Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nerf or remove Booster Enzyme
Well definitely don't remove it outright because it's pretty much the best way to get more omnizine. Oh yea by the way, you don't actually need to carry calomel with you to stop a booster enzyme abuser, you can actually simply set them on fire over and over and any and all booster enzymes in their bloodstream will convert into denatured enzymes, which are useless.

Source: I accidentally set myself on fire with like 200u of booster enzyme inside me and it all denatured instantly.

(11-20-2021, 05:29 AM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: It isn't the sort of stuff you would find in any other game
That's a bad reason to remove anything.

Quote:Why make cool heal mixes when u can make this chem that does it all for you
Wut? It only duplicates the listed chems if they're in the bloodstream. It doesn't by itself spawn healchems out of thin air. If anything it makes healchem mixes all the more potent because they last longer.
(11-20-2021, 09:37 AM)Ahzoh Wrote:
Quote:Why make cool heal mixes when u can make this chem that does it all for you
Wut? It only duplicates the listed chems if they're in the bloodstream. It doesn't by itself spawn healchems out of thin air. If anything it makes healchem mixes all the more potent because they last longer.

its not hard to grab an analgesic from the medvend and have salicylic acid in your system
(11-20-2021, 09:44 AM)Cal Wrote: Its not hard to grab an analgesic from the medvend and have salicylic acid in your system
Ok but they were talking about healchem mixes.
(11-20-2021, 10:06 AM)Ahzoh Wrote: Ok but they were talking about healchem mixes.

Omnizine, Synaptizine, Synthflesh, Meth, mannitol, epinephrine, menthol, etc are all trivial to get. You could even toss in something insane like energy drink.
(11-20-2021, 11:52 AM)Cal Wrote: Omnizine, Synaptizine, Synthflesh, Meth, mannitol, epinephrine, menthol, etc are all trivial to get. You could even toss in something insane like energy drink.
I don't understand what you're trying to argue.

The main appeal of booster enzyme is to have healing chems persist in the bloodstream without needing to reinject/reingest and it will do this while making sure you never overdose.

Although using it to get more omnizine without needing to buy more from traders is a nice bonus.
I'm saying booster enzyme is fucking insane
Omnizine always seemed fairly trivial for me to get with the bottle in medbay, the cannabis mutation, appearing in artbeakers, traders, DONK POCKETS.
Never would the thought have crossed my mind to make booster enzyme just to get omnizine.

Also, booster enzyme doesn't replicate energy drink.
Booster enzyme is like the worst way to get more omnizine.
there's a simple, permanent solution to this problem and everything else like it and you don't even have to touch the game's code to do it

make it against the rules to abuse shit like this.
Plus, F1, it would fix a decent amount of problems I think, by preventing power gaming and thus making it easier for people to be more creative with what they do, instead of just rushing the most powerful things each round, and make sure it applies to both antags and regular crew!
OP opened up with valid hunting. Nothing wrong with booster enzyme. This game is too complex to be balanced. The issue here is valid hunting which is against the rules, or non-traitors being traitors which is against the rules. The solution isn't to remove the toys for people to use but to talk to the player. ahelp it.
(11-21-2021, 09:55 AM)Comrade f191 Wrote: make it against the rules to abuse shit like this.
The problem with doing that is deciding what constitutes abuse. Sure making the same chem every single round (and especially without any attempt to incorporate variation is a clearcut example of abusing it, but what about making it once every 20 rounds? once every 40? Where do we draw the line?
  • methamphetamine acts as a purgative for brain medicines mannitol and synaptizine.
  • haloperidol additionally purges synaptizine
    These recent changes could lead to an interesting approach. Instead of removing booster enzymes why not give more tools to fight against things like that. MDir already barely does anything. I like the idea of increases their role in stopping drug-fueled rampagers. Make haloperidol just flush every positive drug from a system. Mutadone already removes mutations quickly.
Ahzoh has the right idea - Some of y'all say make it against the rules - At what point did they break a rule? At what point would you, as a player, ahelp?

"Help admins, this person is playing the game normally and intelligently. Please punish them!"

This isn't equivalent to a self defense bomb (OR RUSHING THE ROBUST-TEC 200 ROUNDS IN A ROW) This person went "Oh, it is super dangerous to fight antagonists. I should make something to keep me alive" and made a healmix.

At what point is this abuse? At what point would YOU ahelp this?

If they make it every round, 5 rounds, 10 rounds in a row sure, there's a pattern of abuse to act on. Is that present here? WHEN would it be present?

If it's happening -every time they're on- like OP said, DID they ahelp it?

For clarification, I think booster enzyme should duplicate chems in you so much they become dangerous. They don't go over 20, which is the standard addiction threshold for many medical chems.
I think when to a-help on it is pretty clear to me at least. Are you an antagonist or member of security? If the answer is yes neat you have cleared the first hurdle. Are you a non-antag member of chemistry or botany? Ok that’s great you should be making these Chems for security and medical to save lives. Are you some bozo staffie out looking for a fight/grief with no legit reason to be making this chem? No then you probably deserve that ahelp you are about to get from me.

But since there seems to be a proclivity to just destroy the tool instead of solve the problem the easiest fix is to increase the amount of enzymatic leftovers generated per duplication cycle by at least double to 2 units per chem duplicated at a minimum or if we are going super hard on a nerf to it up to 5 units per chem duplicated. Doing so would decrease the number of functioning Chema in your system drastically unless your heal mix is administered quickly and perfectly.