Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
more robust self-requested ban system
Right now if you self request a ban for various reasons its like a normal ban, You cant play until it gets lifted. I personally would love a system where you could be banned from readying up during certain hours of the day; so that you could limit yourself; or not ruin your sleep schedule, but not be locked out of the game entirely.

maybe even a round limiter; so you cant ready up for more then so many rounds in a day
this sounds like a thing where it honestly just needs to be an exercise in self-control, not a system that's implemented and would take time to make.
I really like this idea! This is good.
This seems like ab extremely niche feature. I'm not exactly opposed to it, but if someone did design such a system, they should make sure that it requires no admin intervention to ban/unban a person. We do request bans as a courtesy, they're not really what bans are for, so if such a system was formalized in code, it shouldn't be a new system we'll have to manage.
yea ideally you would be able to lock your settings for up to idk a week; and not be able to change your round limits.

(01-10-2022, 05:45 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote: this sounds like a thing where it honestly just needs to be an exercise in self-control, not a system that's implemented and would take time to make.

you underestimate my ability to procrastinate
Using parent lock programs is pretty good for stuff like this
(01-11-2022, 08:52 AM)Ikea Wrote: Using parent lock programs is pretty good for stuff like this

I was just looking into that and this might be the best option?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsof...ily-safety

It sounds like with this you might be able to just block your computer from running byond altogether? I'm not entirely sure.

It's also good to have another person you know, like a friend or someone you live with like a parent or roommate who can help hold you accountable
yea prolly
Tbh as opposed to a round limiter, a self ban system would be nice, like you can set X hours to have yourself banned from. I always feel like I’m bothering admins when I F1 to request to be banned. I struggle with hyper focusing and self control so having a medass command for self-banning or something would be nice