Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PTL: MORE POWER
If we could increase the power output the PTL could put out, that would be cool. What if it changed into a purple and into a dark, scary red color, as you each PW and EW?

If we could have the ability to make 1 million credits every minute via PTL that would be sick.

Only downside I could think of is that it might make getting the 1 million credits easier to achieve, maybe. Dont know if that’s even a downside.
Are you suggesting the output of various power sources be scaled up?

I think the PTL has a hard cap on the amount of money produced so it doesn't completely upturn the economy at around ~62K per minute.  What cool things to do you want to do with the money?

Recent discussion on PTL changes that was pending some adjustments to how Molitz Beta worked:  https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=16471
62k per minute that is divided between CE and all engineers right?
I thought the money was put directly into the payroll...
(07-20-2021, 07:48 AM)Azrun Wrote: Are you suggesting the output of various power sources be scaled up?

I think the PTL has a hard cap on the amount of money produced so it doesn't completely upturn the economy at around ~62K per minute.  What cool things to do you want to do with the money?

Recent discussion on PTL changes that was pending some adjustments to how Molitz Beta worked:  https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=16471

I'm suggesting raise the max output level the PTL could fire at, right now its capped at 999TW, and it feels like a waste of power that I can't use it on a more deadly laser.
can you even reach that level of power anymore?
(07-20-2021, 02:48 PM)Rilor Wrote: can you even reach that level of power anymore?

Yeah, I hit 80exawatts of power on goon1 the other day and I saw someone get to yottawatts on discord.
Id honestly like the power output to be scaled down to be honest. Most engines have gigawatts as there high power mode, TeG is an exception to this rule. By removing another scale to the ptl you make it far easier to balance the cash output.
(07-20-2021, 06:19 PM)Ikea Wrote: Id honestly like the power output to be scaled down to be honest. Most engines have gigawatts as there high power mode, TeG is an exception to this rule. By removing another scale to the ptl you make it far easier to balance the cash output.

The idea of balancing credits isn’t really true at the moment, I’ve seen rounds where somehow someone mass produced million credit stacks around the station, and it didn’t break any game mechanics. 

Personally I have no use for the money, but it’s just the same principle as to why people want to increase power output, “haha funny number go up”

Also I just think it would be cool if the PTL laser sprite changed colors as the power got higher and higher.
(07-21-2021, 05:05 AM)Jakson Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 06:19 PM)Ikea Wrote: Id honestly like the power output to be scaled down to be honest. Most engines have gigawatts as there high power mode, TeG is an exception to this rule. By removing another scale to the ptl you make it far easier to balance the cash output.

The idea of balancing credits isn’t really true at the moment, I’ve seen rounds where somehow someone mass produced million credit stacks around the station, and it didn’t break any game mechanics. 

Personally I have no use for the money, but it’s just the same principle as to why people want to increase power output, “haha funny number go up”

Also I just think it would be cool if the PTL laser sprite changed colors as the power got higher and higher.
The amount of cash the station has heavily effects a qms playstyle. Managing cash is what cargo is all about, and if they cant do that then theyre kinda out of a job. Not to mention just because cash isnt well balanced currently, doesnt mean it shouldnt be. Being able to balance a ptl around being worthwhile cash on low power output, and not taking a quartermasters job away, and also making real good cash on all engines and not just the teg would be highly simplified by reducing the amount of power it can output.
(07-21-2021, 06:06 AM)Ikea Wrote:

The amount of cash the station has heavily effects a qms playstyle. Managing cash is what cargo is all about, and if they cant do that then theyre kinda out of a job. Not to mention just because cash isnt well balanced currently, doesnt mean it shouldnt be. Being able to balance a ptl around being worthwhile cash on low power output, and not taking a quartermasters job away, and also making real good cash on all engines and not just the teg would be highly simplified by reducing the amount of power it can output.
Once mining gets a starstone, or they get a few valuable asteroids, cargos job is easily done, and that happens far more often than a CE doing a burn high enough to collect credits, also it’s not like the PTL money goes into cargos budget (I think) I’m pretty sure it goes into the CE and Engineer checks.
(07-21-2021, 07:35 AM)Jakson Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 06:06 AM)Ikea Wrote:

Once mining gets a starstone, or they get a few valuable asteroids, cargos job is easily done, and that happens far more often than a CE doing a burn high enough to collect credits, also it’s not like the PTL money goes into cargos budget (I think) I’m pretty sure it goes into the CE and Engineer checks.
1. I dont like starstones, theyre not fun for cargo, honestly if it was up to me Id highly reduce the amount of money they make. 2. QM works much better on classic. On classic its rare for miners to give stuff to cargo, and even when they do, thanks to the shorter length of classic rounds there's still an importance to quartermasters being able to make there own cash quickly. 3. The PTL budget goes into both cargo budget and the checks, and if we're talking about allowing the ptl to make even more cash, it seems like itd nullify cargos job even more, which really isnt fun for the quartermaster.
Not quoting to save thread spam

I don’t think the fun part of cargo is the idea of printing the same pod parts for 30 minutes. Quartermasters have fun because they can buy literally whatever they want, and get creative freedom. Build a bar, kitchen, expand cargo, do whatever. I have NEVER seen a QM get a starstone and be sad. Besides, what are they gonna spend the money on? A bunch of shitty sec crates with a garbage gun? Cargo rarely even does much once they get rich.
Agree to disagree? Most of my rounds as cargo where I get a starstone instantly are boring as hell, and the quartermaster mains Ive talked too highly disliked it. Also one of your last sentences literally touches onto the issue with starstones, "what are they gonna spend the money on?". Cargo isnt about spending money its about making it, and when theres no need to make money youre kinda shit outta luck.