Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum.
we talk about sex things on the irc with some regularity. This is okay because the irc is not the game.

Here on the forums, and on IRC, the primary rule is about respect for the community.

People who break the no bigotry rule do not have respect, and therefore they get booted.

Someone who posted ERP content here would not be being respectful, so they'd get booted.

But conversations ABOUT sex in a healthy, adult (or maybe puerile, in the case of some of the emotes) manner should never be excluded from conversation just because they are about sex. That's really fucking stupid, and as has been said before, the forums are not the game.

(That said, please get rid of the rape joke emotes. That's kinda fucked up.)
UrsulaMejor Wrote:we talk about sex things on the irc with some regularity. This is okay because the irc is not the game.

Here on the forums, and on IRC, the primary rule is about respect for the community.

People who break the no bigotry rule do not have respect, and therefore they get booted.

Someone who posted ERP content here would not be being respectful, so they'd get booted.

But conversations ABOUT sex in a healthy, adult (or maybe puerile, in the case of some of the emotes) manner should never be excluded from conversation just because they are about sex. That's really fucking stupid, and as has been said before, the forums are not the game.

(That said, please get rid of the rape joke emotes. That's kinda fucked up.)
Quote:Yes, I would greatly appreciate it if a Head Admin or whoever has the authority to make a decision on this would pop in and clarify.

He just did. He said that he hates all of us and we wishes us death.

I'm just going to raise the point that's been raised since the damn topic started:
"Wow I didn't even know that these existed"
Nobody bothered noticing or using them for the entire purpose as they're utterly useless when talking about the game, and you look a tad bit weird when using them.
Quote:So there was a brilliant solarium round there.. :gizz:

Like instead of removing shit here and there and basically forcing a bib on the community, how about not doing that, and realizing that we're adults and we know how to use our head about shit like this. The people that don't, are:
A) Probably not adults
or
B) Idiot manchildren
can we agree that the rape ones should be removed, at least? penis ones can be funny sometimes i guess but rape is never funny so uh
Ali0en Wrote:I never even knew these existed. You people are creepy.
The forums are arguably much more connected to the game than the IRC is. I'd wager that at most 50% of the people on IRC are playing the game at any given moment, and i'd say at most 50% of the chat isn't SS13 related. Taking a quick look at even the off-topic subforum here, there is a clear majority of SS13 related topics.

Sundance Wrote:
Quote:Yes, I would greatly appreciate it if a Head Admin or whoever has the authority to make a decision on this would pop in and clarify.

He just did. He said that he hates all of us and we wishes us death.

Wishing death upon us is sadly not an answer to the question that I asked in the quote.

Sundance Wrote:Like instead of removing shit here and there and basically forcing a bib on the community, how about not doing that, and realizing that we're adults and we know how to use our head about shit like this.

TRIGGER WARNING: REAL TALK

My intention is not to try and eliminate anything vaguely offensive in the game, I'm not advocating to make this Politically Correct Station 13 or whatever you're all making up in your headcanon. I quite honestly couldn't give half of a shit about creepy things on the server/forums, it doesn't bother me, but I understand how it could bother others. The only reason I'm doing this is because some select people get really defensive and personal when someone tells them their Sexual Things are going to be taken away on our No Sexual Things Server. The emotes are in violation of the server rules, and this being the server forums, where we discuss the server, it would not make sense to have one allowed in one place, but banned in another, when they serve the same purpose in both communities (Keep out creepy people).
i'm shocked this got to 50 posts
OMJ Wrote:i'm shocked this got to 50 posts

Just like the last thread!
APARTHEID Wrote:

And every thread that will be posted ad naseum until the whiners get their way.
KikiMofo Wrote:
APARTHEID Wrote:

And every thread that will be posted ad naseum until the whiners get their way.
You are one of those whiners. You're just whining to keep the buttfucking a goatse smilies.
KikiMofo Wrote:Can we have a study that finds out when all these really sensitive people started showing up here and or decided to start shoving their opinions on everyone here?
KikiMofo Wrote:And every thread that will be posted ad naseum until the whiners get their way.
KikiMofo Wrote:*imagine i just posted everything stupid you had to say in the other creepy thread*
Walrus Wrote:The only reason I'm doing this is because some select people get really defensive and personal when someone tells them their Sexual Things are going to be taken away on our No Sexual Things Server.
I am disappointed that I just had to weed through 12 pages of smileys because of the nocreepy rule's gray area.

What a fucking waste of 20 minutes.

Those smileys are from some big package downloaded from an SA thread somewhere, nobody ever actually used them except in this thread, and I pity the person who initially spent the time to go through the list and find all the moronic dong ones.

I get the whole double-standard kneejerk crusade you folks are on, but honestly, the bottom of the barrel has been scraped, and it is wearing through. The rule exists to prevent sexual or creepy BEHAVIOR.

Please don't make a 5-page whinefest thread every time you find something that could be used by a hypothetical someone somewhere to do something that some hypothetical weak lily could find vaguely offensive. Again, the rule is intended to address situations where one player is behaving in a creepy, bigoted, or sexual manner towards another player.

Next time, if it doesn't involve the creepy actions of another player towards you or someone else, just do us all a goddamn favor and Don't be a drama queen
I am the chef! Dracula is coming Here's to us! Mr. V gets roasted For Science!
[flash=]just another day on space station 13[/flash]
magic mountain Wrote:I hate all of you and everyone and everything and you should all die.

I'd like to quote this for emphasis.
Holy shit these threads suck.