Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicate Clown Item Ideas
Rainbow 
Enchanted Balloon Animal Set
Lead and plasma infused balloons enchanted by a wizard that assume the ability of its shape (snakes inject some poison, dogs are fast and deal melee damage, hats are helmets, swords actually cut).
None of these balloon animals are very strong, but the balloons are cheap and you get many per purchase.
Requires overhaul of balloon animal shapes in general.

Banana Suit
An ultra high syndicate-tech advanced hyper suit (shitty rubber costume) that causes everyone to slip who walks over you while you're prone on the floor, like you are a living banana peel.
Additionally, anyone attacking you with a melee weapon has a small chance to get disarmed due to their weapon slipping off the suits surface.
Uniquely, the suit offers weak resistances against everything that can be resisted against, from rads to heat to bullets etc.
Thanks to its cheap zipper that gets stuck all the time, it takes twice as long to remove.

Chattering Teeth
Devious robots that move randomly around if activated and charge any non-clown human to bite them.
The bites are very weak but cause slowdown to be annoying.
Additionally, the teeth are fairly damage resistant and hard to hit with projectiles due to their small size.
The teeth can hold hand-held bombs like grenades and instead of biting, will activate them near the nearest non-clown human.
Teeth will always die after detonating a harmful grenade and get deactivated by any emp.
Clowns can also deactivate them or remove their held grenade by clicking on them empty handed.
EMAGS cause them to speed up and vibrate, with a small chance to spontaneously explode.

Super Clown Accessories
A very cheap and huge crate filled to the brim with all sorts of NON-SYNDICATE clown accessories like cream pies, bike horns, as well as joke items that are otherwise difficult to obtain.
Ment for gimmicks rather than murder and sabotage.

Super Airhorn
Massive, koshmarine-infused and two-handed airhorn that creates an eldritch tune that causes everyone nearby but the wielder to briefly collapse, vomit and suffer clown-themed hallucinations for a short while.
Needs to recharge after every toot, which it does on its own.
Also a somewhat decent blunt weapon.
The opposite of stealthy.
I like threads like these, so I'll throw in some ideas of my own.  space bear

Spray Gun
It looks like an ordinary super soaker at first, but it basically functions like a buffed(longer range) spray bottle with no restrictions on what can be sprayed. It has to be pumped a few times by interacting with it in-hand before you can spray people, and comes loaded with lube by default. 
It can hold 150 units of liquid, and is of normal size. It could be called the "Syndicate Soaker" or something similar.

Jack In The Bomb
It can be primed much like a pipebomb in a mousetrap, then placed in a present, crate, or whatever else would usually set off one of those. When activated, it scares the victim and stuns them with a "boo!" sound, making them scream before creating a small explosion. It could also play laughing noises or "Pop Goes the Weasel" if that would be cooler. It has a small chance of scaring you, the clown, when it's being primed.
It'd be a small item so you can fit it in many different containers and get maximum usage out of it.

Scary Clown Mask
It's functionally identical to a normal clown mask, but creates a weird, "scary" honk noise and looks like one of the clowns out of Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Could be fun for more spooky clown gimmicks, or an evil clown which tries to be scary and winds up constantly making a fool of themselves in the process.
(8 hours ago)Solenoid Wrote: I like threads like these, so I'll throw in some ideas of my own.  space bear

Spray Gun
It looks like an ordinary super soaker at first, but it basically functions like a buffed(longer range) spray bottle with no restrictions on what can be sprayed. It has to be pumped a few times by interacting with it in-hand before you can spray people, and comes loaded with lube by default. 
It can hold 150 units of liquid, and is of normal size. It could be called the "Syndicate Soaker" or something similar.

Jack In The Bomb
It can be primed much like a pipebomb in a mousetrap, then placed in a present, crate, or whatever else would usually set off one of those. When activated, it scares the victim and stuns them with a "boo!" sound, making them scream before creating a small explosion. It could also play laughing noises or "Pop Goes the Weasel" if that would be cooler. It has a small chance of scaring you, the clown, when it's being primed.
It'd be a small item so you can fit it in many different containers and get maximum usage out of it.

Scary Clown Mask
It's functionally identical to a normal clown mask, but creates a weird, "scary" honk noise and looks like one of the clowns out of Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Could be fun for more spooky clown gimmicks, or an evil clown which tries to be scary and winds up constantly making a fool of themselves in the process.

Hell yeah, the more the merrier
Aesthetically, chattering teeth in general seem like a thing you could put -somewhere- in goonstation if not here, and the idea's pretty sound. The banana suit made me laugh out loud, and I really like the basic premise of the jack in the bomb. These are all kind of bangers. I feel like the banana suit should have some kind of "don't let water touch it" interaction but that's probably scope creep typing.
damnit where did I post the LOLbringer

edit:
Quote:Honkshot - the default, similar to the Lawbringer's "detain" mode. Deals stamina damage in an area, and makes a loud HONK sound.
Headshot - the counterpart to the Lawbringer's "clownshot". If it hits someone not wearing a head ID or a head uniform, it does nothing. If it does, it knocks them down and removes their hat, if one is present. The hit should make a suitably slapstick sound, not sure what.
Slipshot - The counterpart to the Lawbringer's "hotshot". Lubes tiles in a line in front of the one firing it, with an appropriate sound effect. Slide whistle perhaps?
Clownshot - Not the Lawbringer one. This one fires a projectile that knocks off the target's mask, if any, and puts a regular clown mask on them. Again, some appropriate sound effect would be needed for the impact.
Pie or Pieshot - Shoots a cream pie at the target, blinding them on hit.
Hose - The counterpart to the Lawbringer's "pulse". Shoots a jet of water that knocks the target back, wets the floor, and extinguishes fires. In this mode the LOLbringer looks like a flower.
Bouncy - Shoots a projectile that, on hit, puts some liquefied space rubber into the target. Instant comedy!
Joyshot or Buzzer - In terms of cost I'd consider this to be the equivalent of "bigshot". Shoots a bolt of lightning, causing BURN and enough stamina damage to be a one-hit stun on most targets.

If someone other than the LOLbringer says "I am the laugh" while holding it, they are instantly cluwned.