Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return of old maps
I played SS13 a few years ago and fondly remember Donut Station 2 and Mushroom Station. It's taking me some time to get used to Cogstation 2.

Is it possible that we could have updated versions of the old stations on rotation, rather than just one map at all times? Or at least bring back the old ones temporarily for old times' sake.

I suppose this is a silly request, but I figure there's no harm in asking.
It's funny you should say that actually...
Oh?
I know that there were some plans to resurrect Cog1 one but...

What are you planning, Gannets?
Gannets Wrote:It's funny you should say that actually...

vote_map_donut2 everyday
Mageziya Wrote:Oh?

From talks in IRC they have just started work on map rotation. Though they told me it would be ages before it was ready.
Ed Venture Wrote:
Mageziya Wrote:Oh?

From talks in IRC they have just started work on map rotation. Though they told me it would be ages before it was ready.

the system works! Half the duck, all the sass.
:smugdroid: Tobba, Marquesas and me have been programming nifty things in the last few weeks.
ErikHanson Wrote::smugdroid: Tobba, Marquesas and me have been programming nifty things in the last few weeks.

Let's see if people will scream at you to open source those things too. Smuggo
The codes actually mostly there, but a lot of the maps are missing.
If it wasn't a huge issue of server lag, a battle map with two smaller stations for a combat game mode might be neat. I think people have asked for a game mode like that before, but with multiple maps it could be a tiny bit more doable.

Also I think map rotation could increase the number of admin gimmicks, since you could just spawn the crew on some kind of death puzzle.
atomic1fire Wrote:If it wasn't a huge issue of server lag, a battle map with two smaller stations for a combat game mode might be neat. I think people have asked for a game mode like that before, but with multiple maps it could be a tiny bit more doable.

Also I think map rotation could increase the number of admin gimmicks, since you could just spawn the crew on some kind of death puzzle.
Those who survive the Death Maze get a prize, such as spawning with a robutt or one of the SBaHJ items.