Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions about borgs
Please make borg chat a pretty color like radio chat etc. Its extremely easy to miss chats from it.

Also can medi borgs get the ability to put people in medical specific things? Like put someone in a sleeper, or cloner, etc?
Would not be opposed to either of these tbh
Would borgs be able to abuse the ability to grab humanoid mobs? I could sprite a pincher tool for them to simulate a grab-intent click.

Making it upgradable to an aggressive grab would most likely be over the line, because it opens up a lot of wrestling moves. Keeping it limited to the first grab would let them use the cloner and sleepers, though.
Don't really have an opinion one way or another with the grabs, but god yes I'd love for silicon chat to actually look like something. For those unaware because they dont ever play silicons, silicon chat it literally just fucking italics in plain black/white text. It's fucking impossible to see if the chat has any sort of velocity to it.
I admit I have given no thought to how a grab function would work, I'd be happy if it was just a simple grab or shove type deal that only works if you click drag someone onto a sleeper or cloner chamber etc. Theres just times when I'm playing medi borg and could really use the extra help from a sleeper and just cant use it, or have wanted to clone someone but just don't have a way to get them in, and while most of the time medbay is (annoying) the main hangout for half the server, nobody cares or notices from all the chaos half the time and is too busy slapping each other or walking into medics trying to heal people to care or notice about the borg in the corner asking for help putting someone in the cloner.

Also I swear borg chat is smaller than regular chat a bit too but that might just be me. Either way, it's just way too easy to miss it when you're in a chaotic spot and everyone is saying something on top of all the info text about some guy slapping someone, that monkey doing a flip, some guy throwing something at someone, and that guy in the corner getting farted on by 3 people etc. lol.

I honestly don't know how it's been unchanged for so long and stayed default white and same or even smaller than average local chat.
Borg chat should have the same style and SFX as when someone connects to you directly as AI through dwaine.
Made some sprites if someone wants to code in a cyborg grabber. They could use another pass but this should get the job done. They're just tongs in hazard-sign-yellow with little rubber stoppers on the sharp ends so humans don't get hurt.

[Image: kIFtfy6.png] (no active grab)
[Image: 8JAcE14.png] (grabbing)

Little animation to show how it looks in motion:
[Image: grabber-animated.gif]
I feel like just allowing click drag would be the simplest and best solution instead of allowing them to grab humans as a whole.
I’m with Ikea on this one click drag saves a whole bunch of time and feels like it would have the lowest likelihood of abuse.
Borgs already have this for putting people into the AFK cyro unit, so i can't see it being a problem with code.
Been considering making silicon chat look Good; I'd imagine someone else might already be working on this but assuming I don't get distracted I'll see what I can do! Since, yeah I agree, it is infuriatingly easy to miss. Maybe a toggleable audio cue as well would be nice.

On second thought I remembered that I know very little about HTML/CSS styling so I will likely not be looking into this oops

HOWEVER, on grabbing patients: Would definitely be really nice and I wouldn't be opposed, but the point should be made that it makes human docs even *less* necessary, even if it had an action bar or some other downside.
Yeah, cyborg doctors can really make human ones redundant, the ability to move people into things is one of the few things human doctors get called over to do for cyborgs
(01-05-2022, 06:49 PM)Yellow Wrote: Yeah, cyborg doctors can really make human ones redundant, the ability to move people into things is one of the few things human doctors get called over to do for cyborgs

Hm... that is a good point actually. Could you maybe balance it by making it take longer to put them in it maybe? Could also make it a upgrade that would need a human to give, maybe a special set of arms that are in general weak but allow either grabbing in general or only allow click dragging into certain things like sleepers? Idk

Either way, just the chat getting fixed is enough for me.
(01-05-2022, 06:49 PM)Yellow Wrote: Yeah, cyborg doctors can really make human ones redundant, the ability to move people into things is one of the few things human doctors get called over to do for cyborgs

Hands are incredibly underrated. Borgs may be incredibly efficient at healing, but they're way way WAY less flexible than a human doctor.
(01-05-2022, 09:09 PM)Deadvickyart Wrote:

Hands are incredibly underrated. Borgs may be incredibly efficient at healing, but they're way way WAY less flexible than a human doctor.

not really, a good borg doctor can do basically everything a human can.