Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pocket Pets!
good pet rats also please. We already have Remy and presumably a more generic sprite(?) and I know a good few of us here have them (Wonkmin and me at least)
Sprites for Snails have been completed, save for in-hand. I've done sprites for Carpenter Bees, but these are simply recolored so if you want to do a more personalised sprite please go ahead. Hedgehog sprites are in progress.

As always, if anyone wants to make any sprites you are more than welcome to it.
I've taken the Tamagotchi idea and made a few modifications.

Introducing the PocketBuddy!
[Image: VAmapf5.png]
Features:
- The full emotional range of regular GuardBuddies (I kept the screen in the same place so that it can reuse the face sprites)
- It speaks to you from your bag or pocket!
- Two buttons for feeding and playing!
- Haven't interacted with it in a while? It'll beep at you to let you know it's still there and still cares!
- It reacts to things that you do! Having something to eat? It says "Bon appetit!" Holding something dangerous? "Be careful!" Dying? It asks passers-by for help! Dead? It mourns for you!
- It remembers your name, so if you do somehow get separated, it can tell people that you are its owner!
(09-23-2016, 03:12 PM)locusts Wrote: I've taken the Tamagotchi idea and made a few modifications.

Features:
- The full emotional range of regular GuardBuddies (I kept the screen in the same place so that it can reuse the face sprites)
- Haven't interacted with it in a while? It'll beep at you to let you know it's still there and still cares!
- It reacts to things that you do! Having something to eat? It says "Bon appetit!" Holding something dangerous? "Be careful!" Dying? It asks passers-by for help! Dead? It mourns for you!
- It remembers your name, so if you do somehow get separated, it can tell people that you are its owner!

I will literally buy this every round and save a pocket for it. Having a cute Pocketbuddy to vouch for you would be wonderful.

EDIT: Also, having it chirp up and say stuff depending on your circumstances could have a lot of potential fun if admins decided to write it up like a regular Guardbuddy. They could secretly add triggers for it to talk and say stuff, like going to Telesci locations.

inb4 it spits out solarium hints
Pet rock!!
Does it come in red?
(09-26-2016, 06:18 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Does it come in red?

So long as you have a can of red paint
There are certainly ways to get your pet rock splattered with red yes
Im in favor of this thing, its a non-robust thing to do on the station for times when you don't need to be robusting people/things.

Also; in regards to the pets themselves from the vending machine, there are times when I really wished I had access to a rock.
Cause in a futuristic space game, caving in somebodies head with a rock has extra style points.
Suggestion: Add these things to the gachapon machines that you get the crew action figures from. I feel it fits the mood of them more than a vending machine

Also I love the pocket buddies
(09-26-2016, 09:13 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Suggestion: Add these things to the gachapon machines that you get the crew action figures from. I feel it fits the mood of them more than a vending machine

Also I love the pocket buddies

Create an alternate gachapon-style machine that just spits out pets and has like, a cheetah/zebra print or something on it to denote "yes hello here is animals".
(09-23-2016, 03:29 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 03:12 PM)locusts Wrote: I've taken the Tamagotchi idea and made a few modifications.

Features:

I will literally buy this every round and save a pocket for it. Having a cute Pocketbuddy to vouch for you would be wonderful.

EDIT: Also, having it chirp up and say stuff depending on your circumstances could have a lot of potential fun if admins decided to write it up like a regular Guardbuddy. They could secretly add triggers for it to talk and say stuff, like going to Telesci locations.

Oh another idea for the pocket buddies: Give them some randomized personalities. Things like surly, melancholic, skittish, peppy, etc.

They still love you and would say basically the same things, they just will have a bit of flavor to their dialogue.
Perhaps the PocketBuddy could be a program for the PDA, or require a Cart in order to run the program.
(09-26-2016, 09:26 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 03:29 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:

Features:

Oh another idea for the pocket buddies: Give them some randomized personalities. Things like surly, melancholic, skittish, peppy, etc.

They still love you and would say basically the same things, they just will have a bit of flavor to their dialogue.

I like this. Perhaps it would flavor some of their standard texts (death, danger, crit, etc) and then shift up a pool of ambient things they might just kinda say, like the buddies' "I think I would like [x food item]" chats.

EDIT: Maybe the carts determine what personalities they have.
It might be an idea to suggest the pocket buddy thing in another thread now, as it is pretty different from the original suggestion of critters and such.