Complaint instant ban my mexicat without even talking to me.
I was banned by mexicat instantly earlier today, without so much as a word spoken between us before I was banned. I feel it's pretty unprofessional to sentence people to multiple day long bans without even asking them their side of the situation first. It's not like I was intentionally greifing either.
[Image: mecBxWi.png]

This is everything you said over the course of an hour.

I dunno what else to tell you, you said about 10 things up until you very much had a bomb ready to go, and not very well signaled.
[Image: image.png]

here's another screenshot for posterity showing just how absolutely little you actually did for that entire round.

admins are not obligated to give you warning shots.
(03-13-2023, 04:19 PM)Cal Wrote: [Image: mecBxWi.png]

I dunno what else to tell you, you said about 10 things up until you very much had a bomb ready to go, and not very well signaled.

I've explained the situation fully in my ban appeal, which adds more context to the situation. I was planning on saying an entire script over the radio about how I was going to take the station hostage, but I was interrupted by security before I had a chance to paste it into the radio. I'll put the script I had planned here:

ALRIGHT CREW LISTEN UP! I HAVE TTV BOMBS AND A TTV SUICIDE VEST AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM! I AM RANSOMING THE STATION FOR 1,000,000 CREDITS, DELIVER THE MONEY TO THE CHAPEL WITHIN 15 MINUTES OR THE STATION GOES BOOM! IF MY DEMANDS ARE NOT MET, OR ANYONE TRIES ANYTHING FUNNY, I'LL BLOW THE BOMBS IMMEDIATELY!

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING ANYTHING TO STOP ME. THERE ARE MULTIPLE SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE IN CASE OF MY DEATH OR INCAPACITATION, THE BOMBS WILL AUTOMATICALLY DETONATE WITHOUT MY INTERVENTION.

NO MORE THAN 2 SECURITY MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE CHAPEL. IF ANY MORE SHOW UP I WILL BLOW THE BOMBS IMMEDIATELY!

IF I CATCH WIND OF ANY SECURITY PLANS TO TAKE ME OUT OR DISARM MY BOMBS I WILL DETONATE THEM IMMIDIATELY. BRING ME THE 1,000,000 CREDITS, IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO PREVENT THE BOMBINGS.

It was never my intention to blow up where I did and without a radio warning, I only did that because I got swarmed by security and they were shooting tasers at me after I told them to back off.

This is why I think its important to talk to the person before you ban them, so I could at least explain my side and my intentions behind the incident. The reason I hadn't spoken in an hour is because I spent that ENTIRE time cooking and planting TTV's around the station and getting the setup for it ready, and then security ambushed me before I could even get it started.
An attempt at roleplaying escalation counts, but waiting until you get caught with your pants down to hurriedly threaten to set off a bomb is not escalation through roleplay. It's sour grapes finding an excuse to blow a huge hole in the station.

This is the fourth or fifth thing you would have been "talked to" about regarding the roleplay rules, if that had happened. That's not really a requirement in the first place. You are not owed a talk before receiving a ban and not receiving one is not cause for a complaint. On top of that, it is past the point where you should have taken the time to thoroughly read the rules of your own volition and internalized concepts like "don't just look for excuses to blow giant holes in the station".

The complaints forum is not the place to litigate your bans like this.
(03-13-2023, 04:27 PM)Skye14 Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 04:19 PM)Cal Wrote: [Image: mecBxWi.png]

I've explained the situation fully in my ban appeal, which adds more context to the situation. I was planning on saying an entire script over the radio about how I was going to take the station hostage, but I was interrupted by security before I had a chance to paste it into the radio. I'll put the script I had planned here:

ALRIGHT CREW LISTEN UP! I HAVE TTV BOMBS AND A TTV SUICIDE VEST AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM! I AM RANSOMING THE STATION FOR 1,000,000 CREDITS, DELIVER THE MONEY TO THE CHAPEL WITHIN 15 MINUTES OR THE STATION GOES BOOM! IF MY DEMANDS ARE NOT MET, OR ANYONE TRIES ANYTHING FUNNY, I'LL BLOW THE BOMBS IMMEDIATELY!

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING ANYTHING TO STOP ME. THERE ARE MULTIPLE SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE IN CASE OF MY DEATH OR INCAPACITATION, THE BOMBS WILL AUTOMATICALLY DETONATE WITHOUT MY INTERVENTION.

NO MORE THAN 2 SECURITY MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE CHAPEL. IF ANY MORE SHOW UP I WILL BLOW THE BOMBS IMMEDIATELY!

IF I CATCH WIND OF ANY SECURITY PLANS TO TAKE ME OUT OR DISARM MY BOMBS I WILL DETONATE THEM IMMIDIATELY. BRING ME THE 1,000,000 CREDITS, IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO PREVENT THE BOMBINGS.

It was never my intention to blow up where I did and without a radio warning, I only did that because I got swarmed by security and they were shooting tasers at me after I told them to back off.

This is why I think its important to talk to the person before you ban them, so I could at least explain my side and my intentions behind the incident. The reason I hadn't spoken in an hour is because I spent that ENTIRE time cooking and planting TTV's around the station and getting the setup for it ready, and then security ambushed me before I could even get it started.

You can even see in the last message there as a ghost I was lamenting my failed ransoming plan.

(03-13-2023, 04:28 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: An attempt at roleplaying escalation counts, but waiting until you get caught with your pants down to hurriedly threaten to set off a bomb is not escalation through roleplay. It's sour grapes finding an excuse to blow a huge hole in the station.

This is the fourth or fifth thing you would have been "talked to" about regarding the roleplay rules, if that had happened. That's not really a requirement in the first place. You are not owed a talk before receiving a ban and not receiving one is not cause for a complaint. On top of that, it is past the point where you should have taken the time to thoroughly read the rules of your own volition and internalized concepts like "don't just look for excuses to blow giant holes in the station".

I'm not trying to litigate my ban here, I'm trying to provide feedback that maybe admins should talk to people before banning them. I have read the rules fully and I understand them, hence why I was planning a whole RP scenario and not just silently bombing the station. I only wish I hadve had the chance to explain myself before I was banned, as that may have contributed to the sentencing.
Okay well our counter feedback is that talking before issuing a ban is not a requirement and we are not considering making it one. Thank you for your idea.
(03-13-2023, 04:28 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: An attempt at roleplaying escalation counts, but waiting until you get caught with your pants down to hurriedly threaten to set off a bomb is not escalation through roleplay. It's sour grapes finding an excuse to blow a huge hole in the station.

I've read the rules many times, and I understand that antagonists exist to further roleplay, not suppress it. I find danger to be part of the fun, what gets a station together like a bomb threat onboard the station? I don't see why looking for legitimate reasons to bomb things in RP is bad, especially if you have a fun scenario planned.

(03-13-2023, 04:36 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: Okay well our counter feedback is that talking before issuing a ban is not a requirement and we are not considering making it one. Thank you for your idea.

Alright. I feel that issuing sentences like this without any discussion beforehand is unprofessional and doesn't contribute to the wellbeing of the server or player base, but if you guys are okay with not giving people fair trials I guess that's your imperative.
Your fair trial was the times you were talked to prior to this that you had to figure things out.

Logs were checked, their contents are even available and visible in this thread. What I'm seeing doesn't instill in me any sort of idea that banning you was premature or unwarranted. To the contrary I'm more unimpressed with the fact that you took to the complaints forum the first time you saw actual consequences for your poor roleplaying.

Please take the time to re-read the rules while you're away.
(03-13-2023, 04:48 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: Your fair trial was the times you were talked to prior to this that you had to figure things out.

Logs were checked, their contents are even available and visible in this thread. What I'm seeing doesn't instill in me any sort of idea that banning you was premature or unwarranted. To the contrary I'm more unimpressed with the fact that you took to the complaints forum the first time you saw actual consequences for your poor roleplaying.

If you don't mind, could you please explain to me how preparing an entire hostage scenario that took over an hour to get ready is poor roleplaying? Or how responding to a situation that security put me in is poor roleplaying? I only detonated the bomb after I told security to leave me alone and stay back, and even then I waited until after they tried to shoot me with their tasers to set it off. Isn't that completely in character for a bomber who got caught before he could set his plans in motion? I genuinely don't get how that would constitute "poor roleplaying" or non-escalation.

(03-13-2023, 05:13 PM)Skye14 Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 04:48 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: Your fair trial was the times you were talked to prior to this that you had to figure things out.

If you don't mind, could you please explain to me how preparing an entire hostage scenario that took over an hour to get ready is poor roleplaying? Or how responding to a situation that security put me in is poor roleplaying? I only detonated the bomb after I told security to leave me alone and stay back, and even then I waited until after they tried to shoot me with their tasers to set it off. Isn't that completely in character for a bomber who got caught before he could set his plans in motion? I genuinely don't get how that would constitute "poor roleplaying" or non-escalation.

To be clear, I had a whole plan ready to go! the only reason things went down as they did was because security came after me before I could even make any threats, and then I just organically responded to that situation.
(03-13-2023, 05:13 PM)Skye14 Wrote: [quote pid="191943" dateline="1678754912"]
If you don't mind, could you please explain to me how preparing an entire hostage scenario that took over an hour to get ready is poor roleplaying?

[/quote]

i'm gonna go play warframe or something instead actually

i wish you the best of luck with figuring this out

i actually had a big, multiple paragraph post explaining the nuances but then i noticed warframe sitting on my steam game list and i had to just kind of roll with it, you know? i'm sure you understand. it's the thought that counts after all
(03-13-2023, 05:31 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 05:13 PM)Skye14 Wrote: [quote pid="191943" dateline="1678754912"]
If you don't mind, could you please explain to me how preparing an entire hostage scenario that took over an hour to get ready is poor roleplaying?

i'm gonna go play warframe or something instead actually

i wish you the best of luck with figuring this out

i actually had a big, multiple paragraph post explaining the nuances but then i noticed warframe sitting on my steam game list and i had to just kind of roll with it, you know? i'm sure you understand. it's the thought that counts after all
[/quote]

Right, you're saying because just because I had an intention to do something but it didn't happen, that doesn't absolve me from the consequences of what actually happened. that's fair. But, and I am really genuinely asking this, how was the way I responded to security attempting to apprehend me poor roleplay or non-escalation? they saw the bomb on my back and they knew the stakes if they messed up trying to catch me, but they still tried, so I set it off. Isn't that escalation? If I had've just walked into the chapel and blew it up that would be a clear cut ban, but I feel like the situation as it happened was a fairly organic bit of RP. I'm not trying to be obtuse here and argue in bad faith, I really, genuinely think that what happened wasn't failRP. Since you guys seem to disagree I'll honor that and stop complaining about it, but I would genuinely appreciate a more detailed explanation of why the way I responded to the situation was against the rules. This is partly why I wanted to at least be spoken to by the admin that banned me before it happened, so that I could have a back and forth and get the feedback I need to improve my behavior and not get banned again. I've had talking-to's before, and I've improved my behavior based on feedback given. I find doing bomb threats and events to be fun, and I want others to enjoy it too, my intention isn't to ruin peoples days, its to create an interesting and tense situation.

Also this is getting off track of my original feedback which was just to talk to people before banning them, so I'd like to make it clear that I'm not trying to litigate a ban appeal in this forum, I know that's against the rules. Is there anywhere that this would be more appropriate to talk about than here?

Thanks for reading.
lol

(03-13-2023, 04:30 PM)Skye14 Wrote: I'm not trying to litigate my ban here, I'm trying to provide feedback that maybe admins should talk to people before banning them. I have read the rules fully and I understand them, hence why I was planning a whole RP scenario and not just silently bombing the station. I only wish I hadve had the chance to explain myself before I was banned, as that may have contributed to the sentencing.

this post amuses me to no end, because the feedback we provided to you was that maybe you should talk to people and interact with the other players during a round, rather than trying to just suddenly bomb them when your plans went sideways

but critically, you spent 60 minutes of a round interacting with basically nobody, not participating on the station at all. your entire logs for sixty minutes of gameplay are literally you sitting in toxins, doing nothing but setting up your bomb later

you seem to keep missing this point. if you want to just sit in toxins all day and cook bombs, do that on 1. you are expected to actually participate on the station on the RP server.
(03-13-2023, 05:57 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: lol

(03-13-2023, 04:30 PM)Skye14 Wrote: I'm not trying to litigate my ban here, I'm trying to provide feedback that maybe admins should talk to people before banning them. I have read the rules fully and I understand them, hence why I was planning a whole RP scenario and not just silently bombing the station. I only wish I hadve had the chance to explain myself before I was banned, as that may have contributed to the sentencing.

this post amuses me to no end, because the feedback we provided to you was that maybe you should talk to people and interact with the other players during a round, rather than trying to just suddenly bomb them when your plans went sideways

but critically, you spent 60 minutes of a round interacting with basically nobody, not participating on the station at all. your entire logs for sixty minutes of gameplay are literally you sitting in toxins, doing nothing but setting up your bomb later

you seem to keep missing this point. if you want to just sit in toxins all day and cook bombs, do that on 1. you are expected to actually participate on the station on the RP server.

I was going to participate in the RP with the station though! that's sorta my whole point with this situation. I wouldn't have spent 60 minutes sitting in toxins talking to no one if it didn't take that long to set up my scenario, which was going to have a lot of talking and radio RPing.

(03-13-2023, 06:03 PM)Skye14 Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 05:57 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: lol

I was going to participate in the RP with the station though! that's sorta my whole point with this situation. I wouldn't have spent 60 minutes sitting in toxins talking to no one if it didn't take that long to set up my scenario, which was going to have a lot of talking and radio RPing. Again, not sure this this is the right forum to talk about this at. Let me know if I should take this conversation somewhere else please. As for the reddit post, yeah I was kinda angry about the situation so I made a post. Proabably a little immature so I'm sorry for that, but I'm calmer now and I just want to move forward.
what you were going to do doesn't matter, because what matters is what you did do. get it through your head