Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP Gimmicks! What do you like to play?
Aah role play gimmicks the spices of life. They make the role play server much more diverse in interactions. While not every gimmick as succesful as the other.
They always bring something fun to the table. So let's discuss some of your own personal roleplay gimmicks.

1st things 1st some rules:

-A RP Gimmick doesn't have to be antag only. You can still have a gimmick as a botanist.
-Common Gimmicks such a Lube clown or weed botanist are excluded. Infact that makes them a non gimmick.
-Gimmicks can be re-used so if you run the gimmick multiplue shifts it's fine to mention.
-Your gimmick should be fun for others. If your gimmick is only to annoy other players do not post it.

With that said.. here's an example gimmick of mine I use from time to time, but mostly I use in Cogmap 2.

"Chaplain of the Godfather"

A chaplain who believes the Godfather.. means.. the father of all gods. They have seen the movies, they got the suit. (Found in the secret hideaway in the chapel)
They preach for the godfather, the offer you cannot refuse, that accidents might happen if you do not pray, italian cuisine and more.
While abit aggresive in their preaching, they do not go out and "whack" players. (unless antagonist)
This gimmick has been Admeme'd a few times.

Now what is your favorite RP Gimmick to run in RP servers?
My favorite gimmick as a botanist is brewing plants into drinks with the chemaster, then serving them in a minibar.
I have done this gimmick a many times usually on goon 3, So If you played on there you would probably see me give out drinks.
I must admit, the Staff Assistant / Journalist investigating some small cases is something very cool. Like, they dont actually security stuff, or even arrest the criminal but they just give good intel, like photo evidence or some audio logs, and dont step on sec team foots.

I also like the Mortician gimmick, or the dead body expert, who stay in medbay and morgue and makes autospy of the body, then send it to Security. Security sometimes dont check on dead body.
(05-16-2022, 11:49 AM)Delta_Dav Wrote: I must admit, the Staff Assistant / Journalist investigating some small cases is something very cool. Like, they dont actually security stuff, or even arrest the criminal but they just give good intel, like photo evidence or some audio logs, and dont step on sec team foots.

I also like the Mortician gimmick, or the dead body expert, who stay in medbay and morgue and makes autospy of the body, then send it to Security. Security sometimes dont check on dead body.

I love these sub gimmicks.
Mortician is an actual job technically for Doctors or chaplains. Heck it's even the job of the robotcist too if they want.
I don't see this enough... since Security/Det aren't suppose to do this job. 
They aren't suppose to cut open the body, minimally strip the body for evidence, but mostly morticians do this.

Delta you are one cool guy doing this smile Since it shouldn't be a gimmick but a basic job someone should do.

Though I don't know cutting open a body could reveal how they exactly died yet. Probaly need a tutorial on examining body parts.
(05-16-2022, 04:32 PM)Kotlol Wrote: I love these sub gimmicks.
Mortician is an actual job technically for Doctors or chaplains. Heck it's even the job of the robotcist too if they want.
I don't see this enough... since Security/Det aren't suppose to do this job. 
They aren't suppose to cut open the body, minimally strip the body for evidence, but mostly morticians do this.

Delta you are one cool guy doing this smile Since it shouldn't be a gimmick but a basic job someone should do.

Though I don't know cutting open a body could reveal how they exactly died yet. Probaly need a tutorial on examining body parts.

Actually, its not exact. When I make a autopsy (as Ideo Hartman when Det/Security Officer or Mortician/Medical Expert), I always check those things : where was the body found, who found it, the prints on the body, the state of the body (rot, wounds), the substance they have in and the damage they got (Brute, Burn, Tox, Oxy). 

Then I make a theory on what happend. If Ideo is a Det/Investigator, he will check the crime scene or where we found the body (The doors prints). If not,  he call a Sec Officer and a Det and  give the Data, so they can investigate futher. 
This tecnique is not perfect, because Ideo can get wrong or be fooled (AHEM AHEM piffany AHEM), but Its still better than nothing. And beside if it was perfect, It would be no fun for antags. smile

And because its not enough for a Gimmick, he gives Paper report, and make two copys of it. 1 for Med team, And one for Sec team.
... And Ideo also do Paper report of crimes cases when he is a Det or Sec Officer.
Its more of a schtick then an gimmick but Piffany is a devout transhumanist and will place silicons and their rights and treatment above anyone or anything. Arguing or fighting or anguish over it is always fantastic for me.

My 'gimmick' is that she is a complete child of space colonies. She has almost no knowledge or understanding of anything about earth other then specific science, medical, and engineering history. Whintey one time had to explain to her how many countries there where once, and rosie once explained what plants are and biodiversity. Playing someone without knowledge of common things we take for granted is really fun and I enjoy the interactions being an outsider causes.