Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature
(10-22-2016, 10:55 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 06:39 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: EDIT: Apparently you can actually still do this, but it requires an upgrade found somewhere in space. B)

That's hardly makes it better. I'm sorry but this change was just dumb. What's the point of needlessly making something tedious?

what would this server be without adding more tedious horseshit on top of the rest of all of the other tedious horseshit?
(10-22-2016, 11:35 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 10:55 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 06:39 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: EDIT: Apparently you can actually still do this, but it requires an upgrade found somewhere in space. B)

That's hardly makes it better. I'm sorry but this change was just dumb. What's the point of needlessly making something tedious?

what would this server be without adding more tedious horseshit on top of the rest of all of the other tedious horseshit?

It used to be new content getting added instead of taking existing content and splitting it up into more steps for no real reason, other then to make it needlessly tedious. Sure I could understand if it was being abused cause it has been changed in the past when it was abused but I doubt that's the reason for this change. Forgive me for my assumptions and my further speculations as I continue, but it seems to me this change was either made for an upcoming feature for the reclaimer or because it made little sense for your clothes to pop out of it. If it's the second reason then I got to say changing anything so it's more realistic in a 2D spaceman game about farts is dumb and should never be used as a reason to change something as you risk wasting the player's time or taking away from the game's fun.

As the old saying goes "Don't fix what aint broken"
I can understand the NecroScan upgrade (scan skeletons and rotted corpses, etc) but removing the good functionality of the enzymatic reclaimer and turning it into an upgrade that requires some sizeable number of credits + the wherewithal to go to the GLOMAR scavenger and buy it from the PR-1 there (there I said it) is actually kind of frustrating. It's one of those things you would WANT to have every single round because the alternative is a nightmare but it's a chore to do every round.

BV i say fix it. how many people here even know which piece of shit in space IS the glomar scavenger
(10-23-2016, 12:24 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: BV i say fix it. how many people here even know which piece of shit in space IS the glomar scavenger

The small, cramped room with 3 locked crates, 2 artifacts, a merchant and a bunch of crushers in the walls?
(10-23-2016, 01:09 AM)medsal15 Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 12:24 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: BV i say fix it. how many people here even know which piece of shit in space IS the glomar scavenger

The small, cramped room with 3 locked crates, 2 artifacts, a merchant and a bunch of crushers in the walls?

Yes'un, that's the one, located Somewhere or Other in the rough middle of the debris field or so
Cloning was already tedious busywork before, now it's even longer and more drawn-out. If making cloning take longer or be more complex was the idea, why not package it with new features? Increase the time in the pod, but enable adding multiple cloning pods to the same system.

It also makes zero sense for the upgrade to be added to the debris field. The place is already full of useful upgrades to medical kit that are rarely ever brought in, like the necroscan and pathology gear upgrades. I would personally prefer to have it purchasable from QM's traders, giving them something better to offer medbay than more basic medicines.
Yea, cloning has been made less appealing because of this. I've seen corpses on the floor with someone in the cloning pod on pause because the cloner ran out of biomatter because people don't want to spend 10 minutes stripping someone of their clothes but are polite enough to destroy the persons gear.

If autostripping doesn't get returned, there should be another way to get biomatter without having to spend ten minutes killing monkeys or relying on mining.
(10-23-2016, 10:44 AM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: Yea, cloning has been made less appealing because of this.  I've seen corpses on the floor with someone in the cloning pod on pause because the cloner ran out of biomatter because people don't want to spend 10 minutes stripping someone of their clothes but are polite enough to destroy the persons gear.

If autostripping doesn't get returned, there should be another way to get biomatter without having to spend ten minutes killing monkeys or relying on mining.

I can't help but feel people are massively over-emphasising the amount of time removing someone's gear takes. Firstly, get their uniform, as that causes pockets, belt, and I think ID to drop. Backpack, shoes, outer uniform (if any), glasses (if any), headset, helmet (if any), gloves (if any). All told, maybe a minute.
(10-23-2016, 10:52 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 10:44 AM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: Yea, cloning has been made less appealing because of this.  I've seen corpses on the floor with someone in the cloning pod on pause because the cloner ran out of biomatter because people don't want to spend 10 minutes stripping someone of their clothes but are polite enough to destroy the persons gear.

I can't help but feel people are massively over-emphasising the amount of time removing someone's gear takes. Firstly, get their uniform, as that causes pockets, belt, and I think ID to drop. Backpack, shoes, outer uniform (if any), glasses (if any), headset, helmet (if any), gloves (if any). All told, maybe a minute.

For a game with ~40-50 minute rounds, and where there can be some 10-20 deaths in any given one, 1 minute per corpse in addition to the rest of the cloning process will become a significant percentage of round time spent doing it
The melodrama aside, this change makes no sense. There wasn't really anything prompting the change to be made either.

It doesn't add anything to the gameplay at all. This change doesn't fix a problem either, because there was no problem with the original, rather it instead makes a problem. And the solution of finding a module in space just slaps an annoyance onto the gameplay instead of adding anything.

In short, this change accomplishes nothing.
The Necroscan II is also located in the Medical ship on the debris field, for free.

And yeah it was absolutely fine originally. The tediousness of removing clothes for an arbitrary reason isn't improving game-play, it's taking away.

Punish the dead for being cloned by reducing max health and/or other health related issues. Do not punish the player cloning them, as that will discourage many from doing so and in turn result in
A) People not getting cloned
and
B) People being cloned but all their stuff, particularly ID's and backpacks deleted.

Oh and if this change is in a greater scheme of things regarding cloning, perhaps let the community know? Otherwise it might be one of those things that seemed good on paper but not so good in practice.
A bit of a tangent, but can synthmeat/synthorgans/synthbutts be used in the enzymatic reclaimer? I'd understand why not if it isn't the case, given how low-effort-high-yield Hydroponics is, but I'm still not sure.

Back on topic... whaddya know, I guess the change was on purpose after all!
If I had to take a guess as to why the change is present, it's to offer antagonist roles in Medbay an effortless means to dispose of bodies and all evidence. Ergo, the idea is that it'd encourage players to seek out the module to deprive the enzymatic reclaimer of its evidence-disposing role.

Though at the very least Destiny should have an easy means of obtaining the module. LLJK1's more relaxed tone and tendency towards "extended" means that for any potential the feature has on LLJK2, on LLJK1 it's a giant annoyance that makes Geneticists jump through extra hoops just to make sure they don't accidentally get rid of all their blindfolds.

why are you defending this?

Mordent, don't you also exclusively play on #1, where you can get away with having a slower pace (whereas #2 is much faster, and a matter of a minute or two can get you summarily murdered)? I feel it's unfair to make your arguments based off of solely that. I can perhaps understand the slow pace and roleplay weight, but #2 isn't for either of those.

But I mean that's just me.
(10-23-2016, 06:35 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Mordent, don't you also exclusively play on #1, where you can get away with having a slower pace (whereas #2 is much faster, and a matter of a minute or two can get you summarily murdered)? I feel it's unfair to make your arguments based off of solely that. I can perhaps understand the slow pace and roleplay weight, but #2 isn't for either of those.

But I mean that's just me.

95% on #1, yes. When the two share codebases, though, that doesn't make my opinion any less valid.