Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
drsingh / delari memory archive
This is the drsingh / delari memory archive.

[Image: unknown.png]

Copying from our Discord announcement - 

Quote:Hi all. We're very sorry to be the bearers of some very tragic news, but we just learned earlier today that on September 5th, drsingh aka delari passed away.

Singh was a long-time administrator and friend of the Goonstation team, and contributed much to both the codebase and culture. The game and community as they are today would not exist without his contributions, time, and love.

We've set up a thread on the forums for you to share your memories of singh. Please feel free to use that space and Discord as well.

We will be hosting a digital memorial for singh at a later date. We will let you know the exact details when we finalize them.

As mentioned above, please feel free to use this space to share your memories of singh. Singh loved shitposting, but keep it respectful and don't be mean spirited please.
im gay
we'll miss you, bud

(09-26-2022, 10:41 AM)warcrimes Wrote: im gay
This sucks. I'll miss singh. Was always a friend to me in all the time I've been on goon.
don't know what to say. singh goes way back, a foundational figure in our codebase and community. a brilliant contributer and one of the kindest and warmest voices steering the admin/dev staff.
Sucks to hear such a thing happen. While I didn't know him I might as well pay my respects, thanks for the contributions Delari.
Stoat Box's Emotion this isnt legally a fert but it will have to do

RIP drsingh, you were a part of hellchannel culture

Quote:Dec 06 09:08:40 <drsingh> when the universe kicks you in the balls kick it right back
Singh was one of the kindest people I've ran into in this community. No matter who he dealt with, he was always compassionate and would see their side of the coin.

He was also a great coder and one of the cleverest people we had on the team, who could take the creaky old codebase and make it run like a well-oiled machine and was my biggest inspiration when I started coding for SS13 myself.

RIP Dr. Singh, you made the world a kinder place.
Man what a weird coincidence, my best friend also passed away on the fifth. Regardless condolences to everyone close to them, anyone who can put years into a community doing things on their own time to make it a better place is always admirable.
From my brief time knowing delari, he was remarkably pleasant and kind. It's more like months than years for me, but a loss is still felt.

(09-26-2022, 10:50 AM)Zamujasa Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 10:41 AM)warcrimes Wrote: im gay
Damn singh, this sucks. You were gay, you killed lag, and you always told people both those things. See you in the afterlife bar.
Never knew Singh that well, or interacted with them, but may they rest in peace.
Singh was one of the most empathetic people I've known, always willing to take someone's side and give them a chance when not many people were. They were also hilarious, and a classic #hellchannel shitposting veteran.
They also did a lot for the game, being one of the first few to 'remove lag' with their cooperative development of the process scheduler, and the disposing and qdel system that basically every server uses now. These are only a small amount of their contributions. This game wouldn't be the same as it is now without them.

Singh Trivia: This sign I just happened upon while driving is why they also went by the name MagicMountain
[Image: DDWs3lp.png]
I never really knew Singh very well on a personal level, had a few interactions with 'em and never got a negative feel though. But I know they were a hell of an influence for Goonstation and this place certainly wouldn't be even remotely what it is now without him and that's damn respectable.

Rest in peace space legend, may you live on in the stars.
didn't know him personally but from what i recall from my individual interactions with him he was a real standup guy, my heart goes out to his family during this time of loss