Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dimensional Shift spam click can strand you in another dimension
Posting this on behalf of someone without a forum account:

"I managed to break the Dimensional Shift genetic ability to the point that I was permanently shifted by rapidly spamming the button (I was a bit panicked)."

Not a very commonplace bug but there ya go. Might even be a feature. :V Don't abuse genetics powers!
Definitely a bug, but should be implemented as a proper feature.
(06-17-2016, 04:53 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Definitely a bug, but should be implemented as a proper feature.

I dunno, accidentally getting stuck forever in a void without warning when you probably have the power by either random chance or large amounts of Genetics-doing seems like a questionable feature.

Unless there is a warning and then they ignore it. Then fuck 'em. I just know it's very time-consuming to do Genetics and someone dooming themselves with an otherwise safe power seems Rude.
(06-18-2016, 03:28 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 04:53 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Definitely a bug, but should be implemented as a proper feature.

I dunno, accidentally getting stuck forever in a void without warning when you probably have the power by either random chance or large amounts of Genetics-doing seems like a questionable feature.

Unless there is a warning and then they ignore it. Then fuck 'em. I just know it's very time-consuming to do Genetics and someone dooming themselves with an otherwise safe power seems Rude.

It was originally intended to do some really scary stuff if the user stayed inside for too long, but that got scrapped for the amount of ~effort~ it would take to implement.

I would personally love to see people getting spooked by extra-dimensional beings.
(06-18-2016, 04:10 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(06-18-2016, 03:28 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:

It was originally intended to do some really scary stuff if the user stayed inside for too long, but that got scrapped for the amount of ~effort~ it would take to implement.

I would personally love to see people getting spooked by extra-dimensional beings.

Oh well spooky shit actually sounds pretty awesome. I don't know how BYOND works though, so timing mechanics might be rather difficult. What does it look like to be in Dimensional Shift, anyway, black void? 1 tile?
Actually, it's just like you're inside an invisible locker.