Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
about new cloning changes
I have to agree also the puritan thing should go. It adds nothing other then a random rng punishment.
Well, the puritan thing takes people permanently out of the game (until respawn on RP). With respawn in RP and the short round times on classic, that's not bad. It deprives the station of a potential important position.
Can I just say I hate to the bottom of my soul becoming 'cloned human'. 

I don't want to be 'cloned human'. Its not fun. Losing my name is basically losing my character identity. I'd rather be gibbed then be 'cloned human'. I don't get how someone that looks souinds and is identical to me is not even recognizable as anything but 'cloned human'

Its prolly cause of how hard and long i had to wait to get the name I wanted IRL. Having my name stripped from me symbolically feels dehumanizing.
(12-02-2022, 10:41 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: Can I just say I hate to the bottom of my soul becoming 'cloned human'. 

I don't want to be 'cloned human'. Its not fun. Losing my name is basically losing my character identity. I'd rather be gibbed then be 'cloned human'. I don't get how someone that looks souinds and is identical to me is not even recognizable as anything but 'cloned human'

Its prolly cause of how hard and long i had to wait to get the name I wanted IRL. Having my name stripped from me symbolically feels dehumanizing.

It sucks, but it could be worst.. you could be accidentally cloned into another player. Now there is 2 of you. (Would be a funny glitch)

Heck some people need to be monkey cloned.. now they are "Blitzy the monkey" but those people had either no choice (rotting too long) or are puritans.

This here is just intrusive...If anything it should be programmed to be "Charater name?" due to the cloning glitch.
(11-28-2022, 09:43 AM)George_Manning Wrote: I think the dude the other day I helped  that spawned with legs with arms was a bit extreme, at least give him arms for legs too so it’s just a simple swap instead of bothering robotics for limbs

This is the perfect way to handle cloning problems though. Guy has legs instead of arms? Well time to move him over to robotics for new robo limbs.
Makes things more interesting.

Though having the cloner blow people up or puritan them on the first clone is extreme.
Yeah uh gotta say the one that makes you stun yourself every other fucking life loop is incredibly awful and honestly I genuinely would rather be gibbed than get that fucking piece of shit thing.
Also, don't make any drastic decisions about the cloning changes yet and instead wait for the crew to get used to how it works. They'll naturally start using it less and it'll less chaotic.
(12-06-2022, 03:46 PM)gleb09 Wrote: Also, don't make any drastic decisions about the cloning changes yet and instead wait for the crew to get used to how it works. They'll naturally start using it less and it'll less chaotic.

Cloning, Menders and Cryotubes are the backbone of Medbay and used mostly by good doctors.
In RP, you don't want to spend more then 5 mins in medbay for whatever... since that's RP situations you were invested in you can't RP with.

Cloning is the biggest CRUTCH next to Strange Reactant.

Nerfing either will make death mean more...
This is why death 1 should just be a "Shame on you" but Death 2 is "Shame on me"
ooo nice it makes sense so im happy to see this hope its implemented soon
I think the necroscan should make it so defects are less likely. I wouldn't mind making it rarer to compensate
(12-14-2022, 12:09 AM)mralexs Wrote: I think the necroscan should make it so defects are less likely. I wouldn't mind making it rarer to compensate

I think necroscan or upgrading the pod in any way would actually be a fun thing to do.

Wouldn't that fall under genetics to research it? Or engineering to make?

Eitherway I wouldn't be upset with this if there is a way to counteract it with upgrades
After playing with it for a bit id say tone back the defects on the first clone
(Hopefully) fixed people with Frail Constitution instantly dying upon leaving the cloning pod, due to brain damage. You might still have a dead organ or something though.

(12-06-2022, 10:30 AM)Mouse Wrote: Yeah uh gotta say the one that makes you stun yourself every other fucking life loop is incredibly awful and honestly I genuinely would rather be gibbed than get that fucking piece of shit thing.

Removed the funky limb mutation from the clumsy defect. Apparently that mutation just randomly stuns you with weird messages?? Not sure why it exists

(01-01-2023, 10:28 PM)NanoDano Wrote: After playing with it for a bit id say tone back the defects on the first clone

Considering skewing the number of defects towards the low end per clone- make it 33% for 0, 25% for 1, 16% for 2, etc (currently a uniform distribution over 0-3)
For the record if this was supposed to cut down on doctors letting people die instead of treating them so they could clone them it absolutely hasn't.
(01-08-2023, 07:23 AM)Mouse Wrote: For the record if this was supposed to cut down on doctors letting people die instead of treating them so they could clone them it absolutely hasn't.

The problem with a way to punish doctors for not doing their job correctly... makes players getting hurt punished.
Getting hurt is mostly a punishment for players messing up and medbay has to save them and fix them up.
But when they mess up... you die. They don't get hurt (mostly not), infact YOU GET HURT.

Of all the jobs where your mess up hurts other players. Bartender, chef and botany are less likely to have major impacts.
But medbay/robotics? You will most likely bleed to death.

So by punishing cloning, who really suffers? The person who died at the hands of doctors more likely then the doctors themselves... since if they try to fix their mistake.. guess who dies or take damage? YOU DO.

No matter how you look at it. Medbay is truely never punished for being wrong, cept the station is dieing out.

And if we start putting in penalties for doctors letting patients die on medbay, it will only encourage doctors to let them die outside of it rather then treating them.

There is no "Real" way to truely punish doctors for not doing their job correctly and getting punished for it... without putting the pressure on the player who needs medical treatment.

Remember if you do surgery you technically get PUNISHED by the blood coming from the patient onto your clothes, wich lowers your hygiene levels fast.
Only pathology when they messed up in the past... did it hurt medbay and forced them to fix it... but guess what? That damaged the whole station everytime.

Another suggestion you could say is if Medbay gets incentives to do their job correctly, but this behaviour might end up doctors purposely giving patients treatment that they don't need to get those incentives.. wich is kinda more realistic of some health care systems in the world and it's funny to see doctors then "push" their patients certain treatments just so they can get an objective done XD