Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change instant strangle
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
OH NO STRANGLING GOT NERFED: Insta-strangling (hopefully) removed. Victim no longer instantly loses consciousness.

Guess it was fixed then reverted a long time ago.
Well I, for one, am all for re-reverting it.
I like the idea of a variable time for passing out - whether it's based on stamina, RNG, or something else.

In real life, a good chokehold will knock someone out extremely quickly, but I think it's pretty unreasonable that seemingly every member of the space station is trained in proper chokehold techniques.
jflan17 Wrote:... it's pretty unreasonable that seemingly every member of the space station is trained in proper chokehold techniques.

I don't know how long you've been playing this game, but this right here makes me think it hasn't been long enough if you think this. Those spacemen are scary, scary people. frown

Silencing a target is the entire reason for strangulation. It is also not 100% easy to strangle someone who has their wits about them even if you try to insta-choke them. Altering this would be fine, sure, if there were some small ability to fight off your attacker before you pass out that doesn't involve just mashing the movement keys. Probably the Disarm intent to wrench their arms off of you or shove you off of them. That's how I've seen it work on other servers in similar scenarios.
Disarm to break free, harm to headbutt them. Help to gently pat them on the back as they choke you.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Disarm to break free, harm to headbutt them. Help to gently pat them on the back as they choke you.
I like this
We can know block grabs now with Disarm.