Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[MERGED PR] Lowered the cost of the cloning module and the cloning module kit
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Lowered the cost of the cloning module and the cloning module kit from from 7 to 6 and 11 to 10 respectively.

Why's this needed?
Requested PR from @Froggit Dogget#2669 on Discord

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Carbadox
(+)Lowered the cost of the midslave cloning module and the mindslav cloning module kit from from 7 to 6 and 11 to 10 respectively.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
unexpected but welcoming change, cloning gets bombed like there is no tomorrow.
My opinion, axe out the single module completely, and just make the full kit 7 TC. Nobody wants to spend 1/6 of their antag round (on main) collecting the stuff to build a cloner. It just eliminates creativity with other antag items. The cost of just lowering it one point doesn’t feel enough to really make a difference.
Last time we had the stats they were bought:

7 Mindslave Cloning Module
2 Deluxe Mindslave Cloning Module Kit

Which is 71st and 91st place out of 97.
(07-09-2021, 05:01 AM)Katzen Wrote: Last time we had the stats they were bought:

I’m sure if I follow, so the module costed 7 TC, but the cloning kit costed 2 TC? And they were 71st and 91st on the most bought traitor list?
(07-09-2021, 05:08 AM)Jakson Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 05:01 AM)Katzen Wrote: Last time we had the stats they were bought:

I’m sure if I follow, so the module costed 7 TC, but the cloning kit costed 2 TC? And they were 71st and 91st on the most bought traitor list?

If I'm reading this correctly, the mindslave cloning module was picked 7 times, while the full kit was picked twice during whatever time period this data was collected.
I suggested these changes not only because theyre underpicked, but with the agent card possibly costing 2 TC, you would lose out on the ability to make a cloner in the listening post. And then the single piece, if you chose to make a cloner from scratch, would be replacable if a staffie finds it and steals it.