Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures and cameras
Being able to put a picture in front of an Ai camera so all it sees is the picture so the Ai is none the wiser when you're up to no good.
10/10 idea
3/10 grammar
cool idea, not sure how it would effect game play, I think it would make it horrendously overpowered but hey, I'll give anything a shot.
I don't see how sticking a static picture over a camera is meant to mimic a live video feed
Copying my post from the AI camera rework thread:

This could be too much work, but why not both?

"Default" is you cut the camera, create a 'static' mess. Presumably if you're cutting the camera you're trying to stop AI interaction in a busy spot, so it doesn't take too long for an AI to realise why they can't see an area anyway, you're just buying time. Or you want to hide a killzone, in which case...

...upload a video feed to the camera network. Have a 'video tape' item similar to the audio logs. It could be a traitor-specific item, or it could be found in a couple places around the station--security, legal office (for video dispositions), journalists might spawn with them, one in the gym for sports, part of a QM crate. You first have to connect it to the camera network and record video, maybe a maximum recording length of 5 minutes. Then connect it so it takes the place of the normal recording (with a subtle indicator on the camera?). It allows for more fun, plus lets a savvy AI think 'Hey, the captain's walked into the bar and shot himself five times now!'