Goonstation Forums
Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Good ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature (/showthread.php?tid=7322)

Pages: 1 2 3

Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - Erik - 10-20-2016

title.

Spending more than a minute stripping someone is just annoying, why was it even removed in the first place?

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - APARTHEID - 10-20-2016

The code is currently broken. You of all people should know some pushes break compatibility.

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - UrsulaMejor - 10-20-2016

Support. The busywork of being a geneticist should be front-loaded onto finding the body and scanning it and/or pre-scanning people into the records.

It shouldn't be added as a completely pointless step in between the scanning and mulching of the corpse.

At the very least, let's compromise and bring back rapid-stripping for corpses so that it doesn't accumulate into tons of wasted time.

EDIT:
@APARTHEID:
Code:
[00:45:23] <Hull> changed it so putting people in the reclaimer now uses the action bar system instead of just a sleep(30) then checking if the user's grab still existed, somewhere, not caring if the user or target had suddenly vanished to the ice moon or whatever.  so long as that grab still existed that person was going in the reclaimer.
[12:18:45] <Spacebee> also disabled the auto-unequip on the reclaimer at spy's request

EDIT2:
Code:
[00:55:04] <cUrsulaMajor> What if having clothes still on the corpse had a chance of horribly fucking up any clone that's in the clone pod as fabric is spliced into his body
[00:55:07] <cUrsulaMajor> double the anger
[00:55:13] <cUrsulaMajor> double the criminal negligence
[00:55:45] <cUrsulaMajor> that way it's not POINTLESS busiwork, it's BENEFICIAL busiwork

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - APARTHEID - 10-20-2016

even if Spacebee said it, I'll bite.

That's a strange choice to make while ironing out old code. Why change it back to its old iteration?

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - amaranthineApocalypse - 10-21-2016

I like the idea of having the reclaimer jam up and spew gibs everywhere if the person has a fire extinguisher, airtank, crowbar or similair on them

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - Vitatroll - 10-21-2016

If it's a design choice then it's a silly one. It wasn't abused and it didn't take away anything outside of mindless busywork.

I'd understand if that busywork was a limiting factor, but it wasn't.

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - Ultimate Shrek Fan - 10-21-2016

If it's not a bug please re-enable this shit ASAP.

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - NesMettaur - 10-21-2016

Quote:Monday, October 17, 2016

SpyGuy updated
  • The auto-undresser on the Biomatter Reclaimer has broken. Maintenance has been called and will be with you momentarily.
It is most definitely a bug, though I've not the slightest what it's tied to.

No worries, though, they are indeed looking to fix this.

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - Erik - 10-21-2016

[quote='NesMettaur' pid='83748' dateline='1477077331']
Quote:It is most definitely a bug, though I've not the slightest what it's tied to.
No worries, though, they are indeed looking to fix this.

No, it's not otherwise i'd be posting in the bug section.

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - pooner - 10-22-2016

(10-21-2016, 03:43 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: I like the idea of having the reclaimer jam up and spew gibs everywhere if the person has a fire extinguisher, airtank, crowbar or similair on them

this please

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - Ed Venture - 10-22-2016

Change is only good when it makes things better.

If its really not a bug then this is a god awful change as needlessly wasting time for a once quick action is dumb.

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - Grek - 10-22-2016

I prefer how the reclaimer worked before and will joust anyone who wants to make it get jammed up by clothing.

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - Nnystyxx - 10-22-2016

Yeah please return this to the way it was. Bad enough you can only take off one thing at a time, but this combined with that makes a basic function of gameplay/cloning way way way worse

EDIT: Apparently you can actually still do this, but it requires an upgrade found somewhere in space. B)

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - Ultimate Shrek Fan - 10-22-2016

(10-22-2016, 06:39 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: EDIT: Apparently you can actually still do this, but it requires an upgrade found somewhere in space. B)

this is terrible. TERRIBLE

RE: Restore the enzymatic reclaimer auto-unequip feature - Ed Venture - 10-22-2016

(10-22-2016, 06:39 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: EDIT: Apparently you can actually still do this, but it requires an upgrade found somewhere in space. B)

That's hardly makes it better. I'm sorry but this change was just dumb. What's the point of needlessly making something tedious?