HoS Application - Quentin Salami
+1 Really good officer and really enthusiastic to become HoS, He helped me guide through my first time playing Security officer he changed my mindset about sec entirely i thought they were just assholes that abuse their power all the time, atleast thats my experience with them... I think he will be a great HoS.
not really a fan, all these behavioural changes were after the fact that you applied for HoS

sure, you want to change your playstyle and help newsec for the better and thats an honorable thing

but i cant say for certain that your behaviour will maintain after becoming an HoS, right now everything feels it would become inconsistent

your playstyle feels more of someone that follows people, not lead them and while you do seem inclined to be with your fellows, you very rarely seem to take the charge for them

not to mention that i do have gripes with your past behaviours but ill give you the benefit of the doubt

but as of now, i wouldnt support you, not until you have some form of consistency
(07-13-2022, 08:48 AM)Nihisohel Wrote: not really a fan, all these behavioural changes were after the fact that you applied for HoS

sure, you want to change your playstyle and help newsec for the better and thats an honorable thing

but i cant say for certain that your behaviour will maintain after becoming an HoS, right now everything feels it would become inconsistent

your playstyle feels more of someone that follows people, not lead them and while you do seem inclined to be with your fellows, you very rarely seem to take the charge for them

not to mention that i do have gripes with your past behaviours but ill give you the benefit of the doubt

but as of now, i wouldnt support you, not until you have some form of consistency
It's fair. I understand your worries and if I will not get the big beret I will have all the time to show you some consistency (during this days I'm under exams so I cannot play as much as before but when they are over I'll go back to the station).

About the gripes I'm sorry if I made your experience with the game less enjoyable and if you wish feel free to send me a PM here or on discord to better talk about it so we can put a stone on it. This last part is for Chayot too feel free to PM me if you wish to talk about it
Originally I was just going to give you a flat +1 since what I've SEEN from you is qualities that I don't see from other officers often that being the willingness to teach and take your precious time to better other people's experiences BUT as I read over your application which is fine and all and reading your rather positive reviews on you It has come to my attention that some of the concerns that come with you are in my eyes at least valid after I take a proper second to think for a bit.

My intention here is to not bandwagoning here with a sudden "oh -1! BAD BAD!" No, I'm saying this purely to help you understand where I have concerns.  I think you are a good officer don't get me wrong but I do agree with Nile where he is saying there is a sudden SPIKE in inconsistency with behavior that's really good yes it's very sudden but good none the less but who it to say it will stay IF you get the beret hell even I am guilty of this one where I went through a sudden teach spree but the second I got Hos I kinda dropped that I'm still 100% willing to teach is just A. I don't often see new people and B. I'm way too busy to actually do that. But that's beside the point.

I want to let you know that I'm mostly concerned with Nile's post as to me knowing him he has the best eye for things like this and shills opinion on this is also very important with this, to me specifically. So while you did correct your behavior which surprisingly is not a quality I see often its nice to see and im pretty sure you can grow too as a person given time.

As for right now, I'm giving you a 0.5 FROM WHAT IVE SEEN you have been pretty positive in my eyes BUT ONLY FROM MY VIEW. BUT with taking in the people who I know are trustworthy enough NOT BECAUSE I'M FRIENDS WITH THEM again Nile's opinion to me with how he views people and shill Chayot's opinion for more of the same Is what warrants my concerns since they see things I don't see and they have 0 reasons to lie especially here. so in the end 0.5
(07-18-2022, 07:57 AM)Santa Shy Wrote: Originally I was just going to give you a flat +1 since what I've SEEN from you is qualities that I don't see from other officers often that being the willingness to teach and take your precious time to better other people's experiences BUT as I read over your application which is fine and all and reading your rather positive reviews on you It has come to my attention that some of the concerns that come with you are in my eyes at least valid after I take a proper second to think for a bit.

My intention here is to not bandwagoning here with a sudden "oh -1! BAD BAD!" No, I'm saying this purely to help you understand where I have concerns.  I think you are a good officer don't get me wrong but I do agree with Nile where he is saying there is a sudden SPIKE in inconsistency with behavior that's really good yes it's very sudden but good none the less but who it to say it will stay IF you get the beret hell even I am guilty of this one where I went through a sudden teach spree but the second I got Hos I kinda dropped that I'm still 100% willing to teach is just A. I don't often see new people and B. I'm way too busy to actually do that. But that's beside the point.

I want to let you know that I'm mostly concerned with Nile's post as to me knowing him he has the best eye for things like this and shills opinion on this is also very important with this, to me specifically. So while you did correct your behavior which surprisingly is not a quality I see often its nice to see and im pretty sure you can grow too as a person given time.

As for right now, I'm giving you a 0.5 FROM WHAT IVE SEEN you have been pretty positive in my eyes BUT ONLY FROM MY VIEW. BUT with taking in the people who I know are trustworthy enough NOT BECAUSE I'M FRIENDS WITH THEM again Nile's opinion to me with how he views people and shill Chayot's opinion for more of the same Is what warrants my concerns since they see things I don't see and they have 0 reasons to lie especially here. so in the end 0.5

Hi Garion, thank you for comment and the extensive explanation. I get your doubts and I would have them too if I was reading a thread like this probably. As you sayed because there is no need to lie here and reading those comments from experienced players would make me question it too. It's also 100% true that I haven't always played like this the security and so a spike is seen (accentuated by the fact that the month before applying for hos I played a lot of other roles and not sec specifically because I was intrigued by them). That does not mean that I'll stop playing good once I have the beret but I get that sounds like a big red flag and you cannot be sure I'll keep doing a good job. So if you does not feel confident with giving a +1 it's ok

Do not worry, I totally get your concerns and even if I hope to get the beret this time I'll be willing to wait 60 more days to try again and show some consistency and a change in my behaviours.
Thank you again for your comment and I hope to see you on the station in the next weeks.
Neutral. You definitely seem friendly enough as security, but I just haven't seen a whole lot from you in terms of security ability such as brigging and leadership/managing comms. Unfortunately we tend to play at different times and I would like to see more, but that's from what I've seen from the times we've played
Had Quentin run a shift for me and do basically everything, he knows how to run a shift and his decisions are what I'd expect from an HoS. I personally helped him iron out some of the issues he may have had and showed him how to do them properly and I can honestly say I'd give him a shot at it he didn't disappoint me.

+1
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to mixed community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!