Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.17 Average
The Farkas house of text walls, ridicule and doomsday preppery
vuk has good energy and enthusiasm, i hope he has a good future
As far as doomsday prep goes, MREs have a shelf life of ten years and taste delicious. Just avoid the "sugar candies" and "beverage mixes" unless you're a fan of vomiting.
LLJK 1 is a roleplay server.

On this server, you are expected to interact with other players and to act in a way at least vaguely reasonable.

Now put yourself in your spaceman's shoes.

You've just come back with a crate of life weed you claim you want so that you can make omni for the crew's healing and benefit when the clown comes and takes your crate. Do you:

A) Call security to apprehend the clown

B) Explain to the clown your reasons for needing the crate, express that you don't find his behaviour enjoyable, and ask nicely for the crate back

C) Try your hardest to grab the crate back while signaling to the crew that you need help

D) STAB HIM IN THE EYES WITH A SCREWDRIVER OH GOD VUK HIS BLOOD IS ALL OVER YOUR JUMPSUIT AND THE FLOOR AND JESUS CHRIST I CAN HEAR HIS BREATHS SUCKING THROUGH A CHEST WOUND OH MY GOOOOODDDDD

Your behaviour doesn't conform to any sort of consistency with either your stated motives (benevolence toward the crew, wanting to heal people) or any sort of reasonable behaviour toward how a real person would act in the given situation (unless they're a violent psychopath, which you're not allowed to roleplay as under the rules).

Even in isolation, not accounting for your or anyone else's previous behaviour, this is unacceptable, and you come off as really childish at best or anti social at worst, and this behaviour seems to be the reason you were banned.

Take a deep breath. Chill. Try to have fun, and keep in mind that everyone else is also just trying to have fun.

This is a social game. Talk more, try to stab less.
jesus christ that's a lot of words
So one day the AI gets a corrupted law (law 2) that encourages it to spread fire to everyone because it's healthy. The AI states it's laws and everyone flips out, so I grab the FreeForm as fast as I can to override the law with a fourth one that replaces it to it's original law. The AI states it's laws and everything is fine.
You, however, completely overlook the newly instated law and begin complaining that no one is fixing it and that we're all blind, despite me saying that I've already fixed it.
So because you're a Mechanic and you were granted the righteous duty of fixing everything by breaking into it first, you decide to hack into the AI core, which is trespassing. I rush in and hit you with three stun bolts, and throw you out of the bridge and ask the AI to state law 4 in particular.
Listening helps, thanks.
Farkas, this is probably the worst way to raise a 24 hour ban issue into a public airing of dirty laundry.
Doomsday survival eh? Well if martial law ever goes down, we know that Vuk can beat up a trained cop so he should be fine. We could only pray for the rest of us.
Seriously dude, take some time to cool off, Learn to write in a more comprehensible way, and honestly it sounds more like you'd fit in better on 2, You keep acting like greytide, at least go where they handle that better.
Despite the yarn-ball nature of your post, you seem like a native English speaker. How can you type in earnest using "ya", "yer", and other outright moronic versions of real words without feeling embarrassed?

I bet if you found the answer to this, you'd be better at this game.
I get wanting to be prepared. I usually at least have a breath mask and O2 tank around.

But dude, 'it's okay when I do it, and I'll beat the shit out of anyone who does it to me' is kind of a terrible mindset. I mean, I'm aware that mining often gets raided for boots and space suits and that's an endemic hazard of late joining, but it's a friggin' RP server. At least try the following:

'Hi, SPACEPERSON! May I please have XYZ? Thanks!'

Seriously. Most of us are happy to share.

Also, as far as gloves go, I sometimes give them to peeps with cyberhearts because if you get shocked - it's bad news.

Edit: Also, the clown IS a silent hero and Atamus is right. And Ursula has some good points, too.
(10-06-2016, 10:13 AM)The_Rain Wrote: 'Hi, SPACEPERSON! May I please have XYZ? Thanks!'

Seriously. Most of us are happy to share.
I concur with this. If you ask for something nicely/provide very clear reasoning as to why you want the object, then I'll probably give it to you. If you're asking over the radio and don't get a reply, then just PDA them.
(10-06-2016, 03:48 AM)BurntCornMuffin Wrote: Moved this thread to General, as it is clearly not an appeal.

You could say this thread has no appeal
(10-06-2016, 07:07 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: because you're a Mechanic and you were granted the righteous duty of fixing everything by breaking into it first

This is the exact issue I have with the player in question.

Vuk. You are not the fixer of everything. If you want to be our maximum helpful (?) "I am the law" and "I am the one who fixes problems" man, BE THE CAPTAIN. If you don't get captain, don't be the Mechanic that breaks into everything. I know it's tempting, but part of your responsibility on the RP server is to NOT fall victim to that temptation, or at the very least, do it in an interesting way. Making a habit of raiding every area on the ship is not a playstyle that you should find acceptable. Nor is it a playstyle that I want to cooperate with. That is why you and I do not agree on things, and why I am honestly kind of happy that you have been forced to chill out away from the server for a bit.

If this were 2, I wouldn't give a shit. If this were 2, I'd say "whatever, he's the mechanic, he can go anywhere he wants because he rolled mechanic and that means HE GETS THAT ABILITY". But this is not 2 we're playing on. This is the motherfucking NSS Destiny. And for that reason, I show you no pity and instead derive personal schraudenfreude from this.

Also for fuck's sake stop typing like you've got a hamburger in your mouth we can imagine your voice being a little more accented if you JUST TYPE LIKE THE REST OF US
(10-06-2016, 11:51 AM)DreamCarver Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 07:07 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: because you're a Mechanic and you were granted the righteous duty of fixing everything by breaking into it first
If you want to be our maximum helpful (?) "I am the law" and "I am the one who fixes problems" man, BE THE CAPTAIN.
Please don't go captain.
You take this game way too seriously.