Goonstation Forums
Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Bad threads / terrible or unusable ideas! (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Thread: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. (/showthread.php?tid=3682)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - Lantern - 12-02-2014

Over the past few months there has been a long discussion about what what is creepy, and this communities desire to keep that kind of stuff out. Especially things of an sexual nature. I mean, it's in our rules

Quote:Absolutely no sexual content

Sexual content of any type is completely inappropriate. This includes rape jokes, roleplaying sex, sexual harassment/assault or rape. If it involves genitals or sexual organs, it doesn't belong here.

There is absolutely no reason to use the word "rape" on our servers at all, regardless of context. This is neither negotiable nor up for debate.

With this said, i was looking through some of the the smilies that the forum offers and noticed a number of them that certainly fall into the category of the "No Sexual Content" part of the rules.

The smiles in question include: :gizz: :ccb: :flaccid: :gooncamp: :a2m: :flashfap:

Having these still around after the long debate that occurred over "what is creepy" seems a bit hypocritical, so I am thinking that at this point, they just need to be removed.

Re: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - Spy_Guy - 12-02-2014

I agree with this.

Re: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - mrbaconator - 12-02-2014

yes

Re: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - Haine - 12-02-2014

Agreed. They're never used here, and if they actually were, I think I'd find it questionable. They're fine on SA, but this community, despite coming from SA, does have a different tone to it regarding sexual things like those.

Re: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - Sam Guivene - 12-02-2014

I only just realized there are 12 pages of smilies, I will abuse them from now on... citizen slang bro citizen slang bro evil for evil's sake

Re: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - Dauntasa - 12-02-2014

leave the clown one

Re: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - rulib - 12-02-2014

This is excessively thought policey, this community takes sexophobia too far sometimes, our roots are in SA.

Re: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - Walrus - 12-02-2014

rulib Wrote:This is excessively thought policey, this community takes sexophobia too far sometimes, our roots are in SA.

I'm not entirely sure how removing something explicitly violating a rule that is taken seriously here is "thought policing". Did you read the OP or did you just see the thread title and decide to shitpost?

I read the OP and I think it's ridiculous that we have to be G-rated just because we don't allow ERP and its creepy variants.

rulib Wrote:I read the OP and I think it's ridiculous that we have to be G-rated just because we don't allow ERP and its creepy variants.

Why should the forums be exempt from that rule? If there's no sexual content allowed on the server, what possible use would it have on these forums that we use to discuss what happened on the server? They could only exist to bring in more shit we don't want around here.

I'm just not sure what bad consequences you are seeing from basically crude jokes. These are not really on the same continuum as the kind of creepy everyone worries about.

rulib Wrote:I'm just not sure what bad consequences you are seeing from basically crude jokes. These are not really on the same continuum as the kind of creepy everyone worries about.

:gizz: :ccb: :flaccid: :gooncamp: :a2m: :flashfap:

Quote:Absolutely no sexual content

Sexual content of any type is completely inappropriate. This includes rape jokes, roleplaying sex, sexual harassment/assault or rape. If it involves genitals or sexual organs, it doesn't belong here.

It seems like they are on the exact same continuum as the kind of creepy everyone worries about. Why should the forums be exempt from this rule?

Re: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - Huff H Law - 12-02-2014

Also remove these:
:huh: :fap: :newfap: :fh: :goatsecx: :awesome: :shlick:

:suicide:

Re: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - Ali0en - 12-02-2014

I never even knew these existed. You people are creepy.

Re: Remove the creepy/sexual smilies from the forum. - LinkDaWolf - 12-02-2014

ive honestly never seen these used, but yeah sure. there's no point in having them on the forum.