Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yo looking for opinions about a goonhub redesign
specifically, what would people like to see on the goonhub.com home page? currently there's some handy things like recent rounds, server join links, etc. some of those things can stay, but what do you think would be most useful to see front and center? any particular stats? a graph or two? some more useful links somewhere? let me know!
a link to the wiki, the changelog, some new screenshots (how old is that one in the background?), the removal of the goon 2 button
Usefull links has the forums, discord, wiki and something awful tucked away a lil. Can be missable.
I recommend moving those above with Icons next to the names.

So Discord a Bee with a discord logo face.
Forums being a bee behind a computer.
Something Awful Bee behind a computer but scared with the text SA on the screen.
Goon Wiki a Bee wearing glasses, holding a roller and a book.

And maybe darker black blocks when selecting things on the left side.

Then maybe site links leading to every patch note that has been ever done.
The AI laws thing has been broken since the law rack change I believe, not sure if it's a website or code problem, can't find where it's meant to upload them.
Maybe inspector reports, since they're now displayed alongside tickets at round end.
a fart counter would be very cool!
Would be useful both on goonhub and from medass ]check commands to have what the next map on that server will be when the current round ends. Also, displaying the game changelog instead of the goonhub changelog would be more useful to people who aren't API devs (basically everyone).
(02-28-2023, 09:14 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Usefull links has the forums, discord, wiki and something awful tucked away a lil. Can be missable.

Something Awful Bee behind a computer but scared with the text SA on the screen.

I'm pretty sure Goonstation doesn't have any connections to SA anymore.
(03-08-2023, 12:01 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 09:14 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Usefull links has the forums, discord, wiki and something awful tucked away a lil. Can be missable.

I'm pretty sure Goonstation doesn't have any connections to SA anymore.

Then remove that link :P
I believe it would be quite useful if a round's gamemode was tracked and displayed on its summary page on GoonHub, alongside enhanced round searching options, such as filtering for server, map, gamemode, or how the round ended depending on the gamemode; normally, crew victory, Syndicate victory, revolution victory, and so forth.
It would also be greatly appreciated if any times displayed on GoonHub were localised to the time zone of the user.
ideas:
  • ai law changes / racks?
  • traitor objectives?
  • xp?
  • end of round rating (x%)
  • Maybe a death counter for the past 24-hours + other random stats (nukie win/loss etc)

better ideas:
  • inspector reports
  • helpful resources I can guide people towards, such as maps
  • there are a lot of retired maps in the map list - could move to a separate list or remove
  • Add podwars map
  • The search functionality in tickets/fines is great. However the search textbox is out of line with the desired search field box and the chevrons.
  • Just realized you can search for fine amounts but its not actually displayed or whether it was paid
  • A way to search what rounds characters have played in? (i.e. me) (/more detailed round search)
  • more bees
Would be great if there was the end round stats when checking a round, good to keep track of great scores since they only appear in the game currently
Live player count graph could be neat. Displayed alongside each server or something similar