Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
I think we could use one of these.
I'll start:

How do I get a plunger out of a toilet?

Where does stuff go after a toilet has been flushed?

How do I pee into a glass?

Is birdwell-ing considered a positive or a negative thing?

How do I pick up a paper tray

How do I silence these damn lab monkeys?

How do I remove labels placed by the hand labeler?

Are there any other sources of 'green vomit' besides the 10 units you can scrape of the floor of that bathroom? (don't ask which bathroom)

Is there a way to edit a text document in DWAINE?

Is there a 'wait' or 'delay' command for the DWAINE shell?

Is there an escape character for the shell command 'echo'?
Q: How do I get a plunger out of a toilet?
A: I think toilet is currently broken as a functional container. When I used to play HoP a lot of the time I would shove a spare ID in the toilet just in-case it got stolen. Now items can be put in, but can't be taken out, tried as much as I have.

Q:How do I pee into a glass?
A: Drink enough units of liquid and then click the glass. If the message pops up "you can't think of anything to do with the glass" - then you haven't drank enough

Q:How do I pick up a paper tray
A: Drag the paper tray to you

Q:How do I silence these damn lab monkeys?
A: This I'm not too sure of, but I'm assuming it's either using a muzzle, or using a mute mutation on the monkeys

Q:How do I remove labels placed by the hand labeler?
A: Click the hand labeller and when it requests to enter the label, leave it blank. Then using the now "blank" labeller, click the labelled item, this will give you a message "you have removed the label" or something to that effect

Q:Are there any other sources of 'green vomit' besides the 10 units you can scrape of the floor of that bathroom? (don't ask which bathroom)
A: Slurry pod

The rest of the stuff I do not know because I do not use TermOS
(08-05-2016, 03:33 AM)Sundance Wrote: Q:How do I silence these damn lab monkeys?
A: This I'm not too sure of, but I'm assuming it's either using a muzzle, or using a mute mutation on the monkeys
Are there any muzzles on the station?
(08-05-2016, 03:33 AM)Sundance Wrote: The rest of the stuff I do not know because I do not use TermOS
Can ThinkDOS be made to do more advanced stuff then send/recieve messages? Without extensive MechComp backing?

Is there any large supply of blood available for making synthflesh? Using a needle to draw it is getting very tedious.
(08-05-2016, 04:44 AM)TheĀ GrimĀ Sleeper Wrote: Can ThinkDOS be made to do more advanced stuff then send/recieve messages? Without extensive MechComp backing?

Is there any large supply of blood available for making synthflesh? Using a needle to draw it is getting very tedious.

ThinkDOS can do all sorts of crazy shit with the various packet based programs.

Blood oranges can give you lots of blood.

Also you can just scoop up the massive amounts of blood that will inevitably cover the station.
(08-05-2016, 03:33 AM)Sundance Wrote: Q: How do I get a plunger out of a toilet?
A: I think toilet is currently broken as a functional container. When I used to play HoP a lot of the time I would shove a spare ID in the toilet just in-case it got stolen. Now items can be put in, but can't be taken out, tried as much as I have.
As the resident toilet man this is false. You can get things out, the toilet is basically a box. However if you click on it once the item is lost forever, its icon remaining as a visual bug.
Didn't the plunger used to remove things after they had been flushed? Cause if not that should be a thing. Also there should be a risk of the toilet backing up and getting water everywhere
(08-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Didn't the plunger used to remove things after they had been flushed? Cause if not that should be a thing. Also there should be a risk of the toilet backing up and getting water everywhere

This is a good idea.
Q: How do I make friends ? frown
(08-05-2016, 12:07 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: Q: How do I make friends ? frown

Hatch some bee eggs.
Items can be taken from the toilet by click-dragging it onto you.

Click-dragging paper is broken atm.

You can set people to arrest, call the shuttle and remotely open/close doors with ThinkDoS, if you know how.
(08-05-2016, 04:02 PM)Grek Wrote: You can set people to arrest, call the shuttle and remotely open/close doors with ThinkDoS, if you know how.
I do know how. I want more.
Q: Why don't you people use the damn disposal units??
(08-05-2016, 11:31 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 04:02 PM)Grek Wrote: You can set people to arrest, call the shuttle and remotely open/close doors with ThinkDoS, if you know how.
I do know how. I want more.
I'm pretty sure that you can also killswitch the AI with packets (not 100% sure about that), spoof deomatix packets, unlock sexure lockers, spoof the packets to activate the hemera nuke, and probably a lot more that I'm missing.

Oh yeah and I've got a question: Is it possible to spoof the packet for the shuttle on DWAINE (without using sigpal on ThinkDOS, just staying on DWAINE)?
(08-06-2016, 02:50 AM)DreamCarver Wrote: Q: Why don't you people use the damn disposal units??
Because there is a chance you will be crushered into a bloody mess.
(08-06-2016, 02:50 AM)DreamCarver Wrote: Q: Why don't you people use the damn disposal units??
(08-06-2016, 07:27 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: Because there is a chance you will be crushered into a bloody mess.
Also because people are lazy. It's a lot easier to just press 'home' once or twice then to walk up to a disposal chute, put some crap in there, open the disposal chute window and finally activate the chute. If it seems easy try to recall a situation where you were fighting of some space horror and a lag-spike.