Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeling DNA points
Rather than DNA points being something that is acquired per kill and used up with abilities, make it something closer to wraiths where the points restore over time to a max amount and absorbing people raises that amount, capped at the objective goal of 12 crewmen.

Additionally, fire should burn away the points rapidly
I've never really seen DNA points as a major limit during ling rounds. Most of their bread-and-butter powers cost no DNA points, so unless you're running around in horror form all the time, it's fairly unlikely you'll run out. As long as you eat a guy every ten minutes or so you can run around spamming handspiders and DNA stings with very little fear of running out.

Even at 0 DNA points, a changeling still has access to about three-quarters of their abilities, they're not like vamps who are severely blood-limited.
(04-20-2017, 02:40 AM)Roomba Wrote: Even at 0 DNA points, a changeling still has access to about three-quarters of their abilities, they're not like vamps who are severely blood-limited.

speaking of which, this idea would be better for vamps than for lings. lings kick ass with no dna, vamps are basically just humans with a flash built in until they stab someone and eat them and hope to not get seen. or rob medbay.

vampire needs to be more common and so does wraith
(04-20-2017, 03:39 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 02:40 AM)Roomba Wrote: Even at 0 DNA points, a changeling still has access to about three-quarters of their abilities, they're not like vamps who are severely blood-limited.

speaking of which, this idea would be better for vamps than for lings. lings kick ass with no dna, vamps are basically just humans with a flash built in until they stab someone and eat them and hope to not get seen. or rob medbay.

vampire needs to be more common and so does wraith

I came into this thread to post this exact same thing, vampires need more love
I would actually like if changelings had more of their current power transferred from their normal form to their horror form. Right now the only way to use it and not die is against solo targets, when they are intended to allow a changeling to make a last stand after being detected and cornered. One person with a flamethrower and a little bit of robustness can kite a shambler until it burns to death.
Also, making use of the Handspider feature (Handspider production + healing) will actually drain your DNA points now, which means the 2 minutes of glory you get out of shambler are even shorter now. I feel like shambler needs to actually last longer, because most of the time the shambler just runs out of DNA and then dies for it. Using it blows your cover so bad that you can't really ever use it, and then the DNA cost means it's basically once per round only.
shamblers should move much faster than they do. like i understand shambling and all that, but maybe they have extra hands that just like pull them along. as is yeah its really easy to just run around them and shoot/run in and stab. shamblers are easier to kill than a normal ling, honestly, other than the regen
I remember back when a shambler was a nigh unstoppable force that required a concerted effort on the part of most of the crew to actually bring down.

I miss those days and fully support making shambling abominations great again.
Shambling Abomination for president 2060
Do shamblers really need the constant DNA drain? Considering how hard it blows your cover you're pretty much against the clock before the crew comes to burn you to death, just make the activation cost high so it stays as a last resort or shuttle/late round rampage sort of thing
having stuff like horror form or mutant arm or whatever active could reserve a portion of your mana pool, temporarily lowering your total. then the mana regen time, mana totals, and ability costs become the new "cooldowns"

ps

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8202
(04-21-2017, 05:45 PM)misto Wrote: having stuff like horror form or mutant arm or whatever active could reserve a portion of your mana pool, temporarily lowering your total. then the mana regen time, mana totals, and ability costs become the new "cooldowns"

ps

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8202

Yeah, that's kinda what I was going for. More of a different way the system could work that I thought up randomly one night