Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Rancher and Ghost Idea] Ghosts should able to chickens
Hello;
I have suggestion. When player become a ghost they should able to control chickens. I just discover to play Rancher. You can literally breed a Phoenix. Dead players should able to every kind of chicken + every upgraded chicken should have own ability and ghost players able to do harmless pranks with it. Growing chicken takes 25 minute im really bad at it. Round takes 35-40 minute to finish. So it could be really cool if chicken growing takes 2x more faster.
No...
You know why?

...A lot of reasons actually.

But the easiest one is how easy it is for a rancher and his "dead" buddy to cause grief by mass producing chickens and causing mayhem on the station.

I''d say spawning as a chicken is an a-okay. Cause now it's a life to cherish and if you die... you are back on the respawn timer like critters.
But just possess any chicken and control them? NO!
Ok, but what if you could electroplate dead chickens in soulsteel or hauntium?
(03-15-2023, 09:29 AM)RelentlessGarbage Wrote: Ok, but what if you could electroplate dead chickens in soulsteel or hauntium?

That's 100% fine.

Or soul steel material chickens are fine too.

Or ecto-plasma filled glass chickens.

Cause if you put EFFORT into making these chickens, I have NO objections to this happening.
Cause that EFFORT can be removed by security if it gets out of hand.
But with every chicken.. if one ghost keeps possessing and causing issues each round.. you can guess how out of hand it gets.
I don't have too much experience about the game. I played 5-6 round Rancher at different times. Other Ranchers doesn't even know about Ageinium. In discord Admin told me such a thing is exist. If i'm rancher i dont wanna ask scientists dude to make them for me tbh. Again it takes too much time to get 3rd generation chicken.
(03-22-2023, 08:43 AM)TheNoobOne Wrote: I don't have too much experience about the game. I played 5-6 round Rancher at different times. Other Ranchers doesn't even know about Ageinium. In discord Admin told me such a thing is exist. If i'm rancher i dont wanna ask scientists dude to make them for me tbh. Again it takes too much time to get 3rd generation chicken.

Agenium is a secret chem. So the chemistry section needs to know how to make it and you need to know how to apply it correctly to chickens.
Rancher on classic is much harder, but you could try raising a chicken on solo play and learn how to do it effectively.

OR go on RP where you got 90 mins insted of 60.

But if you say: "I don't wanna ask science to do chemistry"
That's too bad.. since that's one of the things in game. You gotta ask other players to help with your bigger and more complex projects.
LET ALONE THE FACT SCIENCE HAS A "CHEM REQUEST" CONSOLE NOW! (Though it's only base chemistry.. but if you learn the secret chem, you can make it)

Imagine if a meteor hits your ranch, breaching it. You gotta bother Engineering to fix it, but they won't know since they are mech-comping.

If you aren't going to communicate in this game.. you will not get far in a round.

And yes Ranching is tedious long and hard... but it's what it is.

One more thing:
You can also ask the bartender to help with this as they have their own chemistry dispenser. Maybe they can brew some too.
Also one more thing... The bartender has about the same chem acces as science
Preface, this is my opinion and im not Emily (the person who added/maintains chickens).
I think a way for a rancher to opt in and allow ghosts to play as a chicken could be cool. Some sort of single use item that sets it as ghost playable and polls the ghosts to see if they want to play. Then just override any previous antag status (you're a chicken, not an antag) so the chicken shouldn't be harming people or hunting antags.

Could maybe even have an antag rancher version that requires the chicken to protect the rancher like a mindhack.
(03-22-2023, 11:11 AM)Sord213 Wrote: Preface, this is my opinion and im not Emily (the person who added/maintains chickens).
I think a way for a rancher to opt in and allow ghosts to play as a chicken could be cool. Some sort of single use item that sets it as ghost playable and polls the ghosts to see if they want to play. Then just override any previous antag status (you're a chicken, not an antag) so the chicken shouldn't be harming people or hunting antags.

Could maybe even have an antag rancher version that requires the chicken to protect the rancher like a mindhack.

Still questionable in my book, but MUCH BETTER and limits possible chicken grieving.
(03-22-2023, 08:54 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 08:43 AM)TheNoobOne Wrote: I don't have too much experience about the game. I played 5-6 round Rancher at different times. Other Ranchers doesn't even know about Ageinium. In discord Admin told me such a thing is exist. If i'm rancher i dont wanna ask scientists dude to make them for me tbh. Again it takes too much time to get 3rd generation chicken.

Agenium is a secret chem. So the chemistry section needs to know how to make it and you need to know how to apply it correctly to chickens.
Rancher on classic is much harder, but you could try raising a chicken on solo play and learn how to do it effectively.

OR go on RP where you got 90 mins insted of 60.

But if you say: "I don't wanna ask science to do chemistry"
That's too bad.. since that's one of the things in game. You gotta ask other players to help with your bigger and more complex projects.
LET ALONE THE FACT SCIENCE HAS A "CHEM REQUEST" CONSOLE NOW! (Though it's only base chemistry.. but if you learn the secret chem, you can make it)

Imagine if a meteor hits your ranch, breaching it. You gotta bother Engineering to fix it, but they won't know since they are mech-comping.

If you aren't going to communicate in this game.. you will not get far in a round.

And yes Ranching is tedious long and hard... but it's what it is.

One more thing:
You can also ask the bartender to help with this as they have their own chemistry dispenser. Maybe they can brew some too.
Also one more thing... The bartender has about the same chem acces as science
As my experience if ranch zone hit by a meteor basicly im doing something else rather than rise chicken. People most like to have fun in the game they don't follow these things you mention especially antags.  Im be like "hey dude im rising chicken dont kill me" while half of station got destroyed  big grin big grin big grin
(03-22-2023, 11:11 AM)Sord213 Wrote: Preface, this is my opinion and im not Emily (the person who added/maintains chickens).

Judging from when a bunch of us got spawned as raptors ages ago this would probably require some code changes to chickens.  (We were moving and attacking independent of our actions)