Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to Security Officer 202?
Security is just red staff assistants that can stun you. Step it the fuck up guys and bring on the police state so i can actually have fun being a criminal already.
The big problem is that without an HoS around to give the order to use increased force, security kind of has their hands tied when it comes to the crew. The crew is actually more dangerous than traitors because you can deal with traitors without people thinking you're a dick but it is literally impossible to stop a run of the mill crew member from say making hundreds of guns and just handing them out to people. It really makes you frustrated when you arrest someone for doing the same dipshit thing to fuck with security over and over again when your biggest stick is a 5 minute brig sentence. Tldr:People don't deal with assholes out of fear of admin wrath and because of that security is a bunch of teddy bears with fun sticks to use on monkeys.
EDIT:IGNORE THIS POST APPARENTLY EVERYONE ELSE WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING AND ALREADY MADE A FORUM POST ON IT CARRY ON
If someone is fucking with security and they're not an antag, please adminhelp it and we will obliterate them or, if we're feeling generous, authorize a crackdown.
Is permabrigging still incredibly frowned upon?
(07-12-2016, 01:46 PM)MamuelMamington Wrote: Tldr:People don't deal with assholes out of fear of admin wrath and because of that security is a bunch of teddy bears with fun sticks to use on monkeys.
Us (the admins) have actually been trying to give security way more leeway with the way they do stuff. As in: if you're actually just trying to do your job and not griefing as a security officer we're not going to talk to you, much less give you a warning/ban you.

(Yes I know most of what a security officer's job is could be seen as grief but I mean just logging in and stunning > spacing people as grief, not annoying people with a stun baton and brig time)
(07-12-2016, 03:46 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Is permabrigging still incredibly frowned upon?

Yes.
(07-12-2016, 03:52 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 03:46 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Is permabrigging still incredibly frowned upon?

Yes.

I should've clarified that I meant as an alternative to execution.
I've sometimes taken problem prisoners (usually confirmed traitors I've given already given a second chance) out to space somewhere and left them as a middle ground between permabrigging and killing them.

I figure, it gives them the chance to come up with an daring escape. One guy convinced someone to pick him up at the derelict station in exchange for traitor gear.
(07-12-2016, 04:48 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've sometimes taken problem prisoners (usually confirmed traitors I've given already given a second chance) out to space somewhere and left them as a middle ground between permabrigging and killing them.

I figure, it gives them the chance to come up with an daring escape. One guy convinced someone to pick him up at the derelict station in exchange for traitor gear.

I don't get why permabrigging someone is frowned upon when exile to places like the ice moon is wholeheartedly encouraged.
(07-12-2016, 03:46 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Is permabrigging still incredibly frowned upon?

Only if you're doing it without good reason.
The answer is 'Yes, it's incredibly frowned upon' and the reason is 'I don't know'. It certainly has nothing to do with logic, because it basically makes jail pointless and jailbreaks relegated to gimmick jobs and trials that took to long.
(07-12-2016, 05:12 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 04:48 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've sometimes taken problem prisoners (usually confirmed traitors I've given already given a second chance) out to space somewhere and left them as a middle ground between permabrigging and killing them.

I don't get why permabrigging someone is frowned upon when exile to places like the ice moon is wholeheartedly encouraged.

I figure it's about what's fun. Being in a room with nothing to do is boring, while being somewhere where you get to fight monsters get loot and maybe escape is more interesting.

It's a shame people don't try to make their own fun in the brig more. During a nuke round I once got caught and brigged instead of being executed and took the time to write a prison memoir
(07-12-2016, 05:12 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

Because if you are just going to lock a person in a room all round antag or not is boring and not fun. Your better off just killing the person instead of forcing them to do nothing (I argue there is more they can do as a ghost then a person locked away in a room). Exiling them to a planet or space is better cause they have a chance of getting back and gives them something to do while they are being punished they might even find some super weapon and come back for extreme revenge.

Perma brigging a antag is more boring then just killing them in my opinion.

That being said if you have a good enough reason to perma brig someone then who am I to tell you "No you can't do that" cause you can. Who knows despite what I said and think something Funny, fun and awesome can come from it. Every seasoned Security player has their own way of doing things and that's fine as long as you are not breaking any rules in the process.
One time on devstation I was a permabrigged traitor and a secret door in the wall slid open in my cell. A clown was standing in the maintenence tunnel and put a finger to his lips to signal me to be quiet before walking away.
(07-12-2016, 03:52 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 03:46 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Is permabrigging still incredibly frowned upon?

Yes.

It's like being dead except less fun.