HoS Application: Morgan Freeman
Usual character name: Morgan Freeman
BYOND username: MorganTerim
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Bepis#0121

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee

Reason for application: Having a Head of Security on the security team always leads to a more organized, fair and fun security team. On some rounds i find officers who lack experience, give unfair punishments to the antagonists or crew and officers that cant communicate well with each other. As a security officer i try to help these kinds of players, teaching inexperienced officers can be done on any role but solving the latter two problems are condsiderably more easier with a Head of Security leading the team.

I also find that having a Head of Security makes the round in general more fun having a bastion of law on the station that you can trust. It also leads to the security team being able to respond to threats more efficiently because of the Head of Security's access to the armory. For example when a power sink is planted and all the lights are out the sec team would need night vision goggles to help combat darkness. Authorising the armory to get mere night visions leads to unwanted situations such as security officers who dont know better taking shotguns or pulse rifles.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Back when i started playing i never touched security and learnt all the other departments first. This was to make sure that if i play security i would be able to assess situations correctly and have the neccesary experience to deal with them. After learning the other departments i started playing security. The thing that pushed me to do so was because of how impactful security was to the round. I always enjoyed combat and franky the baton noise is just too satisfying. 
I have been playing mostly security for a while now (in addition to clown and staffie of course) i like to think i have enough experience, knowledge and understanding of the culture to know how to correctly deal with situations. I dislike any form of powergaming as security unless the situation calls for it. For example being the last member of security alive while a traitor with A c saber, stuns, no slips,menders and drugs rampages the station, this situation calls for the use of tools outside of security's arsenal, like mechboots meth flamer etc. While some may like it i also very much dislike not looking like security when you are one, for example wearing staff assistant clothes. When an antag sees you they should know to avoid you to make it fun and fair for both sides. On that topic i also feel like you should always act after getting a feel for the round. A staff assistant or clown breaking into sec on occasion is not a big problem on a calm spy round, but on a round where bombings and murder is happening regularly breaking into sec deserves more harsh punishment. The same goes for treating antags. If you are on a calm round with not much happening you probably should let the vamp sucking the mechanic in maint go with a brig sentence and muzzling. But if it happens on a chaotic round with multiple murderous antags wreaking havoc you probably should execute the vampire on spot. Its not about making the round more fun for sec its about making the round fun for everyone so i always tend to think of that when dealing with antagonists.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
  • Try to keep a cool head, acting impulsively will make you more prone to giving out unjust punishments. Try to gather as much information as you can before you make decisions. The antags are what make the round interesting for everyone, keep that in mind when dealing with them. Keep in touch with the sec team an organized team is very efficient. Get creative with your punishments its always more fun for both sides
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
  • I personally think the taser SMG could get a buff considering its the weakest ranged stun that sec is offered as it stands.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
  • When im only sec i tend to grab tools and play more attentively. I also give harsher punishments to antags to make sure the round is not tipped too much in the antags favor. I also avoid running gimmicks and play more seriously.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
  • Draw a picture!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None

It appears i have failed to post the picture. Sorry about that im rather new on using the forums here it is. https://i.ibb.co/yXdnmGC/MORGAN.png
uneasy +1

While I have seen you do well as a security officer many times I’ve seen some less hos appropriate actions in the past such as abusing overpowered shit over and over again. I don’t think you would do this now but still something to note.
(11-01-2021, 01:18 PM)unfunnyperson Wrote: uneasy +1

While I have seen you do well as a security officer many times I’ve seen some less hos appropriate actions in the past such as abusing overpowered shit over and over again. I don’t think you would do this now but still something to note.

Thanks for the feedback! I try to be rather careful and distinct with how I play security compared to how I play other roles.  I will keep this in mind for the future.
frequent player, good listener, otherwise, nothing else remarkable to note

+1 probably
Can be a little heavy handed imo, but has a very good understanding of security and what is required. Knowledgeable player overall, and I don't really have any bad experiences on a personal standpoint, just think some of the punishments handed out have been excessive. *This is not a criticism of specifically you either, more of a specific type of playstyle for security I see on main. I think having you as a HoS would be a benefit to any round that I'm in. I do hope if you get the HoS whitelist though, you'd be a little more critical of the other security players in a round instead of just a security officer with a shiny gun.

+1 from me
I've played with Morgan plenty. While he is one of the better officers in that he isn't abusive, I don't see him as being ready for HoS.

While he keeps in radio contact sometimes, often he's silent.
Haven't seen him displaying leadership amidst the team.
Haven't witnessed him intervening in behalf of prisoners, ensuring their fair treatment.
Haven't witnessed him disciplining the team.
Moreover, It'd be nice to see you take in more prisoners beyond petty criminals.
(While being "Robust" isn't required, the HoS is looked toward for combat experience. You must be able to guide them on how to effectively approach an antagonist)

Morgan, Guide the team. Ensure fair treatment of prisoners and crew alike. Discipline your Officers and Command.
Even if you're not "Robust", you'd have my approval if you did these things.

Maybe it's my own fault for not paying closer attention, overall I don't see much from you beyond silently running around wearing a princess dress and gasmask.
Can't support this.
+1

All around a good officer, only issue is that he's a little silent on the radio when it's quiet, however when shit hits the fan you can normally count on him paying attention and even calling out stuff, so it's a rather small issue

And while it is true he power games while doing other jobs, I haven't seen him do it while playing security. in fact I think I've seen him discourage using antag weapons once or twice.

TLDR: He's ready to slap breaching charges on computers cause the HoP was handing out AA like candy (Atleast in my opinion)
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to concerns about leading the security team. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 17 of March. For now, we encourage you to keep playing security roles, and to show that you are a positive presence in your security team!