Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
I assume it's been fixed by now. Also, after running through the biodome, the silver key is indeed back.
Xeram Wrote:I recall while bumming around in a normal round once a normal dude managed to teleport to centcomm using some teleporter shenanigans and build a 2-way system back and forth. Dunno if it was fixed but I'm sure there's some form of trickery, be it that or otherwise, that can get you to centcomm so you don't have to coordinate it in the 60 seconds if round end, assuming minimal lag.
Sadly that's been fixed. Can you get to the teleporter stuff to Centcomm still? Yes. Can you walk on Centcomm before the round ends? No, because you will instagib.

Although you could still try it and simply wait until round-end if you want to avoid the potential chaos of the escape shuttle. Might be wise actually.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Geminorum and the long-range teleporter seem to have fallen rather flat, and I thought that it would cause a really huge buzz. Is there really absolutely nothing of value to be found there? Is it basically a WIP testbed that the admins threw at us to keep us busy?

Geminorum Spoilers: (not sure about the posting etiquette on this topic, but here's most of the info I could pull out of the place)

There's some mysterious inscription's there, along with a line of runes on the floor. It seems like it could be an area under construction, and requires you to go through the "nothing" there. It really reminds me of the Veil from Harry Potter, and the soul steel seems to add to that conclusion. Perhaps something to do with being dead/undead only being able to enter the area?

The inscription's both say: 'nij ud-bi-ta la-ba-jal-la: ki-sikil tur ur dam-ma-na-ka ce nu-ub-dur-re' with a pictogram. This is the pictogram: [Image: GvFA1Sm.png]

The rules say: 'KALU NURU'

I have no idea how to translate these, as they don't seem to be any recognizable language. The runes may possibly say 'out light', but that's just from Google translate :/

There is also the smashed robot, resembling a protectron from Fallout: New Vegas (Fred?!), which has the examine text "Why is there a single destroyed robot in here?"

There's also the question of why one wall is covered by space kudzu vines, which cover up a lot of rocks stacked on-top of each other, with the examine ext of "There might be something under there.". These are the only rocks in the entire cave with this examine text in the entire cave. Too bad I forgot my wire cutters, and I still don't have any idea of what to do with rocks with the "something under them" examine text.
the weird text is a Sumerian fart joke
UrsulaMejor Wrote:the weird text is a Sumerian fart joke
No seriously. It is.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:the weird text is a Sumerian fart joke
No seriously. It is.

Honestly, this being Gibbed, I never doubted him for a second.
Okay, so I found out stuff regarding my to-do list with some help from #sol and an admin:
  • - We're told that all of the keys Clandestine Positronics stole are back in their rightful places, though the Onyx Key might have been moved??? If someone is bold enough to venture into the hellpit to check, more power to you. (I might be willing to do this at some point, but don't count on it because I really hate Theta Outpost.)
    - The King in Yellow does not work on the Heavily Locked Door. Dang.
    - The Collar Key is supposedly back, with the same acquisition method, but will not spawn if not enough people joined at round-start- basically the admins said to stop cheesing the system. Good luck finding it now!
69andahalf Wrote:I still don't have any idea of what to do with rocks with the "something under them"
The one on ice moon too. This is either a really annoying herring or important.
salix_catus Wrote:
69andahalf Wrote:I still don't have any idea of what to do with rocks with the "something under them"
The one on ice moon too. This is either a really annoying herring or important.
Did you try a Power Pick?
Maybe use the shovel?
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Maybe use the shovel?

Pickaxe, shovel from biodome, slag shovel, pipe bomb. Nothing seemed to actually work although I don't believe we tried the pickaxe that spawns on the ice planet. I believe we even tried hitting the snow under it, but to no avail. I'd assume that you may have to either test it by going through the levels of mining equipment, or using a key/other special item on it.
69andahalf Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Maybe use the shovel?

Pickaxe, shovel from biodome, slag shovel, pipe bomb. Nothing seemed to actually work although I don't believe we tried the pickaxe that spawns on the ice planet. I believe we even tried hitting the snow under it, but to no avail. I'd assume that you may have to either test it by going through the levels of mining equipment, or using a key/other special item on it.

I think this may require a key or solarium item that is yet to exist, or exists but is not yet obtainable.
If you use a key on the inscription, it will disappear with the message, "The [key name] disappears suddenly as you bring it close to the inscription ... huh" I've used the futuristic key and the bee key on them, but nothing has come of it.
Eer.. Which inscription where?
Neddy Seagoon Wrote:I actually saw the FloorCluwne last night. I was fighting a guy in Genetics when suddenly the floor slid back between us and revealed His sinister presence. I backed the fuck away, but the other guy got nabbed. It wasn't even a gimmick admin round, the FloorCluwne just came out of nowhere and left immediately after claiming his victim. Absolutely riveting..

Oh and amidst the other guy beating me with my own skull, the collar key fell out of it v.

So the collar key is indeed back in. Now we know for certain! Not sure if he's exaggerating and neglecting to mention that his skull had been sawed open at some point, but it might be worth testing to see if just bashing the skull against something reveals the key... if you can actually find the right skull.
also apparently the Floor Cluwne is an actual thing now so watch out for that too I guess? unsmigghh