Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
remove dedicated blob rounds
as far as i know there are no more dedicated wizard rounds that end when the wizard dies

increase the likelihood of Mixed mode and increase chance of blob spawn in mixed. it's not very fun to have rounds that seemingly randomly end in like 10-20 minutes
If, for some reason, we absolutely HAVE to keep dedicated blob mode around, let's that at least three blobs spawn.

No more single blob rounds, Jesus Christ.

That's like a nuke round with only one syndicate.

Wireblobs are, of course, exempt from these requirements.
I thought it was forced to be two at one point. I remember playing both blobs on a server with only me.

To be blunt, barring extreme circumstances, two blobs working together should never die. They should roll over the station quite easily, in fact. Blobspeak has been around for a while, so I never understood why blobs went solo.
(06-28-2016, 04:00 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: To be blunt, barring extreme circumstances, two blobs working together should never die. They should roll over the station quite easily, in fact. Blobspeak has been around for a while, so I never understood why blobs went solo.

There are some very effective anti-blob tools that nobody ever seems to use.

Namely a lot of chemistry things besides pyrotechnics.
I think that after a blob died the round should switch to on-join antags. I don't know if it should only be traitors, or traitors, vampires, and changelings though.
'nobody ever seems to use' is the tagline there. While we're on the subject...

Unless the values have been changed:
Radium: 1
Sulphuric Acid: 1
Hydrochloric Acid: 1.2
Nitric Acid: 0.7
Acetic Acid: 0.2
Cyanide: 5
Fluorosulfuric Acid: 4
Polonium: 3
Sulfonal: 2
Toxin: 1
Neurotoxin: 1
Unstable Mutagen: 1
Sarin: 5

Volume matters. Regardless, it's generally best to lace flamethrowers with small amounts of toxins instead of just making a radium thrower. Also need to be really careful, as in the wrong or even right hands these can cause as much damage to people as blob.

Despite knowing all of this, I still say two blobs working together shouldn't die in a normal situation. Still, as with the opening tagline, '... so I never understood why blobs went solo'. Blobs don't work together, just like people don't use chems enough, so the point is probably moot.

My opinion on it? Tie the number of blobs to the number of people on the server. If that's already done, then it might need some tweaking.
Counterpoint: No one is going to learn how to play blob if we make it rarer. Most blob failures come from a lack of experience. Wireblobs are still plenty scary solo.
(06-28-2016, 05:18 PM)Grayshift Wrote: Counterpoint: No one is going to learn how to play blob if we make it rarer. Most blob failures come from a lack of experience. Wireblobs are still plenty scary solo.

but what i suggested shouldn't make it rarer in theory 

just make mixed more common and make blob more common in mixed mode as well
Does anyone even enjoy blobs?

I bet more people would want a Revolution or Spy round instead of blobs.
(06-29-2016, 07:34 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: Does anyone even enjoy blobs?

Blob-liker reporting in.
(06-29-2016, 07:34 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: I bet more people would want a Revolution or Spy round instead of blobs.

Rev/Spy-hater reporting in.
I hate rev but like spy (and also blob).
(06-29-2016, 08:52 AM)Wire Wrote: I hate rev but like spy (and also blob).

I feel pretty much the same way.

A competent blob is fun to fight, and spy rings allow for group gimmicks that no other mode allows.
The only thing I don't like about Blob is there's no way for them to communicate with/taunt the crew. I'd love for a mouth tile that can speak to the crew, and maybe bite them when attacking
This is even worse when someone new plays the blob and the round ends in like 3-5 minutes because they don't know what to do (even with the tutorial).