Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chem Suggestions and Suggested Changes
Hiya, just thought I'd give some ideas I had in my head for some new chems and changes to existing ones. Would love feedback and discussion.

Napalm Goo (Tweaked to be slightly harder to acquire, but significantly stronger and more useful, as overall it is completely ass currently)
(1) Welding Fuel + (1) Oil + (1) Sugar + (1) Egg OR (1) Welding Fuel + (1) Ethanol + (1) Space Glue
Sticks to people and floors causing long lasting fire, slowing down people it is stuck to, and scaling damage with volume applied.

Chlorine Trifluoride
Add explosive reaction with water, creating a small but powerful 1x1 explosion.

Mustard (Phosgene) Gas
(1) Ammonia + (1) Sulfuric Acid + (1) Chlorine + (1) Salt + (1) Oxygen @ 425K OR (1) Mustard + (1) Space Cleaner @ 425K
TOUCH - +1 BURN, +1 BRUTE (Up to 45 Burn and 20 Brute)
INGEST - +1 TOX (Up to 20 Tox)
Decays into Sulfuric and Hydrochloric Acid

Botulinum Toxin
(1) Unstable Mutagen + (1) Capulettium + (1) Neurotoxin + (1) Meat Paste @ 310K
No effects felt until 5th cycle, -1 Maximum Stamina every cycle after (To a maximum of 50), on the 11th cycle begin a 5% chance of losing function of a limb,5% chance of +1 LOSEBREATH, and 5% chance of +2 OXY, eventually permastunning when all limbs are useless and dealing +2 BRAIN
0.1 DEP

Warfarin (Rat Poison)
(1) Acetaldehyde + (1) Cheese + (1) Ethanol
Aggressive anticoagulant (Blood Thinner) that deals +2 BRUTE to a random organ if the victim is bleeding which will scale in damage with the amount of bleeding (up to 10), and exponentially increases the bleeding a victim has over time. On the 18th cycle, will cause bleeding. Like Heparin will dislodge clots and aid with hypertension.
0.4 Dep

Amalgamite (Totally made up, but idea behind it is metal toxins do not bind to charcoal)
(1) Mercury + (1) Copper + (1) Salt + (1) Sulfuric Acid @ 575K
A slow acting, but lethal toxin, that does minor damage to the brain over a long period of time. 5% chance of +1 BRAIN, by the 22nd cycle has chance of stumbling, drooling, confused movement, and drowsiness. However its most lethal aspect is its resistance and aggressive toxicity when treated by charcoal, in which it causes rampant toxic damage based on the amount of time it has been in the victim. Is easily treated by Mannitol.
0.01 DEP
*** This one might make certain deathmixes much too strong, as they act too quickly, to which I suggest that there be diminishing returns added to poisons that attack in the same way. For example neurotoxins that all attack the same part of the body (nervous system) should not stack, or have diminishing returns to the extra damage, that way death mixes have to be planned a little more strategically rather than just +Tox +Tox +Tox***

Ethylene Glycol (Antifreeze)
(2) Ethanol + (1) Sugar + (1) Hydrogen + (1) Acetone
Causes +1 TOX over a long period of time, but cannot be cured by charcoal, and hampers cryohealing by not allowing the body temperature to fall below 230K. Ethanol will increase the depletion rate by 4, and blood transfusion will cure.
0.2 DEP

Incendium (Based on Magnesium Flares IRL)
(1) Copper Nitrate + (1) Potassium + (1) Magnesium @ 545K
Ignites at 374K
Will burn underwater, and in the vacuum of space. Very hard to extinguish. Small fireball 1x1, burning white hot. Volume only increases duration.
TOUCH/INGEST - +60 BURN
TOUCH - +40 BURN

EDIT: Another idea
Either add a dialysis machine, or a way to hook someone up to the reagent extractor to use it as a dialysis machine and filter blood to get chems out of bloodstream. Seppucrow suggested it could also be emagged to remove the person's blood entirely, or filter something else into the bloodstream.
Ethylene glycol actually is the one thing that sticks out on the list as a fantastic chem to counter cryo pill nerds. With some tweaks it may be viable the others I don’t feel as strongly about not that they are bad necessarily just not the shining star that antifreeze is.
i love the idea of making napalm goo actually harder to make but also not just "standard fire accelerant that ramps up fire damage", it currently lacks the main thing of regular napalm as in it just keeps on burning wherever you put it, and that seems like a good way to do it, i don't have anything against the rest as well just cooler napalm is something i've wanted for a while
These are dope.

I like the idea of specific poisons not being treatable by charcoal.
Cyanide's a good choice for a poison not flushed by charcoal, since activated charcoal doesn't work against it in real life.
(04-16-2022, 05:09 AM)Mouse Wrote: Cyanide's a good choice for a poison not flushed by charcoal, since activated charcoal doesn't work against it in real life.

That'd probably be a neat change to make it slightly more useful. Because currently I don't see **much** of a use for it besides stacking since neurotoxin is simply easier and arguably better.
If charcoal didn't work against cyanide, a common poison, it would be insanely lethal
Considering cyanide skinpens, having charcoal not work on it seems needlessly cruel.
(04-16-2022, 05:09 AM)Mouse Wrote: Cyanide's a good choice for a poison not flushed by charcoal, since activated charcoal doesn't work against it in real life.

It also doesn't work too well against alcohol poisoning in real life but it turns out of you go into space it works wonders. Oh and it works if you inject, splash or apply it to the skin... when it's supposed to deal with oral poisons. Huh.
Hello I am, how you say just normal guy very new here never use chem. I say perhaps add neat chem call Nitroglycerin into game. I hear chem very fun and not infact broken. Please add pr now yes?

On another note, charcoal being injected into you does not at all sound like a great idea, when the chem is more of an oral thing irl. Dunno why its like that, and that we don't just have two types of anti-toxins for inject and oral. Much like a comparison to Ipecac and Calomel for removing bad things from the body.
(04-16-2022, 11:02 AM)Danger Noodle Wrote:

It also doesn't work too well against alcohol poisoning in real life but it turns out of you go into space it works wonders. Oh and it works if you inject, splash or apply it to the skin... when it's supposed to deal with oral poisons. Huh.

Charcoal doesn't penetrate skin.
i was thinking of both making cyanide sligthly lower damage, and using the flush modifier i added to make it in general harder to get rid off
making it only deal 0.5 damage per tick, but only flush a quarter of what it does could both make it less of a quick killer when unchecked, and somewhat harder to get rid of, would also make it not AS appealing on mixes
maybe reducing it's depletion to keep it's lethal dose the same even tho it's slower to kill you could help too

in general poisons just feel too fast at killing but also too easy to get rid of imo (and that's kinda already what hellchems are)
(04-16-2022, 04:31 PM)colossusqw Wrote: i was thinking of both making cyanide sligthly lower damage, and using the flush modifier i added to make it in general harder to get rid off
making it only deal 0.5 damage per tick, but only flush a quarter of what it does could both make it less of a quick killer when unchecked, and somewhat harder to get rid of, would also make it not  AS appealing on mixes
maybe reducing it's depletion to keep it's lethal dose the same even tho it's slower to kill you could help too

in general poisons just feel too fast at killing but also too easy to get rid of imo (and that's kinda already what hellchems are)

I think fast poisons and slow poisons have their place and different uses. But more variety and strategies is always ideal.

It's also the same thing in Barotrauma with the whole "Morphine fixes everything" issue, where doctors don't have to think they just have to shove morphine into eyesockets to cure 99% of all problems. It's a lot better in SS13, but still an issue with automends and fix-alls.
My worry is complicating this stuff too much may backfire if virology ever gets reintroduced. Imagine having to learn exceptions to poison rules, then add in all the variables from disease cocktails on top of that and you have a recipe for stressed out doctors.
(04-16-2022, 10:37 PM)DioChasek Wrote: My worry is complicating this stuff too much may backfire if virology ever gets reintroduced. Imagine having to learn exceptions to poison rules, then add in all the variables from disease cocktails on top of that and you have a recipe for stressed out doctors.

I wasn't playing when pathology was a thing, and I'm not sure how they plan on implementing it, but there are potential ways to relieve stress off doctors in that regard. Imo pathology would probably be the most lethal antag job on the station if it's done remotely realistically. So I'm not sure how they plan to balance that alone.