Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MINOR] Making the attenuation goggles suck a whole lot less with a simple change
Have HUD toggle to turn it on/off; the latter being normal sight.
This stops people from having to physically take them off, occupying a hand-slot for an item that has a very minor advantage.
(please don't derail this into 101 idea's of the usefulness on the goggles, there was already a long discussion about that. This minor change would signifcantly improve them, while still staying true to the source)
THAT'S COOL AND ALL SUNDANCE BUT WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF YOU COULD TURN THEM ON AND OFF WITH THE CLICK OF A BUTTON?!

(Did I fool you?)
What about if the button toggle was to push them up onto your forehead? Get that cool steam/cyberpunk goggles-on-head look going. I'd support this for all eyewear, as well.
(05-08-2017, 05:36 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: What about if the button toggle was to push them up onto your forehead? Get that cool steam/cyberpunk goggles-on-head look going. I'd support this for all eyewear, as well.

Would be a weird interaction with hats for sprite layering, I think.
idea, Sundance. Good
good idea mis- I mean sundance
(05-08-2017, 07:19 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 05:36 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: What about if the button toggle was to push them up onto your forehead? Get that cool steam/cyberpunk goggles-on-head look going. I'd support this for all eyewear, as well.

[Image: 5-annoying-ways-to-wear-sunglasses-on-hat.jpg]
(05-08-2017, 12:33 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 07:19 AM)Mordent Wrote:

[Image: 5-annoying-ways-to-wear-sunglasses-on-hat.jpg]

Yes, so the layering would reverse (currently hats go over the eye slot). Except in some cases, because it wouldn't work if you're wearing a space helmet. Now how does hair play into this, does it slot between layers or go above them all? What if I'm wearing a flipped up welding mask?

My point is this interaction adds a bunch more exceptions. Only with the attenuation goggles would there be a benefit to pushing them up (the rest have such minor tints it's not worth worrying about). A toggle to disable the goggles (and also the cybereye if you have it) would solve the problem entirely without adding weirdness.
I'm diametrically opposed to everything Kevin James.
What'd be the problem with the goggles flipping up just over the eyes? There doesn't need to be any exceptions at that stage. If the hat covers the sprite, then it covers the sprite, doesn't need to go over the hat.
It'd look hecka cool. But alas, unnecessary.
i have full intent to do this

but it requires reworking the whole mechanic on the backend and a bunch of new code so it might take a few

also if someone does the sprites for me i'll make them flip, otherwise too much work
(05-09-2017, 08:50 AM)zewaka Wrote: i have full intent to do this

but it requires reworking the whole mechanic on the backend and a bunch of new code so it might take a few

also if someone does the sprites for me i'll make them flip, otherwise too much work

seems easy enough, I'll give it a shot.
Aaand I was unable to make it.

My idea was to just have the lenses flip up instead, but it turns out I'm p. bad at glasses.
I'll give this a whirl later on, see what comes of it. Making no promises, but I reckon it should be pretty easy. *stares at Noah
maybe u can look at the code of the welding helmet overlay/flipup function since it does pretty much what u want to do here