Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More interesting synthlimbs
So this could mean botanists could do some horrible backyard surgery on themselves and get huge benefit due to regenerative abilities and also the presence of UV lights in their work place. That said UV lightbulbs are craftable in the a General Manufacturer
An alternative idea just popped into my head, since those super detailed ideas never seem to get implemented in the long run.

What if synthlimbs could be attached without the need for a staplegun? Draw backs to this would likely be something along the lines of massive damage. (Brute, toxin, or maybe both.)
Edit: Wow, I somehow failed to notice that Frank Stein suggested a similar idea earlier in the thread.
Easy attachment and having them burn away from fire sounds like decent balance to me for limbs.

I also like the idea of them regrowing under certain conditions

Something I'd love to see is organic borging. Grow a full set of synth body parts and put em together to make a plant man. Synthbrains would make AI drones that tend to the plants growing, player brains make weak borg like bodies beholden to some kind of peaceful green laws, like not harming living creatures.
Sundance Wrote:words

Regenerating synth limbs + matter eater reminds me of that scene from spongebob.

Frank_Stein Wrote:Something I'd love to see is organic borging. Grow a full set of synth body parts and put em together to make a plant man. Synthbrains would make AI drones that tend to the plants growing, player brains make weak borg like bodies beholden to some kind of peaceful green laws, like not harming living creatures.
This would be pretty cool and a nice way to do hobo-borging.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Easy attachment and having them burn away from fire sounds like decent balance to me for limbs.

I also like the idea of them regrowing under certain conditions

Something I'd love to see is organic borging. Grow a full set of synth body parts and put em together to make a plant man. Synthbrains would make AI drones that tend to the plants growing, player brains make weak borg like bodies beholden to some kind of peaceful green laws, like not harming living creatures.
I think this is a great idea, especially since synthbrains are kinda useless at the moment (since player brains contain their "consciousness", if I'm not mistaken).
Plus I think the idea of a traitor botanist lopping people's skulls open and replacing their brains with synth ones is somewhat funny. Bonus points if traitors botanists gets an item that allows them to "emag" synthpeople and replace their "peaceful green laws" with "if kudzu had a hivemind" laws.