Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Forklift Cargo Options
How about if you slap on an AI control interface onto any vehicle, the AI can deploy to it and drive it around anytime? As far as I can tell they're only used for making spare AI shells, which almost no one ever does, so giving them more uses would be cool.
I mean that would effectively be the same thing. The destruction bit is critical though, the AI driving a clown car is far too overpowered if it cannot be yanked out.
Maybe make it so that when the car crashes, the AI control board is destroyed?
Just have the control board count as a pilot? As in, you can just yank it off and the AI can't do squat about it.
Marquesas Wrote:I mean that would effectively be the same thing. The destruction bit is critical though, the AI driving a clown car is far too overpowered if it cannot be yanked out.
But surely it wouldn't be able to pull people in, as it has no hands? Just drive around crashing into people.
An AI Control Transponder or something would be great, especially if it doesn't prohibit other players from driving it when the AI isn't in control.
Dabir Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:I mean that would effectively be the same thing. The destruction bit is critical though, the AI driving a clown car is far too overpowered if it cannot be yanked out.
But surely it wouldn't be able to pull people in, as it has no hands? Just drive around crashing into people.

I mean technically it's driving a vehicle with - most likely - a steering wheel. I think we're way past the hands make sense point.

That sounds incredibly hilarious and ridiculous, actually.
It could just be hacking into the vehicle's electronics. Everything is way too computer-controlled in the presentfuture.
Dabir Wrote:It could just be hacking into the vehicle's electronics. Everything is way too computer-controlled in the presentfuture.
Hacking Forklift... I'm in
If you're able to slap it onto the clowncar then the slapper of the interface would be to blame if the ai wreaks havoc due to it. the ai can't slap on the interface by itself
Pipe. Segments. Nothing fancy. Just being able to stack them on a forklift like crates would be grand.

If we're worried about creating traffic blocks then maybe undeployed pipes could be breakable or crawlable. Heck. I don't even know why we can't pick them up. Aside from them being huge and whatnot.
I want to tie chainsaws to the forklift prongs and drive through crowds of people (and metal doors)
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:I want to tie chainsaws to the forklift prongs and drive through crowds of people (and metal doors)

The STP1L4-FH4N "Klaus" module.
Vitatroll Wrote:Pipe. Segments. Nothing fancy. Just being able to stack them on a forklift like crates would be grand.

If we're worried about creating traffic blocks then maybe undeployed pipes could be breakable or crawlable. Heck. I don't even know why we can't pick them up. Aside from them being huge and whatnot.
I like this idea. Especially the bit about pipes being crawlable.