Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Add security PDA alerts for all arrest status changes other than just arrest
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE][QOL]

About the PR
This PR adds security PDA alerts for all other arrest status updates than when setting someone to arrest (also modifies messages a bit). There is now an alert for when someone is set to Parolled, Incarcerated, Released, and taken off arrest.

Why's this needed?
Currently the only arrest status change sent to your PDA is for when someone is set to arrest, so if a person is set to an arrest status other than arrest other security players don't have full certainty on whether that person has been set to that status or not. This can be especially nice when you are asking another security officer or the AI to set someone to that arrest status. Other times it can just be nice to have full transparency on the arrest process.

Changelog
Code:
changelog
(u)FlameArrow57
(+)Security PDA alerts are now sent for all arrest status changes, using the mailgroup "Adv. Arrest Alert."

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Shit, should probably ping any change to the records. Or force you to type in major and minor crimes when setting to arrest
(01-09-2022, 12:06 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Shit, should probably ping any change to the records. Or force you to type in major and minor crimes when setting to arrest

I was mostly going off what was most used (I believe) when modifying security records. Was considering a separate PR for something kind of related.

Also, one idea from Retrino (on the PR page) would be to make the new alerts mutable since PDA messages can be spammy sometimes.
Does this work on just computer changes or does it work record scanners as well?

If the scanners do this as well, I would set a cooldown on it to prevent scanner PDA ping spam.
Does with it work with the non-termos security record computers? I remember those not sending an alert when you set someone to arrest
(01-09-2022, 05:17 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: Does this work on just computer changes or does it work record scanners as well?

If the scanners do this as well, I would set a cooldown on it to prevent scanner PDA ping spam.

Just for computer changes.

(01-10-2022, 11:19 AM)Merlin1230 Wrote: Does with it work with the non-termos security record computers? I remember those not sending an alert when you set someone to arrest

It was only targeted at the termos/command line interface computers.