Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
is lljk dead
god i wish something like rev would come back, omj. imagine rev with the new blood footsteps and slipping on blood and shit, itd be fucking messy and funny as hell

ps: before u start shitting on rev it doesnt have to be the same one over again. we had giant fucking ideas threads full of great good suggestions for tuning rev to be improved and nicer even to modern goon sensibilities

too bad we have so many excellent good ideas, that they begin to drown each other out
(05-06-2017, 12:51 PM)OMJ Wrote: BRING BACK BADMINNERY

[Image: 88PZxx5.jpg]

If elected, I promise to make badminnery great again.
so let's just bring rev back
I never really was a fan of Rev. What I've seen in the the past few months, whenever admins let set the round to Rev, it that it's virtually impossible for the Heads to win, as the heads can't retaliate without fear of external retribution for stepping out of bounds
(05-06-2017, 02:23 PM)Mageziya Wrote: I never really was a fan of Rev. What I've seen in the the past few months, whenever admins let set the round to Rev, it that it's virtually impossible for the Heads to win, as the heads can't retaliate without fear of external retribution for stepping out of bounds
There is also a difference from when the admins set it to rev and when it's in the rotation because then people don't know it's rev.
Actually, people not knowing it's Rev just worsens that problem. If everyone knows it's Rev, then the Heads actually have a chance.
(05-06-2017, 01:07 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

I vote Noah for learning how to use the goddamned tab key!! >frown
Here's my opinion. The game has hardly changed, you're just too experienced and it's lost it's newness. That's why you feel unsurprised playing. You can harken back to the good old days and blame new features all you want, but it's a fruitless pursuit
(05-06-2017, 04:01 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:

Don't blame me, blame the template's poor typesetting.

Edit:

(05-06-2017, 04:02 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Here's my opinion. The game has hardly changed, you're just too experienced and it's lost it's newness. That's why you feel unsurprised playing. You can harken back to the good old days and blame new features all you want, but it's a fruitless pursuit
I don't blame the new features for anything. I am blaming the lack of new features and the community culture shift that has resulted in a dearth of creative chaos, badmin initiated or otherwise.
(05-06-2017, 04:03 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

No, i mean, i've just spent the past two days trying to debug your borg patch. I'm nowhere near finished but at least it actually compiles now.

What kind of sick depraved person do you have to be to try and format your code using the spacebar!
(05-06-2017, 04:29 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(05-06-2017, 04:03 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

No, i mean, i've just spent the past two days trying to debug your borg patch. I'm nowhere near finished but at least it actually compiles now.

What kind of sick depraved person do you have to be to try and format your code using the spacebar!

That might be the wrong borg patch then because I've been using tab the whole gosh darn time.

I have two different named ones because git decided to break on me and I couldn't push to one of them anymore.
public leak's well over a year out of date, patch writing seems pointless, see you guys on open codebases
If elected, I promise to host a rock lobster event with hostile magma crabs.

That's a promise.
(05-06-2017, 02:23 PM)Mageziya Wrote: I never really was a fan of Rev. What I've seen in the the past few months, whenever admins let set the round to Rev, it that it's virtually impossible for the Heads to win, as the heads can't retaliate without fear of external retribution for stepping out of bounds
well you see, thats part of the purpose of the giant ideas rev revisions thread we had, to make rev more gooder and fairer, should it be brought back

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7655&page=6
(05-06-2017, 06:37 PM)Cirrial Wrote: public leak's well over a year out of date, patch writing seems pointless, see you guys on open codebases

as was discussed on the other coder thread, if you are working on a part that you suspect to be out of date on the source, just freakin ask for an updated version or the hooks into it