Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blob round suggestion
Now that 2 blobs spawn in blob rounds, it seems a lot of them go the wireblob route, which is great for the blob.  But I think it would make sense that blob tiles not connected to a nucleus take a slight amount of damage each tick.
(08-23-2016, 02:50 PM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: Now that 2 blobs spawn in blob rounds, it seems a lot of them go the wireblob route, which is great for the blob

What exactly is the wireblob route?
It's where they stay 1 tile wide to reach places quickly.
(08-23-2016, 04:21 PM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: It's where they stay 1 tile wide to reach places quickly.

Oh, I thought everyone did that.
It'd be an interesting nerf that we'd need to see in action. Personally, it sounds like it makes fighting super blobs actually possible, but could cripple small blobs either further if discovered earlier.
I've had a lot of trouble fighting blobs and part of that is because the fragments stay alive and can continue to spread (i think) or at least reconnect. Some limiting factor for them would be nice.

EDIT: Also I'm mad because the mining phasers are extremely slow/don't do enough damage that a blob can't spread right back into the same tile by that point, making them utterly worthless for killing a blob even if it's nucleus is visible RIGHT THERE because it'll regenerate the damage. Admittedly this distracts it, at least, but jeeeeeeeeez
Can this be be a general blob suggestion thread?

How about if the nucleus provided a buff for all nearby tiles, and was movable along blob lines.
Instead of having a ghost view, you just moved around as the nucleus within the blob, so having sections cut off would trap you.

Creating a new nucleus could drop another dead player within the blob with you having to split resources.
(08-23-2016, 07:30 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Can this be be a general blob suggestion thread?

How about if the nucleus provided a buff for all nearby tiles, and was movable along blob lines.
Instead of having a ghost view, you just moved around as the nucleus within the blob, so having sections cut off would trap you.

Creating a new nucleus could drop another dead player within the blob with you having to split resources.

that'd actually be quite nice
considering i've never seen the crew win against more than one nucleus, it kind of is a "fuck you hahaha" method since just defeating one is hard enough with the growth rate and attacks
Of course I've never seen the crew make flamethrowers mixed with radium, acids or poisons, but I feel like that would be an effective blob fighting tactic
i suggest that blobs not be allowed to build freely off of each other
blob splatoon
both blobs try to cover as much territory as possible, it takes sort of a tic tac toe/reversi slant
meanwhile the crew suffers from their intrusion, so certain areas may be more defensible/disruptive, but also more dangerous as the crew will try to purge the blob if they get in the way
(08-23-2016, 10:38 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Of course I've never seen the crew make flamethrowers mixed with radium, acids or poisons, but I feel like that would be an effective blob fighting tactic

While very effective it's hard to mix it up in large enough quantities to make a significant dent in the blob, and the moment you run out the blob will counterattack with a vengeance. Welding fuel might not be the best but it's practically unlimited and all you have to do is lug a fuel tank around.
remove dedicated blob rounds, make mixed rounds more common and increase blob spawnrate
I think dedicated blob rounds would be better if the two blobs were directly in competition.

Since everyone more or less unconsciously metas blob rounds anyway, just make it obvious, nuke-round style. Have the "macrocellular organism" announcement a few minutes in, have the shuttle autocall about 15-20 minutes in.

Whichever blob hits a certain tile limit first wins and the round ends, if the crew defeats the blobs they win and the round ends, if the shuttle arrives at Centcomm then no one wins.
(08-23-2016, 11:34 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: remove dedicated blob rounds, make mixed rounds more common and increase blob spawnrate

These things, please.