Goonstation Forums
More Forklift Cargo Options - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: More Forklift Cargo Options (/showthread.php?tid=4800)

Pages: 1 2 3

More Forklift Cargo Options - Erev - 05-21-2015

While being able to move multiple crates is fairly useful from time to time there are a bunch of other things that could be moved around as well. Toss some pipe segments on a pallet and suddenly you've cut down on a lot of the pain of getting stuff to your worksite. Wrap up some large artifacts and take them over to sell at QM or study in the science bay. It could even be used to remove the 500 zoldorfs and other vending machines set up by the mechanic out of escape (perhaps while knocking them over to ensure that it isn't used to fill escape in the first place... or maybe not).

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Archenteron - 05-21-2015

Anything that makes Pipe Engineering less of a headache would be fantastic.

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Dr_Bee - 05-22-2015

allowing forklifts to pick up and move already deployed mechanics objects like nanomeds and fabricators would be handy to have. or maybe even have a forklift pick up a forklift, which in turn can be picked up by another forklift. because there is no OSHA in space.

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Frank_Stein - 05-22-2015

Dr_Bee Wrote:allowing forklifts to pick up and move already deployed mechanics objects like nanomeds and fabricators would be handy to have. or maybe even have a forklift pick up a forklift, which in turn can be picked up by another forklift. because there is no OSHA in space.
Speaking of no OSHA, we should have some ways to use it for hijinx. Have an option to manually secure the load after picking things up. More stuff being carried, less secured load. Take a sudden stop or turn, and you might drop something.

Hack the forklift to make it speedier, carry unsecured loads, and do sudden stops to launch them across the room.

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Sundance - 05-22-2015

allow the ai shell to operate the forklift.

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Conor12 - 05-22-2015

Sundance Wrote:allow the ai shell to operate the forklift.
It's a floating ball with an antenna aaaaaaaaaa

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Frank_Stein - 05-22-2015

I think it can, but borgs cannot

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Sundance - 05-22-2015

Conor12 Wrote:

yet it can operate a pod. *scream

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Marquesas - 05-23-2015

Sundance Wrote:
Conor12 Wrote:

Hello

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - DyssalC - 05-23-2015

Marquesas Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:
Conor12 Wrote:It's a floating ball with an antenna aaaaaaaaaa

Hello
Beautiful. Just beautiful. It's one thing to read it in the changelogs but another to watch it happen.

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Roomba - 05-23-2015

I don't really think what the AI needs is even less capability to meaningfully contribute to the game.

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Sundance - 05-23-2015

DyssalC Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:yet it can operate a pod. *scream

Hello
Beautiful. Just beautiful. It's one thing to read it in the changelogs but another to watch it happen.

So beautiful, that it's not in the changelogs. I'm presuming it was bad news, in that the AI shells could no longer operate a pod. Last minute revision perhaps?

I feel like the AI should be able to control anything electrical. Pods, forklifts, floorbuffers. I'd like someone to give me a concise reason to the contrary as I'm failing to see from a gameplay and a logic aspect (and a fun aspect) why the AI shouldn't.

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Erev - 05-23-2015

Sundance Wrote:So beautiful, that it's not in the changelogs. I'm presuming it was bad news, in that the AI shells could no longer operate a pod. Last minute revision perhaps?

I feel like the AI should be able to control anything electrical. Pods, forklifts, floorbuffers. I'd like someone to give me a concise reason to the contrary as I'm failing to see from a gameplay and a logic aspect (and a fun aspect) why the AI shouldn't.

I don't want to get too far sidetracked from forklift cargo in this thread (not that there's much debate about it for or against), but I do agree as a semi-frequent AI player that it would be nice to see the AI able to do more. Honestly, such a thing is probably worth its own thread both from the amount of ideas available AND the controversy involved.

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Erev - 05-23-2015

Sundance Wrote:So beautiful, that it's not in the changelogs. I'm presuming it was bad news, in that the AI shells could no longer operate a pod. Last minute revision perhaps?

I don't want to get too far sidetracked from forklift cargo in this thread (not that there's much debate about it for or against), but I do agree as a semi-frequent AI player that it would be nice to see the AI able to do more. Honestly, such a thing is probably worth its own thread both from the amount of ideas available AND the controversy involved.

Re: More Forklift Cargo Options - Marquesas - 05-23-2015

Hold on to your pants, I wasn't actually serious. The AI is a valuable podfighter.

On that note I'd agree to them being able to drive forklifts as well.

Maybe a specialized shell which can be planted into the control system of any vehicle, but can be broken by hitting the vehicle enough? (Pod, forklift, segway, clown car)