Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio and game chat filters
I had an idea in the shower this morning regarding making the game easier to read. 

Basically give the game chat a few tabs: 

1. An all inclusive chat that includes all actions and dialogue 
2.One that filters out everything that isn't dialogue 
3. One that filters out everything that isn't action
4. The key component to the idea: A whitelist chat that only displays dialogue and radio chat from selected players. Click on their names in the chat window to add or remove them from the white list

An alternative to removing other peoples chats would be make white listed players have a more prominent text or even a noise only you could hear whenever they say something new

Tabs 2 and 3 would be more for reference when looking for something specific in the history, but 4 would be more for having a focused conversation with certain people or not missing radio updates from them.
If it's added, AIs are gonna have a hard time with 4.
I've always wanted to filter out actions during those hellfoams with thermite, ldm, etc. that tend to bake my lapotatop. Recently somebody brown-noted on the shuttle and crashed my client. I laughed on that one hard enough for the neighbors to hear.

it is a duck emoticon
(08-09-2016, 07:57 PM)medsal15 Wrote: If it's added, AIs are gonna have a hard time with 4.

Either have a plus/minus icon next to names or make it a hotkey thing like alt+click