Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rebalance Robotic Modules + tools
(07-17-2016, 01:02 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Would it be a bad idea to increase the health of all robot parts, especially limbs, to give borgs some more durability?

Yes, light cyborgs are supposed to be super easy peasy to bwoink with a toolbox imo.
(07-17-2016, 01:16 PM)ErikHanson Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 01:02 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Would it be a bad idea to increase the health of all robot parts, especially limbs, to give borgs some more durability?

Yes, light cyborgs are supposed to be super easy peasy to bwoink with a toolbox imo.

I somehow forgot that light cyborgs existed.

I guess my main concern is that heavy arms don't offer enough durability benefit to offset their extra weight.
(07-17-2016, 01:02 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-16-2016, 02:16 PM)misto Wrote:
(07-16-2016, 02:00 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: if it hasnt been suggested already or if the janitorborg doesn't have it, i think the janitor borg would benefit from having a sponge

janitor borg should have something that lets it be a mini buff-o-matic

Janitors modules are being merged with hydroponics and standard modules. I'll check to see if the new civilian module has a sponge. If not, I'll definitely be sure to give them one.

Would it be a bad idea to increase the health of all robot parts, especially limbs, to give borgs some more durability?
just make arms/legs more durable
arms are basically expendable imo, its legs that really need a little toughening.

if your arms blow off you still retain at least one usable slot, you can still do... most activities. if they pop you in the chest your head just falls on the floor, brain's still good. if they pop you in the head fair's fair, youre dead, but by god if they get your legs you enter a unique realm of misery
i think it'd be cool if we added some hidden modules and upgrades for borgs to the game like maybe in the debris field or the adventure zones just a suggestion.
artifact modules

all tour tools are replaced by random handheld artifacts
(07-19-2016, 02:00 PM)misto Wrote: artifact modules

all tour tools are replaced by random handheld artifacts

this is a neat idea although it might lead to tons of accidental law violations testing said artifacts (injecting people with poison, fireballs, etc.)

i do like Hidden Modules™ though as a concept
Gimmicky hidden modules would be fun. A sports one that has a football/basket ball launcher thing and an airhorn, for instance
(07-19-2016, 12:36 PM)BBEG Wrote: i think it'd be cool if we added some hidden modules and upgrades for borgs to the game like maybe in the debris field or the adventure zones just a suggestion.

i'd prefer not to have to go do more boring chores just to get something gimmicky or might not even be worth the trek 

just make it so you have to hack fabricators to get them

or what maxo said
no gimmicky modules.

upgrades yes

modules no.

It'd be a fucking PAIN IN THE ASS to get a gimmicky module only to realize you're now totally useless.
as long as your old module is still in the dock, you can swap your own modules as a borg. so getting a cruddy random artifact module loaded with bad random handheld artifacts wouldnt actually be that bad.

maybe artifact modules could even feed into a new function for artlab in researching, modifying, customizing such artifact modules with different stuff to try to create a useful combination

but, perhaps this is getting quite a bit ahead of ourselves. handheld artifacts themselves would need more variety in functions and abilities before it would be really interesting.

you know, since the omnitool and unilyzer and stuff are being coded up, maybe they themselves would make for nice handheld artifacts that could be found and used by humans.

as for artifact -upgrades- rather than artifact -modules-, we could look to rare items already ingame to try to copy into upgrade functionality.

traitor items that could be suitable to be well-hidden secret borg upgrades - voice changer, hologram disguiser, chameleon projector - will be nearly useless trinkets for borgs still under their laws, though, but could provide some mischief, especially if combined with emagging/relawing of borgs

being able to upload a voice changer type program to a corrupted ai would also be cool, because ais do a lot of typing anyways, so having voice changer functionality could open up an array of new tricks for them to entertain themselves with
Alright, I am now prepared to focus on this project again. Expect updates over the next few days.
Okay I was wrong.

I was very busy over the weekend and accomplished absolutely nothing.
(07-25-2016, 05:15 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Okay I was wrong.

I was very busy over the weekend and accomplished absolutely nothing.

We trusted you and you betrayed us how could you! (yes this is just a joke)
Announcement:

I FINALLY CODED THAT FUCKING MAGIC CRAYON, HALLELUJAH!

Not pushed to github yet, though.