Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Force someone to be chaplain during wizard rounds
(03-04-2018, 06:54 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 01:26 PM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 01:18 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Easiest way, just tie it to the chaplains clothing

problem with that is that chaplain has various styles of clothes, and limiting it to the default pastor's clothes would be pretty dumb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of the other styles things that go over their normal jumpsuit? The default jumpsuit would be fine if you just include one extra in the office, and then anyone that spawns as a chaplain gets theirs as well.

Pretty sure only the mechanist goes over the normal jump suit
(03-03-2018, 12:58 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Would a better solution be adding a way for a person to BECOME a chaplain (not just access but gaining whatever widget that gives them their chaplain magic) in round?  Some sort of item that speed-loads a theology degree into your head?  Maybe takes you out of commission for, say, a minute for conversation's sake and maybe does a decent amount of brain damage, but then BAM yer the new chaplain?

Chaplain injector! Free but only works once and requires a solid 15 seconds to inject
Make it random. Chaplain dies, a new one is chosen by The Server Itself.

I am not at all suggesting this because it sounds hilarious to me for some reason.
(03-07-2018, 05:12 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Make it random. Chaplain dies, a new one is chosen by The Server Itself.

I am not at all suggesting this because it sounds hilarious to me for some reason.

The ultimate lottery! 
Everyone pitches in 100 credits-
Murder the chaplain! 
New chappy gets the money! 
Repeat!
(03-07-2018, 05:51 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 05:12 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Make it random. Chaplain dies, a new one is chosen by The Server Itself.

The ultimate lottery! 
Everyone pitches in 100 credits-
Murder the chaplain! 
New chappy gets the money! 
Repeat!

It's all fun and games till Medbay gets bombed
The chaplain dies, the server picks a living player at random. You feel empowered.
Imo, I think that if the chaplain dies then the anti-wizard powers should die with them. This thread isn't about making it so there is no point in killing chaplains because someone else will get the power anyway, it's about making sure the chaplain always exists to counter a rampaging wizard, because more often then not there isn't a chaplain during wizard rounds.
(03-07-2018, 04:12 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Imo, I think that if the chaplain dies then the anti-wizard powers should die with them. This thread isn't about making it so there is no point in killing chaplains because someone else will get the power anyway, it's about making sure the chaplain always exists to counter a rampaging wizard, because more often then not there isn't a chaplain during wizard rounds.

Maybe if a Chaplain dies you can go through a ceremony to become the new chaplain. Whilst in the Chapel you must splash holy water on yourself then hit yourself with the Bible, that way if the Wizard makes the Chapel dangerous to be in, spaces the Bible or manages to destroy every means of obtaining holy water then no new Chaplain can be made.

Also if you use regular water and a Mini-Bible you become an Altar Boy, the Robin to the Chaplain's Batman
...I was thinking we could just, you know, let the chaplain keep their powers after being cloned? Space God isn't THAT anti-science, is he?
Truthfully though, how often does the Chaplain do anything against the Wizard? I always just see the wizard get jumped by a crowd when their spells are still on cooldown.

I really don't think Chaplain is all that of an important role that it needs to be forced. Generally, I think them having unique abilities that are only useful as a soft counter against very specific antagonists isn't a particularly good design, and I'd rather Chaplains be something closer to how Santa functions on Spacemas rounds:

A bearer of good fortune for those they're around and whose passing is a portent of greater woes and misfortunes. An anti-clown, more or less
When I'm Chaplain? Never. I've seen the Chaplain be instrumental in taking down a wizard in the last few wiz rounds I've witnessed. Sometimes single-handedly.

Not saying this as a counterpoint. I'm pretty shocked myself. Chappy will always be a flavor job for me.