Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.17 Average
The Farkas house of text walls, ridicule and doomsday preppery
Heart 
Shift started rather nicely for a change, i did my job, repaired the station, then went adventuring with someone. He and i brough 3 full crates of loot, and vendor stuff (which i scanned as a "pirating" mechanic that i am). On delivering the last crate to my office for sorting, a clown intercepts me, and nabs my crate... i tell him to return it, to stop, but no it gets worse! Despite the many times i retrieved the crate from him without damaging him, he kept on doing it, becoming more agressive in ways he is taking the crate from me! Idk about you but when i have to wrangle a space bear to get that loot, and travel across the dangerous space i aint lettin a damn clown take my crate! Security as usual did nothing (did we even have security?). Aparently even cramming the crate into my office finnaly wasnt good enough soon i had at least 3 people litterally breaking the damn wall idk how and barging into my damn office (i mean WTF people? cant a guy sort out his medical loot in peace?!), well i yelled at them to GTFO which they did after checking my crates (maybe even looting a bit didnt have time to check), a cyborg rummaged arround until i told him to stop, and that those are my things... but clown had other ideas! He barges throu the wall opening and starts throwing crate contents arround like a damn water sprinkler, and i aint joking items were flying everywhere. Well time for screwdriver and glass i found in hallways that sure made him stop and run for his life (ironically took him ages to die), my goal was to send him into crit, or disable him somehow so i can repair the walls, and collect my stuff that been thrown all arround my office! Clown dies, we board the shuttle and... some ling or someone with morphing powers morphs into a green version of me, breaks glass in pilots cabin removes floor (which i guess would cause crew to suffocate without internals) so i chase him away and try to fix the hole... realising i cant, i decided to smack him good... but whoa that guy beat the crap outta me so i resorted to, yes, shards again... why no one bothered to stop him is beyond me, but i think detective shot him just before the round end (kinda too late there).

Another thing i fuckin hate how people accuse me for stealing! Sure i break into places to SCAN when no one bothers to open the doors, but i do not steal... i mean why the fuck steal when i can COPY, thats my job anyway. And as soon as someone sees me wearing anything not default gear like medigoggles, i get shitcurity on my neck! for fucks sake people what wrong with you, i copied them and made them i didnt steal them from medbay, hell i make them for doctors and crew if they ask me! I sometimes borrow a pod from cargo (they get stolen anyway) to buy stuff from off station vendors, and scan them (as well as other stuff i run across) and i return it (if i am lucky to even find it there in the first place)
I got acused today for breaking into kitchen which was without power, the moment i went in after i joined the server (i went in to scan and see WTH is wrong with it, turned out to be a breaker) fixed the chapel which had the same issue.

There are some people who think a roboticist shouldnt implant people, an engineer shouldnt use the engine (or do mining) that mechanic shouldnt scan anything, and i speak not just for myself but other people as well as my friend who got treated badly (they tortured us in brig for the lols no one gave a fuck all laughed as usual cause "shitcurity is always right"). Usually in medbay its some MD that constantly barges into whatever wing of medbay is working (especially robotics) to anoy the workers, usually under excuse they are "watching" (they can watch from behind the glass instead of being in the way of the surgeon or roboticist), in case of engineering sec usually barges in all paranoid will someone mass produce weapons (even stun weapons) ironically they are more worried about a stun gun than someone doing the wery common plasma + O2. In case of botany captain either order to mass produce canabis for smoking or bans it, even if medical and QM would benefit from it a lot... There needs to be a regulation against shitlers, who either derail crews work or litterally bans them from doing their jobs (most common case that my friend had was her ID taken cause she implanted people with eyes and limbs).

I aint saying i am a good guy, hell i am chaotic, i am nice if people are nice to me but piss me off and ya will get a beatdown! One of the most anoying things i have to deal with as a mechanic, is captains who wont let me borrow a pod if i ask nicely (and there usually are not enough materials to make one, and i dont know how to hack the civ pods) to get to the faint signal and buy the ghost eye, so we can see ghosts of the dead, which i think any captain and chaplain should have! And i am willing to do so from my own pocket (usually gambling machines are profitable enough) or MDs who kick me outta medbay, even if i need healing, cause they're afraid i might scan somethin (funny they cry when chemistry blows up, or someone steals all the scanners).

And to be honest there aint much else to do for a mechanic if mining aint doing anything (if it works usually higher ranking  mine a few materials for themselves, who gives a fuck about rest of the station), on rare ocasions mining does work they sell all ore, instead of distributing it to fabricators in mechanics and robotics where they are needed most.(i had situations where i seen ore going to apropriate places but that happens so rarely, it is sad). Good shifts without shitlers or shitcurity is indeed rare. I even got accused of breakin into EVA and shitcurity was on the way to stop me, when i was indeed breaking into EVA... to grab the fire extinguishing grenades cause shuttle was arriving and entire escape is blazing hell (someone did tthe plasma + O2 canister classic)

There is some weird ooc hate for some people, but definitely for professions, entire engineering, especially mining wouldnt have a single worker if station didnt depend on it, roboticists are rare, interestingly the most taken roles are the gimmick roles with no practical purpose! captains usually get hi and drunk in brig, with security, interestingly ignoring certain people who are known troublemakers (i am looking at you plasma+O2 griefers) and i mean real trouble makers like fighting, vandalism (usually breaking glass arround cryo, bar, botany and the mining glass which is in vacuum... making holes in floors or even breaking walls exposed to space) stealing, harassing etc (sometimes when i intervened i got the blame, even if i was preventing entire station from decompressing! i better not mention what hapened if i knocked out a thief, so the victim can get his stuff back). Medics healing criminals more than good guys, medical borgs injecting people and making them sick (most often i would get double the blood preasure cause of an idiotic medi-borg). Adventuring is discouraged unless its certain "pro" people, just refiling yer oxygen tank can cause a lot of heat! (case ya usually have to break into EVA)

I am all for fun and chaos, but the one in right way, not where every wrong fuckery ya can think of is happening, and where ya cant go adventuring when there is nothing left to be done within your job! (example security ignoring people with poisoned spears, and i mean quick kill poisons, while aresting adventurers for bringing back canabis and phasers, or aresting crew for having stun weapons)

And when i do go adventuring, they notice i am gone after half an hour and then they blame me for not doing anything... funny they dont bother to check the R-kit full of almoust every damn scanable thing in the game!
I can hardly understand any of this?
(10-05-2016, 09:47 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: Hate Clowns
forgot to write down a question, and i want a clear fuckin aswer! What to do when ya got an anoying imbecile (usually a clown or a grey) stealing your things, generally anoying you (constantly shoving, disarming, pushing etc) yelling to security "he is breaking into a room and stealing" when in reality i am fixing a door or fabricator (usually re-seting the wires and de-electrifying, or fixing the machine so it doesnt puke items or hacking the machine) or just turning the breakers back on...? and shitcurity usually without question or any RP comes tazing and aresting (in responce to imbeciles yelling)... This didnt happen just to me mind you seen other good folks who werent even in engineering department being treated worse, for fixing a mere breach and being blamed for causing it!
Usually sec doesnt give a shit, and those imbeciles wont stop until ya beat the crap outta them... in which case ya get adminhelped and seen as a "bad player"

Also acusations for "powergaming"! example i as a roboticist or mechanic make my own li'l lab to make roboburgers to make bots outta monkeys that roam the station (which get killed sooner or later anyway),some find it amusing some are wery pissed off by that...while its completely ok for lets say captain to barge into engineering craft and fabricate shitton of items, go into science make tons of pipebombs, go into botany make insane ammounts of drugs and butss , then barge into robotics to make an army of buttbots...and i aint joking the sheer ammount of items would cause lag...
The appeals subforum is for appeals, not huge rambles that have no actual appeal in them.  If you'd like to make an admin complaint, we have a subforum for that.  If you'd like to ask for input on your situation, ask in general discussion.  If you'd like to appeal (you should not try to appeal a 24h ban) you need to use the template.
*crushed by walls of text*

Also, as someone whose department(s) you usually raid, I just find it super ironic you have NO problem with breaking into places for items you need then beat or kill people for taking your stuff. I mean, you've stolen the detective's revolver and ammo before. I rarely get asked for minerals, so much as demanded. I imagine it's less outright theft and more just - dude, this is a social game. Play with others. Chat to people.

Do you not understand why vigilante-ing is wrong? That maybe you shouldn't kill the clown just because of your weed stash?

I think you need to work on your sense of awareness before you yell at people. You take things from other people, then beat others for grabbing things.

You even KILLED A CLOWN for no particular reason beyond 'might've messed with your weed stash'.
You don't seem to understand that the point of the roleplay server (LLJK RP 1) is to interact with others through roleplay, NOT to pissy about stuff.
Also, I don't know why you don't grasp why killing an officer and delimbing a clown of your own volition is a terrible idea. Do you not stop and think how your actions affect others?
First up, as the clown in question and with Haine's permission to post, you're probably not worth my time but figured why not:

I saw your crate was full of weed and not actually useful things, and lacking anything else to do thought it'd be fun to go mail it back to you one leaf at a time. You attacked me with a screwdriver after at most 30 seconds of my clowning around. You didn't call security, you didn't attempt to use any sort of non-lethal.

I let it go for a bit, then wandered past mechanics and saw it open and your weed stash there. My plan was to throw it around and do a security crisis alert to have them coming down to you in a lab covered in weed. I tossed literally three leaves by the time you got me out of there. You stabbed me a couple more times and shoved me out as I'd fallen over because clown feet. I wrote "DICK" with an arrow in crayon outside your lab. Because why not?

I went to get patched up - as bleeding isn't fun - then a few minutes later was going down to the end of the corridor to get a flashlight and saw other people busting in for your weed stash. I thought that was hilarious and went to roll a doobie. Got my doobie, left.

Came down later to get the flashlight that I'd forgotten to get earlier, you were in the corridor holding a fire extinguisher which you beaned me with. I tried to move past but being a clown tripped, and you smacked me with it again. They do a lot of stamina damage, so naturally every time you hit me with it I went down, or also my own feet caused me to slip. At one point during part of your "pelt the clown until dead" routine I stopped to PDA security. You beat me three times in that time.

I managed to make it to the bar, with you having been chasing me and doing constant brute damage along the way, I had disarm intent so blocked a few of your attacks but that doesn't work when stunned so most were going through.

Here, you decided to go for a glass shard that was laying around. I literally kept moving away from you yet you pursued me throwing one or the other, or beating/slashing me while I was down. My movement speed here was roughly snail-paced, because stamina damage, plus regular knockdowns, plus clown feet, plus bleeding out. I was in crit by the time I made it to the bridge and was heading for escape with the hope of someone saving me.

You continued to follow and stab me with the glass shard. I made it just past the bridge when an engineer saw you brutally attacking my bleeding out body and called you on it. A doctor came by and tried to patch me up, but failed because of the severity of the injuries. I died there, solely because of the damage you had dealt (I was full health prior to it). You did not just "get me to crit", you had been beating me for a good twenty to thirty seconds after that. I was death-gasping the whole time.

So yes. You murdered the clown for marginally inconveniencing you.

Second, you literally admitted to stealing the other day:

(10-04-2016, 05:49 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: i dont need to answer what happens to me after peeps find out i been there (example i been arested and beaten for nabbing the detectives gun, to hunt down a criminal, i had all acess when there was me and only one other guy online, and i suddenly get owerbloated punishments for that. Lucky me nanofabs can now make gloves, however they are still unacessible to mechanics (not to mention i would need to go mining first to get the materials). Also i loved a map we had some days ago where emchanic could acess90% of the station from the maints and scan most of the things without bothering much anyone, i had everything scanned in half an hour, and everyone was happy!
The_Rain*crushed by walls of text*

Also, as someone whose department(s) you usually raid, I just find it super ironic you have NO problem with breaking into places for items you need then beat or kill people for taking your stuff. I mean, you've stolen the detective's revolver and ammo before. I rarely get asked for minerals, so much as demanded. I imagine it's less outright theft and more just - dude, this is a social game. Play with others. Chat to people.

Do you not understand why vigilante-ing is wrong? That maybe you shouldn't kill the clown just because of your weed stash?

I think you need to work on your sense of awareness before you yell at people. You take things from other people, then beat others for grabbing things.

You even KILLED A CLOWN for no particular reason beyond 'might've messed with your weed stash'.

yes i took the revolver after no security did their jobs, i rarely actually nab somethin, but when i do i do it for a damn good reason! I dont constantly raid yer damn detectives office, i did it damn once!(just to open yer locker sec acess is needed which as a mechanic i dont have, ergo no damn reason to break into)
And things i take are things that are not used (like the said revolver back then), and what people to talk to when either the entire engineering wing is empty, those few that i can find in their offices are too deep in their work to notice even a fire burning behind their arses, and you know damn well the clawn fiasco lasted for long enough to piss anyone off. Clowns are suppoused to be funny not anoying!
Dint kill the clown for "might've messed with weed stash", but for sabotaging my work and taking my loot i spent ower an hour obtaining and sorting, repeatedly without any signs of stopping. I aint saying i am good-goodie twoshoes but i dont steal peoples clotnes they wear (like gloves) the crates they lug with them and being utter anoyance to people that are doing somethin.

(10-05-2016, 10:24 PM)Hokie Wrote: You don't seem to understand that the point of the roleplay server (LLJK RP 1) is to interact with others through roleplay, NOT to pissy about stuff.

Oh i do love a good RP but being a plain anoyance or a griefer or a thief aint RP, especially if yer not an antag... (seriously crowbaring tiles and smashing/stealing lights pisses me off takes a lot of time to check it all and fix it all)

(10-05-2016, 10:25 PM)The_Rain Wrote: Also, I don't know why you don't grasp why killing an officer and delimbing a clown of your own volition is a terrible idea. Do you not stop and think how your actions affect others?

oh i do grasp i did bad things but i fail to grasp why some of ya completely ignore certain peeps who deliberatly grief the station, or are plain harasing others, and then when some guy like me gets his fuse burnt and does somethin, he gets the blame, while the "poor delimbed clown" who harased him for half an hour gets a fuckin memmorial. And sec who sat on his arse the entire time, decides to "confiscate" my stuff suddenly, gets killed as a result (it was my error of having 2 lethal bullets in the revolver i mixed it with the stun ones when shooting the clown-drone which was undoing my work). Why the sec didnt stop the clown for harasing me for half an hour? or from raiding multiple departments? Yea i fucked up guilty as charge but dont pretend certain others are blameless.

(10-05-2016, 10:47 PM)Mordent Wrote: First up, as the clown in question and with Haine's permission to post, you're probably not worth my time but figured why not:

I saw your crate was full of weed and not actually useful things, and lacking anything else to do thought it'd be fun to go mail it back to you one leaf at a time. You attacked me with a screwdriver after at most 30 seconds of my clowning around. You didn't call security, you didn't attempt to use any sort of non-lethal.

I let it go for a bit, then wandered past mechanics and saw it open and your weed stash there. My plan was to throw it around and do a security crisis alert to have them coming down to you in a lab covered in weed. I tossed literally three leaves by the time you got me out of there. You stabbed me a couple more times and shoved me out as I'd fallen over because clown feet. I wrote "DICK" with an arrow in crayon outside your lab. Because why not?

I went to get patched up - as bleeding isn't fun - then a few minutes later was going down to the end of the corridor to get a flashlight and saw other people busting in for your weed stash. I thought that was hilarious and went to roll a doobie. Got my doobie, left.

Came down later to get the flashlight that I'd forgotten to get earlier, you were in the corridor holding a fire extinguisher which you beaned me with. I tried to move past but being a clown tripped, and you smacked me with it again. They do a lot of stamina damage, so naturally every time you hit me with it I went down, or also my own feet caused me to slip. At one point during part of your "pelt the clown until dead" routine I stopped to PDA security. You beat me three times in that time.

I managed to make it to the bar, with you having been chasing me and doing constant brute damage along the way, I had disarm intent so blocked a few of your attacks but that doesn't work when stunned so most were going through.

Here, you decided to go for a glass shard that was laying around. I literally kept moving away from you yet you pursued me throwing one or the other, or beating/slashing me while I was down. My movement speed here was roughly snail-paced, because stamina damage, plus regular knockdowns, plus clown feet, plus bleeding out. I was in crit by the time I made it to the bridge and was heading for escape with the hope of someone saving me.

You continued to follow and stab me with the glass shard. I made it just past the bridge when an engineer saw you brutally attacking my bleeding out body and called you on it. A doctor came by and tried to patch me up, but failed because of the severity of the injuries. I died there, solely because of the damage you had dealt (I was full health prior to it). You did not just "get me to crit", you had been beating me for a good twenty to thirty seconds after that. I was death-gasping the whole time.

So yes. You murdered the clown for marginally inconveniencing you.

Second, you literally admitted to stealing the other day:

(10-04-2016, 05:49 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: i dont need to answer what happens to me after peeps find out i been there (example i been arested and beaten for nabbing the detectives gun, to hunt down a criminal, i had all acess when there was me and only one other guy online, and i suddenly get owerbloated punishments for that. Lucky me nanofabs can now make gloves, however they are still unacessible to mechanics (not to mention i would need to go mining first to get the materials). Also i loved a map we had some days ago where emchanic could acess90% of the station from the maints and scan most of the things without bothering much anyone, i had everything scanned in half an hour, and everyone was happy!

somehow yer skipping the part before the screwdriver how many times ya took my crate? i chased ya up and down and across the the station, ya didnt toss a few leaves, floor was littered with them, also thats the LIFE WEED which is by the way the best canabis form for medicine specifically, and the chest also contained 2 medical locker contents among other things... Maybe ya shouldnt have been stealing my crate i worked hard for, maybe ya should have been clowning arround in the bar! I wanted to setup a lab and extract the medicine from the leaves, as well as drugs for crew to get hi since they so fuckin like that. Ya got any idea how rarely life weed is made and actually used for medicine (omnizine) ? i wanted to do somethin practical and impressive, and ya just had to fuck it up and piss me off, not to mention get people to break into my office to smoke the damn thing instead of using it for healing in emergencies! Also didnt a certain clown-miner feed gloves to entire crew and make them sick some time ago? funny how forcefeeding crew got owerlooked, and medbay wasnt happy at all having to treat all of the crew at once for same symptoms...
You need to learn how to format a wall of text, dude. Also to use grammar, its genuinely hard to read this stuff my dude.
Moved this thread to General, as it is clearly not an appeal.
(10-06-2016, 03:48 AM)BurntCornMuffin Wrote: Moved this thread to General, as it is clearly not an appeal.

Does this mean we get to point and laugh?
This is now an official ridicule and doomsday prep advice exchange thread. Have fun!
Vuk. Please. Stip for two minutes, take a deep, deep breath, and slowly exhale.

The point of a ban is to give you time to reflect on YOUR actions that led to a ban (and yes, to remove you from the game as pinishment).

Your reasoning in this thread seems to be: I'm against people stealing and griefing UNLESS IT'S ME doing it.

You complain about people stealing then immediately go on to talk about specific times that you have stolen. You complain about griefers, yet you beat the clown to death.

I play as mechanic quite often but have never had issues with being called a thief or for being in areas I don't have access to. The main reason: I communicate with others and ask for permission. If I don't get permission, I move on to something else.

This thread is an accurate representation of your play style and any interaction I've had with you. You seem to forget that there are actual people controlling the other characters around the ship. Things aren't always going to go your way.

PS: The clown is always annoying and that's what makes them funny. Befriend the clowns. They are silent heroes.