Head Of Security Application for Aspect1111
Thumbs Up 
Usual character name: Dimitri Petrov
BYOND username: Aspect1111
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Non Applicable

Recommended by (if applicable): referred in game and by a fellow on the fourms
Goon servers you play: goon 1 is my main but, sometimes i play goon 2 and goon 4

Reason for application:[b] I always wanted to be able to manage the security team and run it to its full potential, make hard decision's and give my input on all security matters. ive been playing for about a year and i thought id finally give it a shot.[/b]

Security experience (300 word minimum): ive been playing for about 8-9 months of security (security officer) i almost always take the tazer shotgun loadout  a greater domestic space-bee that's gunna cause some trouble , absolutely love it, one of the best parts is making friends on the security team and fighting along side your comrades (blob , nukies, revs, gangs, ect.)  and what i do in my spare time while i wait for a call other then patroling is sit and chat with the other security officers to get to know them some security officers or security assistants are great people wither it be them dragging you away to medbay so you can get healed/cloned or if there just nice and give you a compliment its also great when they help out with anti rev implants and bringing cuffs to arrest antags. i do consider myself quite robust even without a tazer or baton i learnt that using something like a chair or a rolling pin is best for fighting because of the wide attack range and it makes it way easier to hit someone when there moving (carrying plates also helps or building a light breaker) jumping off chairs or suplexing works as well. Normally when i play i radio backup before taking a call to somewhere like a Maintenance hallway or in a backroom you'd be surprised how quickly you can get sleepy penned or ling stung before you can even radio for help. When i see antags i normally give them a second chance or ask them to defect ( if its early on in the game) But if its late game 50-60 minutes in i would probably kill them just so the shuttles safer and we don't end up getting bombed. Normally if i catch a crimer doing something petty like hacking doors i sometimes brig depending on what they do and the severity of it like stealing the captains id might get them a 1m to 1m.50's brig, i like protecting sirstir from the Evil Crimers And WizNERDS!!. 

so yeah thanks for reading my Security experience. its a little dull  sad greater domestic space-bee

Answer two or more of the following:

• What advice would you give to other sec players? : if your unsure what to do ask your fellow officers for feed back on anything your doing. be nice to your Comrades lighten the mood and make the game more enjoyable. and if your a newer player wanting to play security don't be afraid to try im sure if you mess up by arresting the wrong guy or accidently tazing someone you won't get banned. (im adding this becuase ive seen alot of players get drawn away from playing security by fear of messing up and getting banned)

• What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) : One of the security officers went rouge (was mindslaved) so me and some buddys from cargo built zip guns and armor (i was the detective) and went hunting for the officer and what luck did we have by the time we went hunting the security officer was just cloned (without the implant) so for the rest of the game we just sat in my office talking.  PS : one of my buddys from that game  is actually making a HoS application : https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=19260    Go check it out!

• What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? : i'd like to see the game have an update where if you fall down you don't drop your gun/thing in your hand ect. it just makes it way to easy to get pushed down and get ganged up on by revs. i would also like to see a little handheld data system so you can check records quickly like the detnet goggles.

• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.  : When im on a full security team im normally out there responding to calls with or without a partner, when im alone on the security team i try to go around the station patrolling waiting to see if anyone needs help.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):  bee bee
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? : ive wanted to run a security team that basicly overlords the station and fines anyone who says Security is not the best department/ or have the security team work with traitors to benefit the station Hunt other antagonists or help kill the blob with there traitor tools (if its a mixed round) ect.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): One Ban for ban evasion, One ban for saying a banned word, and i think a 50 minute ban for saying a word i had no clue was banned. 

(sorry for rambling on about stuff in my security experience i know its rough around the edges but don't let that hold you back from reading it!)
This isn't feedback about how you play security, because I don't know how you play security. This is feedback about a round I experienced the other night with you.

I never interacted with you directly, I was in botany. I was aware we didn'tt have a HoS, I would have seen the highlight string when one joined but instead I saw your name with a HoS headset. After getting some information about how an officer suddenly became the HoS it seems you had asked to become the HoS during the round. I'm sure you're aware that a Captain or HoP cannot grant the same access that a HoS has, so you had to break into the HoS office and the locker in order to obtain the HoS gear.

I'm also aware for a portion of the round, you were the only security officer but that doesn't warrant asking to be HoS (and then breaking into the locker).

It's one thing if a HoS offers you a trial round, I experienced two myself. I think it's another thing if an officer asks the Captain to become the HoS and then break into that locker.

I'm not going to +1 or -1 this either, more just a neutral, but advertising your friends application on your own doesn't sit well either.
(07-17-2022, 09:07 PM)Shiiba Wrote: This isn't feedback about how you play security, because I don't know how you play security. This is feedback about a round I experienced the other night with you.

I never interacted with you directly, I was in botany. I was aware we didn'tt have a HoS, I would have seen the highlight string when one joined but instead I saw your name with a HoS headset. After getting some information about how an officer suddenly became the HoS it seems you had asked to become the HoS during the round. I'm sure you're aware that a Captain or HoP cannot grant the same access that a HoS has, so you had to break into the HoS office and the locker in order to obtain the HoS gear.

I'm also aware for a portion of the round, you were the only security officer but that doesn't warrant asking to be HoS (and then breaking into the locker).

It's one thing if a HoS offers you a trial round, I experienced two myself. I think it's another thing if an officer asks the Captain to become the HoS and then break into that locker.

I'm not going to +1 or -1 this either, more just a neutral, but advertising your friends application on your own doesn't sit well either.
hey thanks for the feedback, also id like to add i was not the only officer that shift there was another officer who i talked to beforehand along with Most of command. The Captain and the HoP + the other officer on duty endorsed it as lets say a "test run" for me being HoS just to see if i could handle it. along that round as i was Filling in as the HOS i dealt with a argument and a assault i believe i handled it Properly and everyone involved walked away satisfied.

as for me advertising a friends HoS application as i was writing my app i saw he posted his and thought it wouldn't hurt to give a link to his app. (hes also the guy from one of my Favourite security experiences)
Yeah, a massive red flag for even stealing the HoS Headset. A secoff should never break into the HoS office for any reason bar antags getting in there. Your test HoS round was just you being the only secoff. Nothing more, nothing less, although it was a good one. A majority of HoS's duty is leading and dealing with secoffs and sec assistants, sorting out complaints about them and making sure they don't step out of line. Also, the cap doesn't have the authority to appoint a HoS.
I've played security with him quite a bit, and he 's a good officer. He knows what he's doing, is friendly, and I've seen him helping out newer security players. +1
Been sitting on this one for a bit. I was there during the round that Shiiba was in, and from what I could tell it wasn't just the whole HoS locker incident that really puts a sour taste in my mouth. Overall, from your actions during that round I could tell and heard that a few different people weren't exactly thrilled with your actions during that round. My only advice would to just try and not be over-bearing, and spend some more time on security whilst keeping your nose clean. 

For these reasons, I'm giving this application a hard -1.
Hi. I know you remember my comment because I started playing HoS on Goon 2 this past week. You made a comment in game, "Those RP nerds ruined my application by giving me two -'s" to which I replied that I was one of those people who commented. You were silent and then said you'd prove to me you were a decent sec player.

Well, I'm back. I never gave you a +1 or -1. I said it was feedback. I late joined a round by 17 minutes only to find that you had once again used packets to hack into the HoS locker to get the egun (and weirdly take the boots even though you said you needed the egun [something you already have as a captain]) to deal with an antag. Then you proceeded to packet hack into the armory locker to get a req token for a full sec load out as well, again, to deal with *one* antag. Now I know it's classic and a lot of stuff on classic is different than RP, but I would hope as the Captain you wouldn't immediately resort to hacking into two different lockers to get extra gear ontop of what you had been given at the start of the round.

You should be able to work with what you're given, not give yourself an even greater upper hand. 

The thing that put me off the most was the fact that you were fine and willing to complain about the negative feedback you had received on your app, in game, to one of the people who had commented on your application. 

This does not make me think you are ready to be a HoS.

So my neutral feedback is now the -1 that you said I gave you.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to mixed community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!