It sucks to have someone watching you make shit and knowing they're there, especially given that the more knowledgeble chemists already get stalked for recipies in various ways. Some recipies do not need to be shared at all ever.
Chemistry does not need to be fucked with at this time.

if you guys are really all that hot and bothered because a curious ghost could wander into chemistry to see what's up and see your SUPER SECRET recipes, just remember...

it's a game.
Look I don't see how this is "fucking with" chemistry at all, it's literally fixing something so you can't stalk someone for recipies and spread shit around
Does this really happen that much? I think you're paranoid.
jflan17 Wrote:Does this really happen that much? I think you're paranoid.
Weavel Wrote:Look I don't see how this is "fucking with" chemistry at all, it's literally fixing something so you can't stalk someone for recipies and spread shit around
A. It's the exact same as a person being in the same room while the shit is getting mixed. It rarely happens and isn't important because they probably miss what's happening in the ChemMaster.

B. If they spread shit around, admins will handle it. Don't bother, honestly.
Weavel Wrote:Look I don't see how this is "fucking with" chemistry at all, it's literally fixing something so you can't stalk someone for recipies and spread shit around
I get what you're trying to say, but the ghosts will probably only see one or two chemicals, and then you stuff it in the ChemMaster and magically make simethicome/napalm/whatever and they'll have no idea what the hell you mixed. They might get a hint, but not the recipe.

Unless you're suggesting this because some ghost actually took some good recipes from you.
Conor12 Wrote:
I get what you're trying to say, but the ghosts will probably only see one or two chemicals, and then you stuff it in the ChemMaster and magically make simethicome/napalm/whatever and they'll have no idea what the hell you mixed. They might get a hint, but not the recipe.

Unless you're suggesting this because some ghost actually took some good recipes from you.

If they see a reaction they've never seen before - and depending on if they know better or not - they will heckle the ever living shit out of you later if they want the recipe.

A cool thing would be to make reagent reactions only visible for one tile, which makes sense since it is happening in a little beaker.
Klayboxx Wrote:A cool thing would be to make reagent reactions only visible for one tile, which makes sense since it is happening in a little beaker.

I like the range on the reaction vision because it allows you to know if your fellow chemist is mixing something that is going to explode in your face and/or kill you, assuming you know what the somewhat cryptic message means.