Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Force someone to be chaplain during wizard rounds
All this talk about forcing security officers or forcing heads during rev but chaplains are literally never around when a wizard is running around cluwning people and blowing up places with fireballs. And plus there is no risk of someone committing suicide or going braindead if they get forced chaplain because chaplain is just a staff assistant with perks, unlike the heads of staff or security, who actually have responsibilities.
Hello this thread has four stars but no replies can someone actually tell me if you think the idea is shit or not?
Forcing it seems extreme. Maybe just increase the chance of someone rolling Chaplain?

Some questions/thoughts:
If everyone has Chaplain disabled, what would you do?
Would you also do the same for Vamp and Wraith rounds?
(03-02-2018, 07:49 PM)TheDK Wrote: Some questions/thoughts:
If everyone has Chaplain disabled, what would you do?
Same as if everyone has AI or captain disabled: Force a random person to be chaplain anyway. Chaplains are just staff assistants with perks, so nobody will complain about being made anti-wizard man.
Quote:Would you also do the same for Vamp and Wraith rounds?

Vampires are MUCH less dangerous than wizards, and wraiths are basically impossible to kill even WITH a chaplain, so I would say no.
This seems like a really easy way to tell if a round has a wizard or not, since nobody ever plays chaplain.

Otherwise it'd be fine I guess?
(03-02-2018, 11:25 PM)Technature Wrote: This seems like a really easy way to tell if a round has a wizard or not, since nobody ever plays chaplain.

this was my first thought as well, but after thinking about it for 0.3 seconds just now, i realized that wizards are loud as fuck anyway
(03-02-2018, 08:01 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Same as if everyone has AI or captain disabled: Force a random person to be chaplain anyway. Chaplains are just staff assistants with perks, so nobody will complain about being made anti-wizard man.

That is not how it works, If everyone has AI or Captain disabled then there is simply no captain or AI
Thing is, forcing someone to be Chaplain isnt gonna work. It's an underappreciated job almost full stop. What's gonna stop them from suiciding?
(03-03-2018, 11:02 AM)UmbraDrake Wrote: Thing is, forcing someone to be Chaplain isnt gonna work. It's an underappreciated job almost full stop. What's gonna stop them from suiciding?

Chaplain is an assistant with anti-wizard powers. Nobody should be THAT upset to be chaplain. Forcing someone to be chaplain during wiz rounds will result in less suicide then forcing 3 heads of staff during rev, at the very least.
Would a better solution be adding a way for a person to BECOME a chaplain (not just access but gaining whatever widget that gives them their chaplain magic) in round? Some sort of item that speed-loads a theology degree into your head? Maybe takes you out of commission for, say, a minute for conversation's sake and maybe does a decent amount of brain damage, but then BAM yer the new chaplain?
Easiest way, just tie it to the chaplains clothing
(03-03-2018, 01:18 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Easiest way, just tie it to the chaplains clothing

problem with that is that chaplain has various styles of clothes, and limiting it to the default pastor's clothes would be pretty dumb
(03-03-2018, 12:58 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Would a better solution be adding a way for a person to BECOME a chaplain (not just access but gaining whatever widget that gives them their chaplain magic) in round?  Some sort of item that speed-loads a theology degree into your head?  Maybe takes you out of commission for, say, a minute for conversation's sake and maybe does a decent amount of brain damage, but then BAM yer the new chaplain?

Put a Bible in somebody's chest to artificially turn them into a chaplain like entity.

This idea sounds like SS13 scientists have uncovered the secrets of Religion and managed to find ways to harness Holy Powers and channel them through some staff assistant's (guinea pig) body. However it comes with a risk : don't fart, or have your butt removed beforehand, or else a fate worse than smitting awaits you. Maybe your soul's ripped away from your body and you turn into some cluwne-cockroach hybrid abomination.

Science saved the day.
(03-03-2018, 11:33 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 11:02 AM)UmbraDrake Wrote: Thing is, forcing someone to be Chaplain isnt gonna work. It's an underappreciated job almost full stop. What's gonna stop them from suiciding?

Chaplain is an assistant with anti-wizard powers. Nobody should be THAT upset to be chaplain. Forcing someone to be chaplain during wiz rounds will result in less suicide then forcing 3 heads of staff during rev, at the very least.

I believe Chaplain's don't have Maintenance access.  Could be wrong though, been a while since I bible'd.
(03-03-2018, 01:26 PM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 01:18 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Easiest way, just tie it to the chaplains clothing

problem with that is that chaplain has various styles of clothes, and limiting it to the default pastor's clothes would be pretty dumb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of the other styles things that go over their normal jumpsuit? The default jumpsuit would be fine if you just include one extra in the office, and then anyone that spawns as a chaplain gets theirs as well.

Either way, I think tying the ability to an object that a chaplain would carry works best. Doesn't force someone into the role, but lets them go get the item in question if they want it, while letting actual chaplains spawn with the item in question so they have the powers by default