Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.13 Average
Ideas of questionable quality
Golems, using the philosopher's stone as a power source. Could possibly use soulsteel as a component. Philosopher's stone could double as an infinite power cell for borgs and a heart that never fails for humans.
(03-20-2017, 11:38 AM)misto Wrote: slug/snail race. they move very slow and leave sticky slime trail that slows everyone else down too. janitor hates him. they die if u put salt on them. chef will cook him into escargot

SLIMY BOYZ REPRESENT
(03-20-2017, 04:49 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Golems, using the philosopher's stone as a power source. Could possibly use soulsteel as a component. Philosopher's stone could double as an infinite power cell for borgs and a heart that never fails for humans.

If they need getting to the end of a telescience area and using that damn telescope to build I hope they have some freak strength and durability.
There's an easier way to get soulsteel, unless that's been changed since I last tried.
You can make soulsteel out of ectoplasm and steel.
pretty sure they were talking about the philosphers stone
oh right soulsteel is easier
but fuck the philosopher's stone, useless rock
Wikipedia Wrote:The philosopher's stone, or stone of the philosophers (Latin: lapis philosophorum) is a legendary alchemical substance capable of turning base metals such as mercury into gold (chrysopoeia, from the Greek χρυσός khrusos, "gold," and ποιεῖν poiēin, "to make") or silver. It is also able to extend one's life and called the elixir of life, useful for rejuvenation and for achieving immortality; for many centuries, it was the most sought-after goal in alchemy.
So, make the Philosopher's Stone:
Effect 1: Turn an object gold when slapped with it
Effect 2: Heal a person when slapped with it
Effect 3: Required for SoS immortality
or
Just make it a really, really voluminous beaker. Sometimes people 'need' one, but can never find one.
http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/V40_Mini

hello my friends, have you ever heard of the v40 mini hand grenade. its a real world grenade about as small as a golf ball, although the pin and lever switch bits on top make it a bit bigger. anyway, i would wager that the syndicate would easily have some of these in stock. maybe they could even be disguised as golf balls and be some kind of golfer or miniputt sports traitor gimmick shit. i would recommend they come in a pack containing several, and pack more punch than trick cigarettes, give shrapnel and cause bleed, break windows, start fires, but be made not to damage floors, if that can be arranged. there also exist some small spherical soviet grenades that are just 2cm bigger in diameter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V40_Mini-Grenade
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGN_hand_grenade

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTsIXYwkLM

consider having some stingball grenades for security to use. they spray out less-lethal pellets that could be simulated by having some of the pre-existing shotgun baton shell projectiles spray out from the point of detonation. advantages: smaller effective area than the current flashbangs will make users less likely to also stun themselves with it, should not require sunglasses and earplugs to use, should not be resisted by an enemy wearing sunglasses and earplugs. disadvantages: the less-lethal pellets are not effective over a very wide radius. make your throw count.
+1 for Security getting more fun-n-exciting riot gear
(02-16-2017, 09:02 AM)Mordent Wrote: At the moment we have two reagents that really should be one and the same, coffee and espresso.

Alternatively: coffee + 3 water =@90C=> 4 espresso

what the fuck no what is wrong with you, you twisted madman, you devious fiend, you diabolical devil, espresso is not normal coffee you imbecile

(02-16-2017, 09:19 AM)Sundance Wrote: Maybe a better reason to drink espresso over coffee from the machine? Currently they are pretty much the same?

Also spreadshots could be allocated to shotguns? Possible now that projectiles are coded differently? I would love to see more diverse guns in general.

Espresso has benefits over coffee. I'm not sure if anyone has found them, but they are there.

We actually have working spreadshot ammo projectiles. Would people want to see how buckshot works for shotguns?
(03-24-2017, 09:56 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 09:02 AM)Mordent Wrote: At the moment we have two reagents that really should be one and the same, coffee and espresso.

what the fuck no what is wrong with you, you twisted madman, you devious fiend, you diabolical devil, espresso is not normal coffee you imbecile

(02-16-2017, 09:19 AM)Sundance Wrote: Maybe a better reason to drink espresso over coffee from the machine? Currently they are pretty much the same?

Also spreadshots could be allocated to shotguns? Possible now that projectiles are coded differently? I would love to see more diverse guns in general.

Espresso has benefits over coffee. I'm not sure if anyone has found them, but they are there.

We actually have working spreadshot ammo projectiles. Would people want to see how buckshot works for shotguns?

Only if the power on the spreadshot is MUCH less powerful than current traitor shells because one shot can already put one person into crit, let alone 3 or 4.
(03-24-2017, 09:59 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(03-24-2017, 09:56 PM)zewaka Wrote:

Only if the power on the spreadshot is MUCH less powerful than current traitor shells because one shot can already put one person into crit, let alone 3 or 4.

I'd love different grades of shot, maybe even rock salt as an option for a very painful but non-lethal blast.

It's too bad there's only expresso machines and not those generic, Mr. coffee type brewers. Feels weird buying a cup of coffee from a machine, having it dispensed into a paper cup, then transferring it into my #1 grandpa mug
Spreadshot? How about a spreadshot/frag grenade/pipebomb? I mean that's already a thing sorta, and maybe a thing within a thing, but why not have another thing? Especially a rubber-ball grenade type thing.

Granted just typing that out makes me realize it's a bad idea but yeah, too late now.

edit: Ooh, WORSE idea! Claymores!

Great for the shrewd nukeop team looking the minimize friendly casualties. Nasty.
(03-24-2017, 11:42 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Claymores

Don't they already start with mines that never get used?